TBProAudio releases dpMeter II - Free Digital Precision Meter Plugin including Loudness Matching

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
dpMeter 2

Update to 1.2.0
- Weighting Filter for pure RMS measurement (ITU BS1770, Leq(A), Leq(B), Leq(C), Leq(M))
- Ref Level extended to +/-120dB
- Preset TASA Leq(M) added

Thank you : ) Seems to be all working in FL Studio now too.

Update to 1.2.1:
- RMS Mode: M-Weighting Filter adjusted
- RMS Mode: Momentary RMS immediately available
- RMS Mode: LEQ(M) attenuates channel 4+5 by 3dB
- Preset TASA Leq(M) RMS window size changed to 3000ms

Thank you for continually improving this and offering it for free!

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

One suggestion: Instead of making the user choose where his x32 and x64 VST2 and VST3 files go, why not let him choose which plug-ins to install before he chooses the folders?

As I went through the installation routine, it appeared that dpMeter II was going to install several types of plug-ins--and it was not reading the information in the Windows Registry as to my defaults for any of them. I had to choose each one...only to find out (as I'd hoped) that I could disable the installation of 32-bit VSTs and anything else I didn't want.

But it was frustrating to worry that files I didn't want were going to be installed while I spent time pointing the installation path to where I would want it to go...so that I could then find it and delete it, if necessary.

This is a cool and useful utility, and I appreciate you giving it away while still supporting it. I just think it would be easier for the user if he didn't have to worry about what was going to be installed before he had to choose all the paths.

Thanks again!

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

planetearth wrote:--and it was not reading the information in the Windows Registry as to my defaults for any of them. I had to choose each one...
Thank you for this feedback.
I guess you are under Windows: dpMeter2 installer reads default plugin paths, if there is no previous installation.
We will check if there is any possibility to first select the plugin type and then ask for paths

TB-ProAudio wrote:
planetearth wrote:--and it was not reading the information in the Windows Registry as to my defaults for any of them. I had to choose each one...
I guess you are under Windows: dpMeter2 installer reads default plugin paths, if there is no previous installation.
We will check if there is any possibility to first select the plugin type and then ask for paths
That would be great! Thank you! :)

Steve

Update to V1.2.2
- GUI refresh
- Reset Button
- RMS Mode: Fixed crest readout for -INF IL
- RMS Mode: Integrated RMS immediately available
- Set Gain bug fixed
- FL Studio channel assignment fix removed
- Gain limited to channels according channel config

Does the loudness matching functionality match by peak or RMS levels? I read the manual and maybe I missed something but I'm still not clear.

I'm tracking vocals and A/B/Cing different microphones to see which works best for this vocalist / song and would like to quickly level match these so I'm not tricked by one being louder. However I dont want to match by peak as if a particular consonant pops out louder in one take vs another, it will make it so that track is softer. So if it matches by peak at -10db, then the track with the louder consonant will be softer for a majority of the performance. But if you use RMS I believe this means short peaks will not register as strongly? (I'm not an expert on RMS).
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads

LGK_Dude wrote:Does the loudness matching functionality match by peak or RMS levels? I read the manual and maybe I missed something but I'm still not clear.
dpMeter2 does not dynamic loudness matching. For this you may need i.a. GainRider2.
dpMeter2 could match the current readout of i.a. IL (click on the readout box) with given reference level by adjusting statically the gain.

I hope this helps.

planetearth wrote:
TB-ProAudio wrote:
That would be great! Thank you! :)

Steve
Thanks for the updates, guys! I use this on my master buss on all new projects now.

But I'd like to ask again if there's a way to have the installer choose the paths after you've chosen which versions you're going to install. Wading through 8 paths and setting them up just to turn some of them off on the next screen is time-consuming.

Maybe if you just mentioned that, on the next screen, we could turn off the versions we don't want so that we don't bother setting paths for them? At least then we'd know not to bother with 32-bit or AAX versions, or whatever.

Some VSTs don't allow you to turn off certain versions, so we're used to setting the paths for all the versions, just in case we don't get to disable some installers. But since you're offering that (and we appreciate it!), giving us the option to ignore some paths or at least letting us know we can turn off some versions on the next screen might make it easier.

I had the previous version installed (as you can see from my note above), but on my Windows 7 machine, the paths were still wrong for every version of the plug-in when I went to install this update.

Thanks again for the plug-in, though--it's very helpful!

Steve

planetearth wrote: But I'd like to ask again if there's a way to have the installer choose the paths after you've chosen which versions you're going to install. Wading through 8 paths and setting them up just to turn some of them off on the next screen is time-consuming.
Oh, I'm very sorry, we simply missed this. We will take care.

TB-ProAudio wrote:
planetearth wrote: But I'd like to ask again if there's a way to have the installer choose the paths after you've chosen which versions you're going to install. Wading through 8 paths and setting them up just to turn some of them off on the next screen is time-consuming.
Oh, I'm very sorry, we simply missed this. We will take care.
Thank you. I don't mean to be a pest, but I'll bet others would find that helpful, too.

Of course, if I'm the only one, feel free to ignore it!:wink:

Steve

So, i had a look into the setup sources, and it seems that the paths needs to be set before component selection (vst2,vst3, x64,x32) can be done. I will investigate this further, maybe someone from the inno setup community has an idea...

TB-ProAudio wrote:So, i had a look into the setup sources, and it seems that the paths needs to be set before component selection (vst2,vst3, x64,x32) can be done. I will investigate this further, maybe someone from the inno setup community has an idea...
What about just adding some text on the path screen that says the user will be able to disable any versions he doesn't want on the next screen? At least with that, he won't feel he has to set all the VST-related paths.

And that way, you don't have to change any code.

Steve

Return to “Effects”