Low-cost/CPU-friendly alternative to Satin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I like the sound of Satin, but can't afford so much for a saturation plugin.

Klanghelm SDRR ... try the free IVGI to see if you like it.

thecontrolcentre wrote:Klanghelm SDRR ... try the free IVGI to see if you like it.
That's what I've been using. It's great on drums, but not so good on Master Bus.
It doesn't sound so silky and smooth, more like static noise in a microwave oven at times.

soulone82 wrote:TB ReelBus
+1 :tu:

Twrogstudio wrote:
soulone82 wrote:TB ReelBus
+1 :tu:
+1.2

Slate VTM can also be found rather cheaply in the marketplace here fairly often.
A well-behaved signature.

Hate to be a broken record but....TB ReelBus :D

TB reelbus is too mushy for me. Try the waves now on special with $50 coupon, can be had for similar price.

TheoM wrote:TB reelbus is too mushy for me. Try the waves now on special with $50 coupon, can be had for similar price.
Which Waves would that be - Kramer Master Tape? J37? Vitamin?

MogwaiBoy wrote:
TheoM wrote:TB reelbus is too mushy for me. Try the waves now on special with $50 coupon, can be had for similar price.
Which Waves would that be - Kramer Master Tape? J37? Vitamin?

depends on the music styles.. for modern pop/edm you'll get good results with kramer tape

for rock. slow stuff, and metal styles J37 will work better.

Yeah I am specifically talking about tape plugins. Kramer is as old as reelbus maybe even more so, but it's underrated. IMO was always picked on cause it's waves.. It's a good plugin.

Avoid WAVES, the WUP is awesome! In the long run really expensive!

+1 for Toneboosters Reelbus

...another stupid wup comment

deleted
Last edited by krabbencutter on Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

/* static noise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

What about this as a low-cost alternative ?

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/wp/index.php ... and-delay/

Return to “Effects”