TBProAudio: gEQ12 - Graphic 12 Band Mixing and Mastering Equalizer Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
gEQ12V4

ok i just wanted to verify it's not a bug but like that by design, which seems to be the case. Thanks for clarifying.

Look it's a very good EQ, definitely one of the best EQ plugins around. In that top 5 category for sure. Equilibrium, ProQ2, Acon Equalise, TB Pro Audio Geq12, are overall the best all around PEQ/GEQ plugins I have tried the last decade. You definitely have something top shelf here.

The one that has me curious, as i already have the acon EQ, is the gain rider. I still don't have a good gain rider. I remember when yours first came out and the demo was severely crippled and i just gave up trying it. is there a proper demo now?

also maybe you can consider colours for the EQ.. the red is a bit much IMO, let it be up the user.. no need for fancy skins, but perhaps just some other colour choices, kind of like what voxengo does.

Also I have to say.. what is it with me and you being the only two people talking in this topic? Voxengo releases a new EQ same time, yours is so much more powerful, and yet he gets multiple pages of chat and buzz already.

Your webpage really seems to have some interesting products.

How far away is the AAX? that's when i will look at euphonia and gain rider, and impress, which looks like a very versatile compressor.

Your limiter is pretty decent too, i got very good results out of it. Not enough to sway me away from ozone 7, but it's a good product.

You obviously know your craft very well.

I also see you have 2 fantastic free products as well, a comprehensive meter and a tilt EQ (love tilt EQ's)

Thank you!

TheoM wrote:How far away is the AAX?
AAX is very close. You need to go through some verification process with Avid...

TheoM wrote:ok i just wanted to verify it's not a bug but like that by design, which seems to be the case. Thanks for clarifying.

Look it's a very good EQ, definitely one of the best EQ plugins around. In that top 5 category for sure. Equilibrium, ProQ2, Acon Equalise, TB Pro Audio Geq12, are overall the best all around PEQ/GEQ plugins I have tried the last decade. You definitely have something top shelf here.
Thank you!
TheoM wrote:The one that has me curious, as i already have the acon EQ, is the gain rider. I still don't have a good gain rider. I remember when yours first came out and the demo was severely crippled and i just gave up trying it. is there a proper demo now?
Expect new demo system for GainRider very soon. Thank you for your reminder :)
TheoM wrote:also maybe you can consider colours for the EQ.. the red is a bit much IMO, let it be up the user.. no need for fancy skins, but perhaps just some other colour choices, kind of like what voxengo does.
We we will think about less red colour, "skinning" is definitively on our to-do list.

TheoM wrote:The latency reporting is broken in the AU. I put it in low latency mode, it has the 41ms latency. I put it back into zero latency mode, it doesn't adjust.
It seems that dynamic latency change is not possible with AU. If you change the plugin latency you need stop and restart playback, new latency is then recognized by the DAW. :scared:

TB-ProAudio wrote:
TheoM wrote:The latency reporting is broken in the AU. I put it in low latency mode, it has the 41ms latency. I put it back into zero latency mode, it doesn't adjust.
It seems that dynamic latency change is not possible with AU. If you change the plugin latency you need stop and restart playback, new latency is then recognized by the DAW. :scared:
yes that's how logic works. But logic doesn't display latency so i was checking the latency of the au as ableton shows you in samples and ms.

I am using ozone and other dynamic latency AU's in live right now and they report the latency change during playback. It's only logic where you have to press stop and start - i don't think it's an AU limitation itself.

TheoM wrote:
TB-ProAudio wrote:
yes that's how logic works. But logic doesn't display latency so i was checking the latency of the au as ableton shows you in samples and ms.

I am using ozone and other dynamic latency AU's in live right now and they report the latency change during playback. It's only logic where you have to press stop and start - i don't think it's an AU limitation itself.
Reaper the same

TB-ProAudio wrote:
TheoM wrote:The one that has me curious, as i already have the acon EQ, is the gain rider. I still don't have a good gain rider. I remember when yours first came out and the demo was severely crippled and i just gave up trying it. is there a proper demo now?
Expect new demo system for GainRider very soon. Thank you for your reminder :)
New GainRider (1.9.4) demo is now on-line, fully functional, stops after 90 secs, can be rearmed.

Found a bug
Oversampling does not report latency correctly. It seems to get quite a bit larger. Was using max LP mode with 2x at 96khz host SR.

CPU use is really good on this EQ. Lot's of filter options too. When using LP mode, the controls feel sluggish, but adjusting the bands in zero latency mode then switching back to LP works fine. Things I don't like are how tall the filter gain plot is, goes to 96dB in each direction and isn't really useful. Smallest division of gain plot is 6dB, too large IMO. And the spectrum display only reaches to 20khz, while the filters work at 48khz.

camsr wrote:Found a bug
Oversampling does not report latency correctly. It seems to get quite a bit larger. Was using max LP mode with 2x at 96khz host SR.
Works here wo any problem: Studio One 3 V3.1.0 :scared:

TB-ProAudio wrote:
camsr wrote:Found a bug
Works here wo any problem: Studio One 3 V3.1.0 :scared:
Maybe I was wrong, was hustling about with it earlier and I thought something was out of sync. Worth double checking though.

The allpass filter in linear phase mode, I can't figure out what it's doing. Is it acting as some kind of resonator? It has effect but it's very small.

camsr wrote:The allpass filter in linear phase mode, I can't figure out what it's doing. Is it acting as some kind of resonator? It has effect but it's very small.
No use, because in LP there is no phase.

TheoM wrote:Thanks for your detailed replied.. What about the spectrum not "moving"?
Hi TheoM,

i missed this on Friday:
By default spectrum average is on. If you want so see "moving" spectrum just switch pre/post to "live".

Return to “Effects”