are there FREE vst FX that can transform TREBLES of a track into BASS ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thecontrolcentre wrote:
JerGoertz wrote: There was a plugin advertised on KVR not too long ago which might be able to do this kind of thing, but I forget its name.
Oh yeah ... I totally forgot about that one too.
Yes, i remember it, too. It was sounding rather good from the YT videos i had seen.
It had a grey, somewhat metallic interface, but i can't remember the name either.

foosnark wrote:Image

:lol:
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

OBYONETAOPY wrote:Do you know of any vst fx (free or little expensive) that can transform all trebles of a music track into bass ??? (possibly without too much changing the original mix done)
Define which part of this 'music track' are in fact 'treble' and that you need made into bass. In itself, this isn't any reality to this as a question. When you have an actual meaningful question, you'll likely get some help here. Also, if you knew a little bit about the matter before leaping into it and demanding people on the 'net do this all for you, that would be good. But this question wouldn't be here in that case.

"Treble" isn't defined, nor is 'music track'. In context, seeing your other query, one supposes you want to input an audio file and you want magical sort of results. What you're not going to see is to simply tell the software 'treble' and it reads your mind. I'm not sure you have actual thoughts to read here, though. Even if the terms were more meaningful... no, there probably isn't anything that will isolate an area of frequencies and transform this into a whole other area of the spectrum inside the same file. This would have to pretty much affect the mix drastically; if you understood some basics, this would be clear enough I think. And there's probably some overlap 'treble' to 'bass'. (Take your audio file and look at it in a spectrum analyzer.) Tuba vs flute was mentioned, harmonics. A bass note on an electric guitar may generate all kind of problems of definition. But you'll have to do some study to know what that is! You want a magic trick & one that is ill-defined. There will be methods to approach this kind of thing, but you'll have to obtain a better understanding of music and of sound.

JerGoertz wrote:Wouldn't it be cool if there were software that could, for example, transform the high-pitched noises of a Cricket or a Grandmotherly old woman into the deep, low-pitched rumble of a Grizzly bear or even mythical monsters (e.g. trolls, etc.)?
Its called Dehumaniser, and comes in Lite, Pro and Extended versions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnYXYCXNxmc
jancivil wrote:I'm not sure you have actual thoughts to read here, though.
With this software, the OP could just translate his posts into different snarly sounds...
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

The dilettante rampage continues, what's next?

Successful ______is vaguely successful.

Like I said before...learn how to transpose your stuff...I know, I said transcribe but it is transposing I was talkin' 'bout. :dog:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

This is KVR. We love our mythical monsters and tend to coddle them.
samsam wrote:Successful ______is vaguely successful.
A well-behaved signature.

Dude, people do tease eachother here. All knowledge and feedback you´ll get is free, so there´s no money that you´ve wasted on bad service. If you don´t cope well with people that are being a bit funny, or at least trying to be, and especially if you state: YES I CAN, BUT THIS WAS NOT FUNNY!, then a free forum with volunteers is not the right place for you. Then better pay a consultant to do the research for you, and ask him to filter out all time wasting jokes given to him in the place where he asked.

Allright, enough being said about that: I´d actually be curious too about how that sounds:

Shifting all content from for instance 7k to 14k Hz down by 7000 Hz. I think a pitch shifter operates in sample blocks that are played faster and slower depending on whether if you want to pitch up or down, and not like this, but I may be wrong.
It may not sound good at all, but is worth trying. Is that what you mean? In fact I think I tried programming it in assembler on my Amiga 25 years ago, but all memories about if I did and what the result would be are gone.

Best Regards

Roman Empire

I propose several alternative options. Some options may be randomly naively made up, therefore intrinsically more valid than any other. Randomly choose which alternative you think has best chaos, john cage, havoc, wooooo.

1. Phase invert the audio, turning it upside down. If its upside down, the treble becomes bass and vice versa.
2. Find an EQ with a 'mirror' button. This will reflect all frequencies about the centre point.
3. Resample the audio at, say, 6Khz, with no antialiasing, for Nyquist mirroring of the high frequencies into the low frequency range.
4. Convert the audiofile to an image. Rotate the image 180 degrees (in a bitmap editor?), then convert back to an audiofile.
5. Phase vocode your audio with 'All About That Bass' by Meghan Trainor
6. Play your audio approximately 200m underwater. The density of the water at that depth will slow the transmission of audio vibrations into the bass end of the audio spectrum.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Yeah - wow - this guy takes his art rather seriously!

With that in mind, my suggestion would be to
- import your track into an audio to midi convertor (polyphonic melodyne is good enough if you have it, I think logic has this function as well but not polyphonic),
- export it as a midi file,
- dump it in your DAW and
- mirror the midi data from it's mid point. InsertPixHere has collection of midi plugs including the one for this exercise midiInvertNotes

OR
the classic FFT solution, feed the file into SpectrumWorx2, select the Phlip module from the Phase tools - this will flip the phase of all FFT windows and literally 'turn the notes upside-down'

You have been provided with a number of solutions to your question - I'd be interested to find out which method you choose.
Don't be afraid to post back! There's a lot of mockery on KVR so try not be put off by those folks who attack you, even those softly-softly ones are unnecessary but they're not something from which we can easily escape. Best advice is don't rise to it - look for the information you require, thank you politely and carry on with your work.

Lol @ the question
:borg:

Trying to interpret your question as written I'd say selecting treble by high range of a crossover filter or an eq with bass cut, and follow this with some kind of pitch transposer would be close. All should be easy to find as vst.

Editor version of melodyne might be more what you're after in reality but it's not vst.

(This doesn't take into consideration your request to not impact the mix. You kind of can't change the mix without changing the mix)

zynaptiq pitchmap
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Sampleconstruct wrote:what's next?
can i haz phat beatz ??

Return to “Effects”