Klanghelm MJUC and MJUC jr. released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,
after almost 2 years of excessive research and development the new Klanghelm compressors are finally released.
In order to do the diversity of the variable-mu compression topology justice, three different models have been build. These are kind of a time travel though the history of tube compression to capture the essence of each generation. Unlike most original designs, MJUC's models consist of up to 4 (interacting) variable-mu stages. Each model has its own dedicated signal path and dedicated control set.

MJUC is the first Klanghelm plugin, that's built with the help of a new framework. That's brings a lot of new usability features such as GUI-resizing, AB-ing and a feature-rich platform independent preset browser with save/copy/paste/save-as-default functionality. Furthermore it's possible to tweak the knob behavior, enable tooltips, show/hide value labels and more. All these features will find their way to the existing Klanghelm plugin as soon as possible.

MJUC costs 24 €.

available formats: VST, AU, AAX, RTAS

As always, there's a free little brother called MJUC jr., which is a combination of the first two models.

for more info go to

MJUC - variable-tube compressor

MJUCjr - free

Tony

UPDATE 07/30/2015
MJUC 1.0.2
- In HQ mode, the cutoff frequency of the oversampling filters now change depending on the sample rate (now always near half the sample rate)
- DENSITY and ISTAGE now trigger the AGC calculation too.
-stability and compatibility improvements for older Windows machines

MJUC jr. 1.0.1
- reduced CPU load when using the plugin's internal bypass
- when used on stereo channels, GR-meter now shows the gain reduction of the stereo sum instead of left channel only
- FIX: default state gets recalled properly now in ProTools
- FIX: occasional erratic VU-needle-behavior
- FIX: OSX: 64-bit AU didn't pass AU-validation on some systems
- FIX: Windows: overall better compatibility with older Windows machines
Last edited by tonhelm on Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

No need to demo :P instant buy. Grats on the release Tony.

Thanks a lot...
yzcoruhT

+1

PS: On the web page, the the download for the User Manual links to SDRR. Here is the right link:
http://klanghelm.com/docs/MJUC-manual.pdf
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:+1

PS: On the web page, the the download for the User Manual links to SDRR. Here is the right link:
http://klanghelm.com/docs/MJUC-manual.pdf
thanks a lot. already fixed this. I have the feeling that with each Klanghelm release you always spot this kind of things :) :tu:

Congratulations !
It sounds wonderful and looks gorgeous !

congrats
love all the 3 comps
very good sound
thankyou
very good work mr. tonhelm

Instant purchase.

Thanks
Tony :tu:

Looks nice, i expect it sounds great too. There will likely be a purchase from me very soon.

Mace404 wrote:No need to demo :P instant buy. Grats on the release Tony.
+1
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Ditto! It's brilliant :D

Bought before even reading or listening to anything on the site. Easiest purchase decision ever.

Congratulations Tony! Already looking forward to having MJUC become my main workhorse.

I love the SOUND of it. With many compressors my first impression is how flexible they can be, or how elegant they sound on extreme settings :)

I never remember being so impressed just with the sound, the airness, clarity in the top end and such a relaxed stereo image. Am I the only one?

At first glace I like this comp a LOT more then DC8C.Major step forward. :party:

zenvoxpop wrote:At first glace I like this comp a LOT more then DC8C.Major step forward. :party:
That was my first impresson too, but let's not forget that MJUC is based on fast and instant results while DC8C2 is more about digging into lot of functions in order to create a more personal dynamic response (like Presswerk in some ways).
Two different beasts imo. But the lazy sound tech in me loves MJUC for that... :hihi:

Couldn't help myself not trying out the full version, ... at that price and sound just couldn't resist! :hyper:

My biggest concern would be about the CPU usage... hopefully I can get it to healthy levels without sacrificing too much character and quality. :)

Just ordered, Can't wait! :hyper:

Return to “Effects”