Vst hosting and routing standalone app: alternative to Blue Cat Patchworks, Eareckon Bloxpander ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

aMUSEd wrote:
dformd wrote:
unguitar wrote:Wow, what an interesting collection of tools I didn't know about: MUX, Pedalboard, Metaplugin...

Now, a very important thing for me to consider is how reliable are their developers.
I've had troubles in the past with companies who've dropped developement/updates/assistance so it is important for me to check about this as well, before starting to invest my time into a new application that, in my case, will be the real core of my music making.
If you're referring to Audiomulch I feel your pain. Such a great app; so sad
Just got an update on Mac (compatibility stuff) so there is some life yet; still hoping for a 64 bit version with multicore processing.
Ooh! Thanks for mentioning the update; happy for ANY update! I still use it quite a bit, but there have been frusturating compatibility issues that have meant I couldn't use certain favourite plugins. The Metasurface is still brilliant stuff though!

Perhaps Ross is silently working away at a big update; say... version 3.

You could also check ImageLine's Minihost Modular. It's a very nice VST host and it's free.
Unfortunately, a lot of people complained that it's buggy (see here ) and its development is on hold for quite some time, but the guys at IL recently announced that Minihost will receive more attention in the near future.

More than buggy on Mac, more like unusable.

https://www.newsonicarts.com/html/freestyle.php

This new host seems promising.

No free routing yet, but it will be in 1.0

Return to “Effects”