Amazing new way to conserve CPU usage of your effects plugins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AGENT

nyrvsystems wrote:oddly enough a vertical slider was created for the original design. The grid size just didnt lend itself to sliders in my opinion. the slider range was so small that I didnt like it. Might have been a mistake but it was my call. Thinking of having it make a comeback in v2 along with the ability to create multi grid section controls. So a slider that extends over more than 1 grid section.

we'll see...
That would be awesome! :tu:
Last edited by AC222 on Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

AC222 wrote:
TheoM wrote:AC222 I think you need to check out Blue cat MB-7 also.
Thanks Theo! Looks interesting. Though one of the things that appeals to me about the nryv system is that you can create a custom strip with specific parameters from different plugins you use and place them all in one space so it looks just like a custom built channels trip as opposed to a chain of different plugins.

though you can split any signal into 7 bands with mb-7 and put lots of different plugins PER band.

You also got to check out the very comprehensive midi implementation of that thing and rock solid stability.

NYRV looks interesting too sure, and your point above is a good one. I will check it out myself.

But no instrument version is a bummer to me. I think I am going to get patchworx instead, and i already have ddmf metaplugin (which can go into patchworx and vice versa). Patchworx can do true parallel processing for any daw for any effect, inc UAD ones, so it is a very special product IMO.

bungle wrote:Nyrv is pronounced nerve. I presume conversation is pronounced conservation ;)
"en français dans le texte" , somewhere perhaps, or does this "conversation" makes you feel a bit nyrvous ?

:P

:cry:
Mushy Mushy wrote:Man o man, you guys are a tough crowd. I'd hate to release something and then promote it here.

I'm not saying you guys don't know your sh!t, because you obviously do. I'm just saying give the guy a break.

If you're cynical, and it's right to be so, try it for yourselves first and then question. The guy has, or will, posts some examples of this working so unless he's completely lying (which I doubt) he has a viable useful product. Let him be proud of it and show it off.

OP, I look forward to your video. I for one am quite interested in this.
Yes, this p*ss me off as well but what guys you are talking as i can only see one constantly doing this here?

Also for people who think they have knowledge one can at least except they running a demo before start to talk something bad.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

^^^
+1
As for the performance improvements hotly debated earlier, downloading the demo and trying out one or two of your heavy-duty projects would provide useful feedback to NYRV Systems on a variety of system set-ups / plug-in combinations that it could not possibly try itself.

Meanwhile:
-- what are the demo restrictions?
-- what are the payment methods?
-- what changes will the Licence Manager make to my system? (Does it ONLY store the licence, or does it make any other changes too? If so, what?)

+1 for sliders too, in a 1x2 or 2x1 grid position, to start with.
Last edited by DarkStar on Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Hi Nyrv,

Is Agent knobs automatable within DAW?

Can you assign two or more parameters to the same knob (with varying ranges as described in your first Tips&Tricks video)?

Thanks

nyrvsystems wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:1) How does the saver Agent affect to the latency/latencies?

2) The video demo didn't present how easy/difficult the handling of the plugins are since those are loaded to the saver Agent? You have to click at least 2 more times to get making changes to the plugin settings, each time?
AGENT does not add any latency to the processing. We also have latency compensation and a manual override of latency.

This particular video is only showing loaded plugins for testing purposes. The full power of AGENT is in building a customized virtual control surface for all those plugins. check out some of the other videos to see some of that in action. Computer music magazine did a great demo of the free version of the software we provided them. https://youtu.be/fFKV8YVLHqU
But isnt there correlation between the CPU and the latency,or are the totally two separate parameters? If not, reduced CPU should help also decrease latency overload - you usually increase the latency to gain CPU.

Therefore your reply "no, the Agent doesnt INCREASE the latency" was a bit contradictory -?

If there's a mistake in the above deduction, please enlight.

Contour wrote:Hi Nyrv,

Is Agent knobs automatable within DAW?

Can you assign two or more parameters to the same knob (with varying ranges as described in your first Tips&Tricks video)?

Thanks
Yes, Every parameter mapped to agents control grid is automatable in the DAW.

We have not completed the implementation of multi parameter knobs/controls at this point.

[
Contour wrote:ut isnt there correlation between the CPU and the latency,or are the totally two separate parameters? If not, reduced CPU should help also decrease latency overload - you usually increase the latency to gain CPU.

Therefore your reply "no, the Agent doesnt INCREASE the latency" was a bit contradictory -?

Latency as we are discussing it is the process whereby a plugin holds a sample while processing it. You see it in reverbs and delays pretty extensively. The samples are held, processed and then released out the other end. AGENT does not hold any samples on it's own.

Also, there seems to be some confusion I think that we are claiming that AGENT will reduce the CPU required from an active plugin while it is processing audio... This is of course not the case. There would actually be some small increase in CPU usage from AGENT as well in this case. However, AGENT actively manages which plugins are occupying CPU resources. This is the reason I did my demo's with empty tracks to show that AGENT will relieve your CPU of burden that it would otherwise be processing.
DarkStar wrote:^^^
+1
As for the performance improvements hotly debated earlier, downloading the demo and trying out one or two of your heavy-duty projects would provide useful feedback to NYRV Systems on a variety of system set-ups / plug-in combinations that it could not possibly try itself.

