Poll: Do you prefer Effectrix or Glitich2?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion

Which is your favorite:

Effectrix
45%
Glitch2
55%

Total votes: 29

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm going through my plugins, making a top-3 favorites list for each type. In doing so, I encountered a bit of a quandary. For glitchy madness, I've settled on Stutter Edit, VPS GlitchBitch, and either Glitch2 or Effectrix. That got me to wondering which one the community preferred overall. Hence, the poll. I've no idea if it will influence my decision, but I am curious to see which is more popular.

Let the voting commence!

I prefer Effectrix.

Never used glitch heard it produces more clicks than effectrix

You're missing Turnado.

I prefer to mess things up the painfully manual way, as I find the FX sequencers gives me less than musical results,
but Turnado is different. You map it to midi controllers and performing with it is a lot of fun.

I prefer Loomer Sequent.

asksol wrote:You're missing Turnado.

I prefer to mess things up the painfully manual way, as I find the FX sequencers gives me less than musical results,
but Turnado is different. You map it to midi controllers and performing with it is a lot of fun.
Definitely agree here. Turnado really leaves everything up to you. You can go the random tweaker route if you're looking for inspiration or just want to add random "greebles" to your part; or you can program the thing in depth, almost asif you were doing glitches in a wave editor. It really lets you "dictate" what you want :hihi:
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Another vote for Turnado here .... I have Effectrix too but aint used it since getting Turnado and Looperator.

I prefer Glitch2 because of "dirtier sound", but Effectrix is good too.
yzcoruhT

You can do the same thing with Glitch2, and in fact Glitch2 is slightly more flexible since you can map entire sequences to a midi note.

Robert Randolph wrote:

You can do the same thing with Glitch2, and in fact Glitch2 is slightly more flexible since you can map entire sequences to a midi note.
Can Glitch2 map several controls to each one of 8 knobs, giving hands on control of up to 8 fx at once like Turnado?

I have been through most Glitch plugs and by far prefer Glitch 2. Top notch effects and workflow! Pure quality programming from dblue. :tu:

thecontrolcentre wrote:
Robert Randolph wrote:

Can Glitch2 map several controls to each one of 8 knobs, giving hands on control of up to 8 fx at once like Turnado?
dont forget dynamically changing the routing order of effects in realtime depending on which one youre tweaking.........totally unique to Turnado :love:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

218 wrote:I have been through most Glitch plugs and by far prefer Glitch 2. Top notch effects and workflow! Pure quality programming from dblue. :tu:
+1

thecontrolcentre wrote:
Robert Randolph wrote:

Not that I know of directly, but your host should allow you to do this, or a VST chainer/host.

Thanks for all the great responses, everyone. Learned of a few things I haven't tried yet. Keep `em coming!

Return to “Effects”