On a (harsh) budget - Which reverb?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey,

looking for a workhorse general use reverb so that i don't have to switch between verbs which can do one thing, but not another (i have a lot of those... magware or freeware...). I know the Valhalla verbs get mentioned a lot here and elsewhere, but frankly, i don't want to pay more than 20-25 €, used of course. I've looked into Toraverb which is being advertised as being very versatile, so i wonder, would that be a valid substitue for what ValhallaRoom can do for example? Does it play in the same league? Sound examples sound good, but then i don't know if it's suited for any kind of situation, as i know the Valhalla verbs come with a lot of different algorithms. Plus i read that Toraverb tends to be a bit on the synthetic side. What i'm looking for is basically a big versatility, a "natural" sound without mushing up the sound, or sounding metallic (hate that), or without generally processing the sound too much.

Probably i'm looking for the eierlegende Wollmilchsau which doesn't exist, at least in that price range, but i thought i'd ask anyway. Also interested about opinions about Toraverb.

Cheers. :)

Eos

Coded by Sean (Valhalla) anyway and it does most things very well.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=324294

Thread on best low cost Reverb- Spoiler -Valhalla Room!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

EpicVerb is good for a variety of material.
BC

Battle Cat wrote:EpicVerb is good for a variety of material.
Unfortunately 32-bit only, and i must say it muffles the sound a bit IMO...

Thanks for the Eos tip, but it's in the same price range of VRoom, so i guess if i had to choose between those two, i would go for VRoom any way. Maybe i'll just take a look in the market place and see if i can snatch it for cheap. Not sure though if it wouldn't be a bit overkill for me though. I'd already be happy with something good sounding with more than 4 knobs and a long tail. :)

if you have the mag/free options covered, then i think it only leaves a few options. is your daw 'verb any good ??

pretty sure you will be able to demo most of them (not 'eos'), so give them a spin

count yourself lucky that you're avoiding having to tie yourself in knots deciding between 'room' and 'vvv' :scared: save that for another time :ud:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:is your daw 'verb any good ??
Nope. :D In fact it's pretty bad IMO (Roomworks SE). Never tried the one in Studio One.

I think i will demo Eos and VRoom, and see if one of those suits me. Dunno about Toraverb really, looks like many do prefer other options, and it looks like it would be pretty CPU intensive too.

Edit: No demo for Eos. Sound demos sound good though.

chk071 wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:is your daw 'verb any good ??
Nope. :D In fact it's pretty bad IMO (Roomworks SE). Never tried the one in Studio One.

I think i will demo Eos and VRoom, and see if one of those suits me. Dunno about Toraverb really, looks like many do prefer other options, and it looks like it would be pretty CPU intensive too.
'eos' can't be demo'ed. also, having just visited their site, i see 'eos' at the same price as valhalla. given that valhalla represents the evolution of the developer's algorithm design etc, i imagine there are going to be very few reasons to prefer the former.

who knows ?? have fun :tu:

Thanks. :) What makes me tend a bit more towards Eos atm is the easier interface, and that it's in general a bit simpler (fewer algorithms too), and the (probably) lower used price. Really can't burn much money atm, and i always could "upgrade" to VRoom another time then.

Amazon: why not use an alternative

Thanks for the tip, i got that from a CM issue actually, but never gave it a try, should definitely do.

Just got Eos on the market place btw, it's very nice, just what i was hoping for. :tu: Sounds very clear and realistic.

What kind of DAW are you using, often the bundled plugs can be enough.

chk071 wrote:Just got Eos on the market place btw, it's very nice, just what i was hoping for. :tu: Sounds very clear and realistic.
:tu:

I bought Eos too, just few hours ago (yesterday). Really good reverb, my choice number one now and best purchase of this year.
Last edited by U-o on Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yzcoruhT

Seriously, have a couple of pints less this week, save the extra 20 euro's and get Valhalla Room.

Return to “Effects”