Upgrade to Ozone 7 : Another 99-249$

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

^ very true

From izotope:
Please note, you may not transfer any past versions of software after purchasing an upgrade while still retaining the latest version.
Means that any upgraded version (for example: Alloy, Ozone, Trash, Nectar) could not be transfered after upgrading!
Was Große tun, beschwatzen gern die Kleinen.

Their programmers may be MIT, the business/marketing guys not so much.
An EULA clusterfuck

sugo wrote:From izotope:
Please note, you may not transfer any past versions of software after purchasing an upgrade while still retaining the latest version.
Means that any upgraded version (for example: Alloy, Ozone, Trash, Nectar) could not be transfered after upgrading!
No, just means, for example, if you upgrade Ozone 6 to Ozone 7 you can't then go on to sell 6. Doesn't it?

samsam wrote:
No, just means, for example, if you upgrade Ozone 6 to Ozone 7 you can't then go on to sell 6. Doesn't it?
I would have thought so .....
Except it is called Music Production Bundle Loyalty Upgrade.
Going to email them to clarify
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

samsam wrote:
Yup, that's how I read it. And fair enough.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote:
samsam wrote:
Yup, that's how I read it. And fair enough.
Yeah, but while its understandable what that means, its not necessarily that clear to me how it applies to something like this, which isnt called an upgrade but for many people maybe includes a version-increase of at least one product over the products they already own that they're not using as the basis for that 'upgrade'.

So, if I get this via my ownership of a copy of RX4, is this going to count as an 'upgrade' of my copy of Ozone 5, meaning I cannot sell that? Does it count as upgrade of my Nektar 2 Elements? Or could I sell both of those. Do I get a second Trash 2 license, and a 3rd copy of the expansions(*) and could I sell one of them 2 license if I did? Can I subsequently sell my RX4 license?

That's the stuff I find unclear, and it aint covered in that license transfer info...

(* On account of izotope giving them away free to everyone who had Trash2 including people who'd already paid for them)
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

samsam wrote:
Yep, thats what i mean. Sorry for my bad english :)
But this means also: You can`t sell any "pre-version" of the bundle-included ones. The question is now: Could i sell my alloy2 version, which i already owned before the bundle-upgrade. Because i own now 2 identical alloy 2 licenses.
upgrade = update?
Was Große tun, beschwatzen gern die Kleinen.

What I'm unclear about is this:
Uncle E wrote: "Can licenses be resold after they're used to upgrade?"
Our EULA does allow for any iZotope product to be resold. If people are buying and selling licenses just to qualify for the upgrade then that would not qualify. The spirit of the upgrade is to reward people who own multiple iZotope products and want more.

"Can licenses be resold if they aren't used to upgrade but are included in the bundle?"
I believe this is similar to the previous question.
This part in bold (mine): sounds like it is in addition to their EULA because of this current sale. I have Alloy 2 but am not using it as my qualifier. But according to the bold part, it seems I cannot sell Alloy because either 1) it's not allowed because I will be upgrading to the bundle, OR 2) they will deny the person who buys it from using it to qualify? ("if people are buying and selling just to...")

I emailed them in the beginning of the week to clarify and still have not heard back.

macmuse wrote:What I'm unclear about is this:
Our EULA does allow for any iZotope product to be resold. If people are buying and selling licenses just to qualify for the upgrade then that would not qualify. The spirit of the upgrade is to reward people who own multiple iZotope products and want more.

"Can licenses be resold if they aren't used to upgrade but are included in the bundle?"
This part in bold (mine): sounds like it is in addition to their EULA because of this current sale. I have Alloy 2 but am not using it as my qualifier. But according to the bold part, it seems I cannot sell Alloy because either 1) it's not allowed because I will be upgrading to the bundle, OR 2) they will deny the person who buys it from using it to qualify? ("if people are buying and selling just to...")

I emailed them in the beginning of the week to clarify and still have not heard back.
I sold Nectar 2 Production Suite and Ozone 6 last week, then bought the loyalty upgrade to get again Nectar 2 Production suite and Ozone 6 Advanced instead of standard. So I don't see any problem coming from Izotope.

Ryan99 wrote:

I sold Nectar 2 Production Suite and Ozone 6 last week, then bought the loyalty upgrade to get again Nectar 2 Production suite and Ozone 6 Advanced instead of standard. So I don't see any problem coming from Izotope.
People are talking about different cases. In your case (?), you sold products before the loyalty upgrade and then you had some other (1-2) qualifying products left to use for the loyalty bundle.

Harry_HH wrote:
Ryan99 wrote:

People are talking about different cases. In your case (?), you sold products before the loyalty upgrade and then you had some other (1-2) qualifying products left to use for the loyalty bundle.
Then there is this (second part that is bold). ???

Wow... all too confusing for me, plus the concern about future, possibly expensive, multiple paid upgrades.

Though if I had the need and cash, I'd buy RX, and then the loyalty bundle upgrade... like I said before, it's kind of like getting RX for free on top of the already heavily discounted MP bundle full price.

I'm out, though (unless maybe I hear about someone getting the upgrade just from Nectar Elements... even then I'd be afraid of the above caveats).

Izo on, topes!
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

whyterabbyt wrote:Trash 2 ... expansions(*)

(* On account of izotope giving them away free to everyone who had Trash2 including people who'd already paid for them)
How and when did this come about? I owned Trash 2 before they started bundling them in but i don't recall being offered them later.

Of course everyone should buy the upgrade. They want their christmas bonus. :party: :hihi:

Return to “Effects”