Filter Q knob: shape changed
Comp: MakeUpGain added
Comp: Mix added

TB-ProAudio wrote:Comp: MakeUpGain added
Comp: Mix added
:clap: :clap:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
:clap: :clap:

Great job on the makeup and mix knob in the comp section, still works well with the GUI, good solution! :tu:
TB-ProAudio wrote:
fese wrote:Testing the current demo of CS-3301, seems like a nice channel strip, but i found a bug with my (yes, quite old) Cubase 6.5: every time i engage the oversampling button, Cubase either hangs completely for 10-15 seconds ( stuck GUI, no playback) or hangs for a while and then crashes. I haven't found a real pattern why it crashes or just hangs yet, tried clicking while stopped and while playback.
This is Cubase 6.5.5 64bit on Windows 7 64bit.
Thanks for your nice feedback.
Well, Cubase 6.5 has some issues with PDC and VST3 plugins. Maybe you try newer Cubase version or the VST2 plugin.
Oh, I should've mentioned, happens with either VST2 and VST3. None of my other plugins that offer switchable OS have shown such a behavior so far.
I understand that my Cubase version is soon-to-be-obsolete and I should update to 8, but I really really distaste that design disaster of a user interface since V7.... :cry:

fese wrote:Oh, I should've mentioned, happens with either VST2 and VST3. None of my other plugins that offer switchable OS have shown such a behavior so far.
Hmm, it works on our systems with Cubase 6.5 VST2/VST3 without problems. Well, there is a small silent period (plugin is bypassed), but after a few seconds, everything is back to normal.
Maybe the ASIO driver makes trouble. You could decrease the ASIO buffer size or even switch to another one (i.a. ASIO4ALL).
Just an idea...

Ok, just demoed it. This thing is superb :clap:

Nice analog workflow, nice gui, easy to use and superb sound quality.
Saturation sounds expensive.

The plugin is perfect as it is, but if I HAD to add feature it would be
-switchable preamp topology (tube/transistor or clean/driven,something like that )
-make soft compressor more rms/opto/leveller and hard comp more peak/FET alike.
-crosstalk?

This seriously wowed me, one of the best channel strips I've tried.Congrats.

zenvoxpop wrote:Ok, just demoed it. This thing is superb :clap:

Nice analog workflow, nice gui, easy to use and superb sound quality.
Saturation sounds expensive.
Thanks for this feedback!
zenvoxpop wrote:The plugin is perfect as it is, but if I HAD to add feature it would be
-switchable preamp topology (tube/transistor or clean/driven,something like that )
-make soft compressor more rms/opto/leveller and hard comp more peak/FET alike.
-crosstalk?
Well, such features will go to a more advanced channel strip already under planning :)

TB-ProAudio wrote:
Well, such features will go to a more advanced channel strip already under planning :)
Nice :tu:

Just make it tweakable enough to feel in control,
but not so much that you get lost in all the options.

It's a fine line.

As I said the cs3301 is perfectly fine as it is,
it's just my inner audiophile geek that always wants to tweek further.

Tested it and was impressed; good one!
Checkout our VST3/VST2/AU/AAX/LV2:
Inner Pitch | Lens | Couture | Panagement | Graillon

I always wish these kind of plugins would have the option to be displayed in actual channel strip format- narrow and compact, to be used next to or on top of DAW channels. Or just pinned to a corner.

And why not add stereo tools and complete metering :)

That said, this GUI is very practically laid out, clear and pleasant to look at.

I really liked the GUI of CS-3301 and tried it on some tracks. I think I'll be waiting for more detailed reviews.

I like the way saturation sounds but I believe I hear a bit of pumping -as if a comp behind it- when the amount is over 60s ?

I can not get how the comp works actually.

and what does the "analog on" feature adds to sound ? Sorry If somebody mentioned before, I'll check the replies.

Thanks for the nice plugin.

kukla wrote:I like the way saturation sounds but I believe I hear a bit of pumping -as if a comp behind it- when the amount is over 60s ?
Should not pumping, it is pure in/out transformation, no time constant.
kukla wrote:I can not get how the comp works actually.
Just start wih default setting, and move the threshold knob to the left. Either you hear the gain reduction or you can see it on the GR-meter. Make sure that mix-level is at 100%.
kukla wrote:... and what does the "analog on" feature adds to sound ? Sorry If somebody mentioned before, I'll check the replies.
It adds thermal noise to the input path, typically for analog mixing consoles.
Last edited by TB-ProAudio on Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Guillaume Piolat wrote:Tested it and was impressed; good one!
Thank you very much!

TB-ProAudio wrote:
kukla wrote:I like the way saturation sounds but I believe I hear a bit of pumping -as if a comp behind it- when the amount is over 60s ?
Should not pumping, it is pure in/out transformation, no time constant.
kukla wrote:I can not get how the comp works actually.
Just start wih default setting, and move the threshold knob to the left. Either you hear the gain reduction or you can see it on the GR-meter. Make sure that mix-level is at 100%.
kukla wrote:... and what does the "analog on" feature adds to sound ? Sorry If somebody mentioned before, I'll check the replies.
It adds thermal noise to the input path, typically for analog mixing consoles.
Thank you! I am kind of visual-oriented when it comes to comps which makes me a little uneasy about this one. GR will work.

Tend to own it :hihi:

Thank you.

Return to “Effects”