Automatic-equalizer vst-plugin?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DJ Warmonger wrote:I need to get something like this. Eventually I ended up eqializing all the tracks in same maneer, a tool which could do the trick automatically would be nice.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

clintmartin wrote:I guess this qualifies...
http://acondigital.com/products/defilter/
I haven't used it.
Thanks for mentioning DeFilter. One of our customers (Brian from Tracks In The Box - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnSIcW ... uP3VseMosw) just sent us a great video that shows how to use it in a very nice way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsKSdA9eu94

Best,
Stian

Nice video. I have defilter on my list for sure. It looks like a very nice tool to have.

Applegate wrote:Hi everyone,

I was asking myself if a real automatic equalizer exists? I have a plugin in mind which keeps analyzing your track while playing and then adapts to the respective position.

Does anyone know anything like that?

Regards

Applegate
To my mind, what you're describing is a Vocoder assuming that you want something that analyzes a sidechain signal for frequency spectrum and applies that to the signal being EQ-ed.

was just going to mention defilter myself although I am still getting to grips with it. I guess it's time i actually read the manual :hihi:

TheoM wrote:was just going to mention defilter myself although I am still getting to grips with it. I guess it's time i actually read the manual :hihi:
:) I think Brian covered the basic very well in the video. It's well worth a watch if you didn't already. Definitely more fun than reading manuals... ;)

Best,
Stian

stian wrote:
TheoM wrote:was just going to mention defilter myself although I am still getting to grips with it. I guess it's time i actually read the manual :hihi:
:) I think Brian covered the basic very well in the video. It's well worth a watch if you didn't already. Definitely more fun than reading manuals... ;)

Best,
Stian
no i didn't see it, i only watched the equalise one.. will check the defilter one now, cheers Stian :)

How often do Acon Digital products go on sale? I would like to get Defilter and Equalize. Christmas is fast approaching!

clintmartin wrote:How often do Acon Digital products go on sale? I would like to get Defilter and Equalize. Christmas is fast approaching!

not often, i would guess a couple times a year for 30%? Luckily he doesn't go higher than that - i have never seen "silly", "let's totally kill the value of our products" sales.

Also there isn't a transfer fee, just putting that out there cause I know some, including myself, are wary of such things. That said, since I first owned an acon plugin a few years back, i haven't sold a single one. That's scary for me! (also shows how much i love em!) :)

And a one line, simple, non machine dependant serial number. Basically, everything is done properly in favour of the customer IMO.

Edit, just checked via kvr news, i was pretty close! 2 a year at 25%. Perfect IMO as it's incentive without hurting resale. Last time was April this year than BF last year.. so i would hazard a guess the next sale will be this black friday coming.

Thanks. I was not implying that they were over priced at all, but I've been bitten by paying full price for something that does go on sale several times a year for 50% off. I've learned to wait for the deal.

While it isn't technically on sale right now, you can get DeFilter for $83.69 at Audiodeluxe this weekend in their Labor Day sale.
Brian Garrison
Tracks In The Box
YouTube | Facebook

I did see that. I'm not sure Defilter is what I want yet. I'm testing it and Pro-Q 2 right now. One is twice as much as the other, but it can do what I want. Both are excellent plugins. The Acon EQ is another I may try.

Pro-Q 2 is a great EQ, for sure, but I hate their implementation of match EQ. Having to load the file you want to match your current track to and run it into the sidechain while they both play back? Who thought that was a good idea? I really like that you can save profiles and quickly load them any time in DeFilter, and DeFilter has the capability to be much more detailed, or not, depending on what you want.

Plus, you have to be very careful that both tracks are the same volume in Pro-Q 2 or you get weird results. I haven't noticed volume having any effect on DeFilter.
Brian Garrison
Tracks In The Box
YouTube | Facebook

Yes I noticed the volume thing right off. It is a bit picky.

stian wrote: Thanks for mentioning DeFilter..

Best,
Stian
That looks like an amazing tool. But why doesn't it have a Wet/Dry knob? Apart from the Ephasis Frequency line it could, imo, really benefit from a quick main WetDry.

I'll keep my eye on this!

Return to “Effects”