Good vst compressor for fattening up basses?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys, any recommendations for compressor plugins that are good for bass processing? I made a deep bass in the the moog and am trying to fatten it up a bit.

Thanks

- DC

Native Instruments Supercharger GT
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a shot!

Waves gave away RBass a while ago. I don't know if you can still get it for free, but it's worth it if you can.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

good old audiodamage roughrider

interesting.. i was just looking around for info on this. i can say +1 on the pSP and roughrider ( although the later really can get into some distortion territory. the psp is far more subtle but noticeable.. anyway, will check out the freenbie...

planetearth wrote:Waves gave away RBass a while ago. I don't know if you can still get it for free, but it's worth it if you can.

Steve
Definitely a good suggestion. :tu:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

planetearth wrote:Waves gave away RBass a while ago. I don't know if you can still get it for free, but it's worth it if you can.

Steve
Its not a compressor, as OP wished.

Harry_HH wrote:

Steve
But, it does fatten bass, as the OP wished.

I like Soundtoys Devil-Loc + Decapitator.

cryophonik wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:

Steve
Yeah, or you can tweak the Eq, and/or volume knob, or doubler, or harmonic distortion, or
ADT, or amp simulation, or ...

Harry_HH wrote:
cryophonik wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:

Steve
Yeah, or you can tweak the Eq, and/or volume knob, or doubler, or harmonic distortion, or
ADT, or amp simulation, or ...
Yeah, I was thinking you could sneak in a light chorus also.

NightShine or ThrillMe will do.

everything Klanghelm - seriously
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Effects”