Meanwhile:
-- what are the demo restrictions?
-- what are the payment methods?
-- what changes will the Licence Manager make to my system? (Does it ONLY store the licence, or does it make any other changes too? If so, what?)

+1 for sliders too, in a 1x2 or 2x1 grid position, to start with.
Demo is only restricted by the number of days it lasts.
Paypal is the only current payment method we are able to accept
the license manager installs as an application but won't change anything else in your system configuration.

nyrvsystems wrote:
[
Contour wrote:ut isnt there correlation between the CPU and the latency,or are the totally two separate parameters? If not, reduced CPU should help also decrease latency overload - you usually increase the latency to gain CPU.

Latency as we are discussing it is the process whereby a plugin holds a sample while processing it. You see it in reverbs and delays pretty extensively. The samples are held, processed and then released out the other end. AGENT does not hold any samples on it's own.

Also, there seems to be some confusion I think that we are claiming that AGENT will reduce the CPU required from an active plugin while it is processing audio... This is of course not the case. There would actually be some small increase in CPU usage from AGENT as well in this case. However, AGENT actively manages which plugins are occupying CPU resources. This is the reason I did my demo's with empty tracks to show that AGENT will relieve your CPU of burden that it would otherwise be processing.
I think we got that, the Agent optimizes the allocation of the CPU. But shouldn't this lead to the decreasing of the necessary latency? Sorry if I harp on this, but if the Agent is taming the CPU peaks, we should be able to run the sequencer with a shorter latency.

to the extent that you are having issues with your system because of excessive CPU load then it is very possible that AGENT will improve this situation. The degree to which your project is not processing on every track all the time this benefit will be greater or lesser.

I think this thing is very promising...no mater what. This is something that
has made me this excited in a long time...since Diva.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

Thanks a ton Basari! We are really excited about it as well. I finally completed the video content but need to have my team complete the formal release. we'll have a couple more examples to show.

Hello Jeff,

interesting concept. To break it down:
This is a plugin that
- deactivates plugins on idle so they don't eat any CPU when they are inactive
- offers its on proprietary expansions e.g. EQ, compressors and more in the future
- can create user defined control surfaces for all plugin parameters used within the AGENT chain
- chains VST-fx even in parallel mode
- costs 99$ as intro price and 249 as final

Please correct me if I'm totally wrong here.

Now before downloading the demo version there are some questions:
- Do I have to map parameters in chained VST-fx to Agent for DAW automation? Or are the parameters also sent to the DAW without adding them to the control surface?
- How does your license manager work? Do you use your own challenge response system or other available copy protection systems on the market?
- Can the 64bit version host 32bit plugins (act as a bridge)? This would be a huge plus.
- Are multiple outputs and external sidechaining supported?

TheKid wrote:Hello Jeff,

interesting concept. To break it down:
This is a plugin that
- deactivates plugins on idle so they don't eat any CPU when they are inactive
- offers its on proprietary expansions e.g. EQ, compressors and more in the future
- can create user defined control surfaces for all plugin parameters used within the AGENT chain
- chains VST-fx even in parallel mode
- costs 99$ as intro price and 249 as final

Please correct me if I'm totally wrong here.

Now before downloading the demo version there are some questions:
- Do I have to map parameters in chained VST-fx to Agent for DAW automation? Or are the parameters also sent to the DAW without adding them to the control surface?
- How does your license manager work? Do you use your own challenge response system or other available copy protection systems on the market?
- Can the 64bit version host 32bit plugins (act as a bridge)? This would be a huge plus.
- Are multiple outputs and external sidechaining supported?
Nailed the plugin
parallel mode will come in v1.3 and isnt available in the current 1.2. we are fixing a couple bugs we found which means a couple more days till the 1.3 release.

every parameter loaded onto the control grid + a bunch of agent parameters are available for automation regardless of what you do with a control surface

License manager isnt challenge response. just purchase and you will get a registration code deposited on your account.

No. we dont do any 32bit bridging at this stage.

We currently only support stereo out and do not support side chain.

thanks

Jeff

Got to say the intro offer is nudging me to demo and take it for a whirl. The automation assignments appeal and future multi-parameter spanning several plugins with a single control, allowing for a variant of different ratios would be particularly interesting.
Next step would be a product that could capture each setting as an impulse :) but that's another hornets nest..

A couple of questions :

Does Nryv VST3 allow hosting of both vst2 and 3 simultaneously?
EDIT - Just noted no sidechain insert in vST3 agent.(If the VST3 will host a vst2 plugin, will this enable the vst2's sidechain function within the vst3. Ie removing the need for quadro sidechain work-around in Cubase? )

Without rereading the whole thread, are you intending for Nryv to host VSTi's or will that be a different product?

Is there a quick bypass button in the Agent rack when puttin effects in a slot (quick bypass).
Also Softubes Mutronics vst3 appears to load but not function in any slots.

Thanks

Return to “Effects”