MTransformer, an extremely powerful spectrum transformation plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MTransformer

Sure it can go completely nuts, but what actually sold me is how fantastic it is if you keep it reigned in. I expect I'll use it a lot just for formant shifting, chorus-like detuning and modulation, and layering in octaves/fifths.

Some kind of transient preservation would be great -- I kind of want to avoid getting extreme with the processing on percussive material, otherwise.

Melda, you did a great job with this powerful spectral effect and you now cover a hole that was missing in your arsenals : a real spectral audio mangler, in the same league of the GRM Tools, the Michael Norris spectral plugins, etc.

Well done!

If MTransformer can transform any frequency to any other frequency.

Why can't the target frequencies be quantized to the frequencies found in a scala .tun file or .scl file?

Thank you folks! :love:

Jedinhopy: That's a big overkill, sorry. I personally tried just quantizing onto normal tuning frequencies and the results weren't very interesting at all I'm afraid. I'll check again though...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote:Thank you folks! :love:

Jedinhopy: That's a big overkill, sorry. I personally tried just quantizing onto normal tuning frequencies and the results weren't very interesting at all I'm afraid. I'll check again though...
You could try to only quantize the loudest audible frequencies based on threshold gating between which frequencies to change and which frequencies to remain unprocessed.

Likewise quantizing only the frequencies between 116hz and 5600hz

And then be able to jump between original frequencies into edited frequencies as fast the amplitudes crosses a threshold. And then smooth the jumping transition.

------------------------------------------------------

And to be able to preserve original frequencies deviations.
Subtract the original frequencies with output of the quantize effect.
And then combine it with the output of the quantize effect.

The deviations of the frequencies can now be decreased or increased separately from the quantized frequencies.

Less spectacular, yet interesting:

English horn phrases from my composition Immanenz processed with Melda's MTransform, the breathing noises create some strange artifacts, but actually I quite like them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3JTv_LmAz8

Cracking stuff :tu:

This super effect is also a natural for modulating with the envelope follower - modulating the amount and quality of the transformation by the signal envelope can lead to some really organic - yet freaky - sounds.
Textur for ACE
After Hours for Lounge Lizard EP-4
Prism Sticks for Chromaphone 2

Love the plugin, but hate the install procedure (for just trying one plugin) :neutral:
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

It gets better if you have several.

aMUSEd wrote:It gets better if you have several.
LOL.

coincidental wrote:Cracking stuff :tu:

This super effect is also a natural for modulating with the envelope follower - modulating the amount and quality of the transformation by the signal envelope can lead to some really organic - yet freaky - sounds.
Thank's - good call, haven't tried that yet.

aMUSEd wrote:It gets better if you have several.
I'm sure it does :)

But still.. copy one dll and a keyfile to a directory ftw :D
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Just wanted to add my thanks for this awesome new addition to the Creative Bundle. It has be become one of my very best ITB investments. Cheers!!!

Hey Vojtech
Is it not possible to assign midi controllers to the ABCD Morphing?
It is not recognized with the configure mode in Ableton Live 9.
Would be great if this was possible.

Soarer wrote:Hey Vojtech
Is it not possible to assign midi controllers to the ABCD Morphing?
It is not recognized with the configure mode in Ableton Live 9.
Would be great if this was possible.
I'm afraid it cannot be possible, many technical reasons. But check multiparameters & banks mode ;).There ashall be a video tutorial soon ;)
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “Effects”