Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New What is KVR? Submit News Advertise
TB-ProAudio
KVRist

288 posts since 15 May, 2014, from Germany

Postby TB-ProAudio; Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:58 am TBProAudio: dEQ6 - 6 Band Dynamic Equalizer Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

TBProAudio announces dEQ6, a 6 band stereo/MS dynamic equalizer with high quality oversampling and accurate spectrum analyzer.

dEQ6 offers following features:
  • 6 independent filter + compressor/expander
  • 3 filter types, analogue design, minimal phase, zero delay
  • many comfort functions to setup multiple bands
  • stereo/MS processing
  • side chain support
  • sample rates up to 192 kHz
  • "real" over sampling, up to 4x
  • hi-res spectrum analyzer with 32k FFT, ISO R40 based
  • pre/post-EQ, average/live spectrum, stereo/left/right/mid/side
  • narrow-band sweeping mode
  • spectrum freeze mode
  • very easy alignment of filter response curve to audio spectrum
  • precise parameter input
  • large and easy to use GUI
  • interactive spectrum/EQ display
  • 64-bit internal processing
  • very efficient CPU usage design

System Requirements:
  • Windows XP or newer
  • Mac OS X 10.5 or newer
  • Win: 32/64 Bit VST, 32/64 Bit VST3, 32 Bit RTAS, 32/64 Bit AAX
  • OS X: 32/64 Bit VST, 32/64 Bit VST3, 32/64 Bit AU, 32 Bit RTAS, 32/64 Bit AAX
  • Tested with: Cockos Reaper, Steinberg Cubase/Nuendo/Wavelab 6/7/8, ProTools 10/12

Demo version available

Price: 59€
ObsoleteAcc99
Banned

Postby ObsoleteAcc99; Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:21 am Re: TBProAudio: dEQ6 - 6 Band Dynamic Equalizer Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

wow wow wow a new dynamic EQ~!

I had my sights on mcdsp active EQ as that's the only one that has all the features i actually need (not even ozone does).

The thing is with TB, you listen to the customers/requests..

so i will ask some questions now as these are the two things I love about mcdsp that no others can do (one bad thing about mcdsp are there are only 4 bands and no shelves, only bells).

- Can you sidechain into a specific eq band?

- can you solo the band.. this is critical for me and why i love the mcdsp so much. You can listen to just exactly the frequency you are focusing on.
sinkmusic
KVRAF

5974 posts since 28 Apr, 2004, from france

Postby sinkmusic; Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:50 am Re: TBProAudio: dEQ6 - 6 Band Dynamic Equalizer Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

Nice, your GUIs are really getting better imho. Congratulations for the release !
The comfort functions are very handy.

A couple questions :
- Can it do both upward and downward expansion ?
- Is there any latency ?
sinkmusic
KVRAF

Postby sinkmusic; Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:54 am Re: TBProAudio: dEQ6 - 6 Band Dynamic Equalizer Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

... replying my own question by reading the PDF manual :

- Can it do both upward and downward expansion ?
Ratio
Controls the compression ratio above threshold from 0.5 - 50.0 in 0.1 steps
Values above 1.0 compress the signal, values below expand the signal

So the answer is obviously "yes" ;)

- Is there any latency ?
3 filter types, analogue design, minimal phase, zero delay/zero latency

.. and the answer is "no" :D
TB-ProAudio
KVRist

Postby TB-ProAudio; Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:07 am Re: TBProAudio: dEQ6 - 6 Band Dynamic Equalizer Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

TheoM wrote: - Can you sidechain into a specific eq band?

Not now, i have to check what we can do here...

TheoM wrote:- can you solo the band.. this is critical for me and why i love the mcdsp so much. You can listen to just exactly the frequency you are focusing on.

Not now, but this should not be a big issue, thank you :wink:
ObsoleteAcc99
Banned

Postby ObsoleteAcc99; Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:36 am Re: TBProAudio: dEQ6 - 6 Band Dynamic Equalizer Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

TB-ProAudio wrote:
TheoM wrote: - Can you sidechain into a specific eq band?

Not now, i have to check what we can do here...

TheoM wrote:- can you solo the band.. this is critical for me and why i love the mcdsp so much. You can listen to just exactly the frequency you are focusing on.

Not now, but this should not be a big issue, thank you :wink:

That's what I love about you that you are always receptive to listening. :)

May i suggest you check out the demo of MCDSP AE400 Active EQ?

It is widely considered the most "organic" easy to use, best results dynamic EQ plugin. I often read no matter what other dynamic EQ people try, they always go back to the McDSP.

I must admit i was on the cusp of buying it as it's that good, and when they do specials i can get it for a similar price as your product from a reseller.

BUT...

now yours has come along and i'm fascinated.

