Plugin alliance Brainworks pedals for $19 each

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Klinke1 wrote:The activation costs me some colored hairs everytime..
what is the copy protection?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

How do these compare to, say, Guitar Rig modules?

MogwaiBoy wrote:How do these compare to, say, Guitar Rig modules?
Don't know. Download the trials and see for yourself. If you end up buying them, then all you'll have to do is login to the plugins to activate them.

How good is the chorus?
A well-behaved signature.

JerGoertz wrote:How good is the chorus?
I don't use chorus often, but it's really good. It blends very well, as opposed to how some vst effects are overdone/fake sounding.

The Chorus sounds like a good, simple analog emulation. I used to have one of those Boss Chorus guitar pedals.. instant 80's :D

Sale price puts it under Audio Damage etc too

Have they actually meticulously digitally modelled each component in the original circuits? Knowing Brainworx, I'm guessing yes.

JerGoertz wrote:How good is the chorus?
I just got it and sounds great on guitar. It's not too thick, kinda bright, totally does that 80's guitar chorus thing right out of the box. Note: it bleeds some volume (an output control to compensate would have been nice), but they added a mix knob if you want a thicker chorusing. If you want a thick chorus for synths, you'd be better off looking at TAL Chorus, but this is perfect for electric guitars IMO.

electro wrote:
It sounds easy: You are supposed to load the plug-in in a DAW -> open it there + log-in from there and it should work. ..But it never gets any connection when i do it, so i have to take the offline route.
It is horror: Your machine needs an ID (registered on website).
Then you generate an activation file in the open plug-in window, which then is uploaded to the website..then it is activated..but just one.
(Sorry for late reply)

edit: typo/more clear
Last edited by Klinke1 on Sun May 15, 2016 8:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
- WonderEcho -

Strange... never had any problems with activating PA plugins. Just opened one plugin, logged in, and all the other plugins were automatically activated. Yeah, it seems I'm a lucky bastard :-)

Think I'll pass. The quality of the presets in EZMix2 is really good these days.

This one pack alone has great variety and tone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ai_PBrSTX4

Authorization is never any hassle. CPU is lite etc.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Activation of Plugin Alliance plugins seems simple enough to me.
Never had any issues :shrug:

It's not 100% reliable for me.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Klinke1 wrote:
electro wrote:
It sounds easy: You are supposed to load the plug-in in a DAW -> open it there + log-in from there and it should work. ..But it never gets any connection when i do it, so i have to take the offline route.
It is horror: Your machine needs an ID (registered on website).
Then you generate an activation file in the open plug-in window, which then is uploaded to the website..then it is activated..but just one.
(Sorry for late reply)

edit: typo/more clear
I've noticed that some DAWs (digital performer) don't work with the authorization. I have to switch to Cubase to do it.

Could it be your antivirus or firewall detecting/blocking the plugin from dialing out?

MogwaiBoy wrote:Could it be your antivirus or firewall detecting/blocking the plugin from dialing out?
It's possible. But I just think it's odd that it only fails to authorize in MOTU.

Return to “Effects”