Unfiltered Audio Fault: Frequency/Pitch Shifter

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This does indeed look and sound very nice!

I've received a few complaints about there not being enough aggressive/experimental demos up on the store page. They've now added a demo I made of Fault vs. an Analog RYTM. Here's Fault shredding a simple square wave:

https://soundcloud.com/the-february-tha ... quare-wave

Amazing little sonic mangler plugin! Very inspiring & surprising, great job guys really.

Now I only wish (wishlist maybe!?) there was a granular algorithm available for the delay effect section instead of a simple basic delay. That would open up doors to crazy textures and cloudy soundscape even more! Nonetheless, a really nice plugin I like it and will buy it :tu:

Cheers!

Sounding very funkalicious indeed.

Unfortunately, Ive sworn off software for a while as I save up for some seriously needed hardware upgrades... Unless its a no brainer, still falling for that old trick!! Haha!!

Sooooo, does this thing induce any latency on the signal? (I heard mention of an fft pitch shifter mentioned and fft equals latency in my experience) Also how much of a pain in the Nuts is plugin alliance with the copy protection and I'm assuming constant emails about stuff they want to sell you at amazing prices?

Thanks
JJ
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Ah_Dziz wrote:Sooooo, does this thing induce any latency on the signal? (I heard mention of an fft pitch shifter mentioned and fft equals latency in my experience) Also how much of a pain in the Nuts is plugin alliance with the copy protection and I'm assuming constant emails about stuff they want to sell you at amazing prices?

Thanks
JJ
Latency=1024 samples ( I think, as you said, this is unavoidable when it includes fft)

Intallation went like this: I downloaded the demo and the next day I purchased it. Then I clicked a key sign in the right corner of the plugin and logged into my Plugin Alliance account
and Voila - signed sealed and delivered. You can also choose offline registration.

Plugin Alliance doesn't spam me, and I'm pretty sure you can unsubscribe their newsletter
if you don't want any mails from them.

BTW: It is a great plugin and worth every penny :borg:
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

Dang. I was hoping for realtime use.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

sbj wrote:
Ah_Dziz wrote:Sooooo, does this thing induce any latency on the signal? (I heard mention of an fft pitch shifter mentioned and fft equals latency in my experience)
Latency=1024 samples ( I think, as you said, this is unavoidable when it includes fft)
Pitch shifting of ANY sort = latency. Due to the laws of physics. In order to shift a waveform, you need to have processed a significant chunk of that waveform. The lower the frequency of the waveform, and the greater the amount (+ or -) of the pitch shifting, the higher the minimum latency required.

Congratulations to Unfiltered Audio on this release!

Sean Costello

Just seeing this... go, thelizard, go!

Back to read the thread... is there an intro discount, 100% unfiltered upgrade, or discount for those that have your other two plug-ins, like me?

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered.

Thanks!
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

valhallasound wrote:
sbj wrote:
Ah_Dziz wrote:Sooooo, does this thing induce any latency on the signal? (I heard mention of an fft pitch shifter mentioned and fft equals latency in my experience)
Pitch shifting of ANY sort = latency. Due to the laws of physics. In order to shift a waveform, you need to have processed a significant chunk of that waveform. The lower the frequency of the waveform, and the greater the amount (+ or -) of the pitch shifting, the higher the minimum latency required.

Congratulations to Unfiltered Audio on this release!

Sean Costello
Thanks, Sean! We really appreciate it.

Building on that, I think the best way I've heard this explained is "What's the pitch of a single sample?"

If you like to think visually, think of a single point sitting on an empty piece of paper. Determining the pitch of a single sample would be akin to determining the shape of the point. You could make something up, but you simply don't have enough information! However, if more points are revealed, you have a much better sense of the image.

It's a bit more complicated than that, since you have to balance pitch resolution vs. time resolution, but that's really 90% of the concept.

Before trying the demo I'd like to know what's the copy protection? C/R or serial?

xx JPRacer xx wrote:Before trying the demo I'd like to know what's the copy protection? C/R or serial?
Plugin Alliance has a C/R system. The plug-in will launch a licenser screen where you sign into your account (You can have it save your password for future logons). It will activate all eligible PA plug-ins on your computer simultaneously.

I personally dislike DRM in general, but I've found the system to be quite easy. I recently built a new computer, and the easiest DRM plug-in setups were the PA bundle, FXPansion, Sonic Charge, and Komplete, since all available products activate simultaneously).

Processing a cello flageolet improvisation with Fault, tweaking some parameters on the fly - video starts dry.
This plugin sounds great, I'm not sure yet if it can do anything I can't do with e.g. Melda's MXXX, but I'll keep on demoing it for a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi56AaD5Iyw

This plugin looks and sounds great, out of interest does it cover everything SANDMAN can do?

It doesn't have an equivalent to Sandman's "sleep" feature.

Return to “Effects”