If you an get it to feel as fluid and the features of AE400, of course i will choose yours.

You already have one advantage in two extra bands and shelves. Well two advantages.

Also you have a spectrum analyser

But in actual use so far i still prefer the MCDSP sorry :(
TB-ProAudio
KVRist

Postby TB-ProAudio; Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:36 pm Re: TBProAudio: dEQ6 - 6 Band Dynamic Equalizer Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

TheoM wrote:It is widely considered the most "organic" easy to use, best results dynamic EQ plugin.

Maybe you want to find out how dEQ6 stands towards the others, of course except band solo and individual band side chaining?
Thank you.
ObsoleteAcc99
Banned

Postby ObsoleteAcc99; Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:37 am Re: TBProAudio: dEQ6 - 6 Band Dynamic Equalizer Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

As I said, for me the way mcdsp works and feels is still the king. I'm trying them side by side now.

I can't speak for others but hopefully they will step in and tell you what they like and don't like :)
TB-ProAudio
KVRist

Postby TB-ProAudio; Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:00 am Re: TBProAudio: dEQ6 - 6 Band Dynamic Equalizer Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

Band solo and side-chain per channel is ready, and under QS now.
You will see it soon :-)
Twrogstudio
KVRist

391 posts since 30 Oct, 2014

Postby Twrogstudio; Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:37 am Re: TBProAudio: dEQ6 - 6 Band Dynamic Equalizer Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

Really good plugin. Comparing to AE, Hofa and Melda now, but it's looking good so far.

Only criticism after light use is that I don't like the analyser, no biggie though, I know I can turn it off.
TB-ProAudio
KVRist

Postby TB-ProAudio; Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:41 am Re: TBProAudio: dEQ6 - 6 Band Dynamic Equalizer Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

Twrogstudio wrote:Only criticism after light use is that I don't like the analyser, no biggie though, I know I can turn it off.

Thank you. Pls let me know what you dislike.
sinkmusic
KVRAF

Postby sinkmusic; Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:09 am Re: TBProAudio: dEQ6 - 6 Band Dynamic Equalizer Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

Maybe the analyzer section is a bit crowded : having many informations at once can be handy, but it can also make me lost. Maybe it could be somewhat streamlined a bit ?
Also, the curve display might be a bit smoother, "curvy-er" ?
Imho, it's the crossover bands which might be bit too much. I also wish we could optionnally disable the grids sometimes.
Fabfilter dispalys are top notch imho, for instance.
(just my 0.2$)
TB-ProAudio
KVRist

Postby TB-ProAudio; Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:14 pm Re: TBProAudio: dEQ6 - 6 Band Dynamic Equalizer Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

Update to 1.1.0:
(Warning: Please remove and insert again all dEQ6 instances
from your projects as parameter count has changed!)
- Some bug fixes
- Mouse sensitivity adjusted
- Solo Band
- SideChain per Band
TB-ProAudio
KVRist

Postby TB-ProAudio; Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:25 pm Re: TBProAudio: dEQ6 - 6 Band Dynamic Equalizer Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

sinkmusic wrote:Maybe the analyzer section is a bit crowded : having many informations at once can be handy, but it can also make me lost. Maybe it could be somewhat streamlined a bit ?

Thanks for the feedback. What makes you lost? Analyzer has only 5 parameter to tweak the scope display (+5 buttons to switch off curves)...

sinkmusic wrote:Also, the curve display might be a bit smoother, "curvy-er" ?

Hmm, this is a very good point. Smoother curve display (more aliased) may required a "better" graphics engine, but this has some drawbacks:
- disruption of compatibility with older DAWs/OSs, we have clients are still on XP!
- "smoother" graphics costs more CPU.

sinkmusic wrote:Imho, it's the crossover bands which might be bit too much. I also wish we could optionnally disable the grids sometimes.

Thanks for this, we will consider this.
jens
KVRAF

18124 posts since 12 Jul, 2003, from West Caprazumia

Postby jens; Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:47 am Re: TBProAudio: dEQ6 - 6 Band Dynamic Equalizer Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

TheoM wrote:
May i suggest you check out the demo of MCDSP AE400 Active EQ?

It is widely considered the most "organic" easy to use, best results dynamic EQ plugin. I often read no matter what other dynamic EQ people try, they always go back to the McDSP.

Link?

Sorry, Theo, but I think that is really not so nice from you. Fwiw I did a quick search on Gearslutz and couldn't find anything that would in any way support the claim you just made. Please speak for yourself. It's okay if you want a certain product to be more like another one, but maybe rather don't use the persuasive power of imagined unnamed countless others to support your individual, personal desire. :razz:
" It is a measurable fact. Not my opinion. And not even subtle. If you can't hear difference in tail between Valhalla and VSR reverb tail then again change your job dude." kmonkey
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects