Best sounding combfilter?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The meldaproduction one is my personal favorite followed closely by mfm. The awesome thing about the meldaproduction one is using it in combination with other stuff in MXXX.

JJ
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

The Etch of fxpansion has a very capable comb filter too.
What i like about it is that you can control the frequency via keyboard, which let's you play melodic lines.

Arrested Developer wrote:The Etch of fxpansion has a very capable comb filter too.
What i like about it is that you can control the frequency via keyboard, which let's you play melodic lines.
Good you reminded me of the Etch, it was in my list, has got great reviews when published.

every previous poster in this thread is not a friend. a comb filter is a delay. if we are having a discussion about the quality ("best sounding") of a delay implementation, it's eric the orchestra leader.

of course, "best sounding" *could* also mean, "best sounding to tell ignorant people about so they will buy things" instead of concerning the signal to noise ratio of a dsp procedure, it's simple presumption on my part that "sounding" here pertains to the act of creating or modifying signals.

discussing comb filters as if they are not delays is a disservice to the community, a malicious act intended to confuse newcomers and sell the ignorant, greedy or inattentive. these are really seriously bad people and i think something ought to be done with them all just running round and posting all sorts of nonsense wherever they like and moving their arms and legs just as well as people who are happy to tell you what things are and how they work so you can understand and use them yourself and be potentiated and have a wonderful society filled with competent people making things better instead of having a piss.

that's why most filter implementations don't include a comb mode, because a delay means you have to change the implementation, and developers are really lazy people who make their living off the misguided aspirations of suckers who act like the music industry isn't one big disgusting lie, how can you not even know that by now.

don't you know, to add a delay means adding a buffer, which means creating an array, that needs a pointer and read variable. adding a delay means typing at least thirty or forty characters with fingers.

if you've ever done this yourself because someone encouraged you to, you'd know, a c++ delay implementation takes a good 30, 40 seconds to type.

"but xoxos it's all about the interpolation you see" as if not open sourced for decades. delays, basic dsp. fundament.

you can see how it's much easier to just come to kvr and get people excited about being ignorant so you can be rich and eat handfuls of mayonnaise straight out of the jar.

combfilters, what about them eh. did you see that one someone made and it sounded like shit, i believe their name was xoxos, and they would f**k something like that up because truth is a hideous thing to bring into contact with viable customers.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

xoxos wrote: eat handfuls of mayonnaise straight out of the jar.
Some things, once read, cannot be unread! Ugh!!! :help:

I love the comb filter in PSP N20, also the comb filter in VAZ Modular has an anarchic yet controllable character I haven't found elsewhere.

Winstontaneous wrote: Some things, once read, cannot be unread! Ugh!!! :help:
now you know exactly how a philanthropic vst plugin developer who has pissed his life away trying to help the public become capable feels when they see "best sounding combfilter" as a thread title in twenty six teen.

my eyes, dude. my freaking eyes are on fire.

try.

just try to educate and empower people, instead of sell them things.

it's a delay.

say, delay.

and then, if we truly insist on believing one delay sounds better than another delay, i think we need to cut ourselves away from all the principles of dsp and start again on some sort of lord of the flies murder death cult religion with heads on poles (four poles!) befitting something as preposterous that one delay sounds better than another.

you're stabbing and hurting baby jesus when you say a bit is not a bit or that somehow, one could produce a delay, that wasn't actually a delay, but was some sort of "incorrect, not best delay"

i mean if i shake you violently by the shoulders or lock you in a parked car in an arizona summer with dogs and children, will you understand, about the delays, and the qualities, and the digital values, and the applications, and the interpolations, and you can call it a ..

let's call it a cuisine filter from now on

even if you call it a cuisine filter

it is still a delay

with digital bits

and the quality

what is better than wondering why

all of these people are engaged in the mad belief that somehow

one person has delayed some bits with more aptitude than another

no. stop your madness at once, you comb filter thread participants.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

33tetragammon wrote:Absynth 5's supercomb filters are amazing as well, especially when you set a high resonance amount and put a waveshaper in its feedback path
+1
The feedback path of Absynth's supercomb filters with infinite wave shapes, including morph waves is ingenius. Together with the tone parameter the sounds generated can be everything from the extreme to the organic and to pure magic.
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Bioethical Genome Modification.

xoxos wrote:
Winstontaneous wrote: Some things, once read, cannot be unread! Ugh!!! :help:
now you know exactly how a philanthropic vst plugin developer who has pissed his life away trying to help the public become capable feels when they see "best sounding combfilter" as a thread title in twenty six teen.

it's a delay

say, delay.

no. stop your madness at once, you comb filter thread participants.
Dude... I think you need to take a chill pill and learn to adapt with with the people around you to the world you live in.

Ok sure we understand you have been making plugins since before someone invented digital signal processing.
Big freaking whoop!!

Us musicians enjoy using tools to make music.

A comb filter is such a tool, and despite it being constructed out of a delay line, it has been known and used as a comb filter since... well... a very long time.
'
get over it!
I could kind-of-understand your rant over the trance gate name, but this is just plain silly.
Hypnagog (Experimental Electronica) |
Terrafractyl (Psytrance) |Kinematic Records (Label)

if im looking for the classic comb sound, i'll sling on tone2 bifilter (i really do like the sound of their combs and resonators)

but i have to say, my fave is the one that comes in zebrify. but i dont really see this thing as a comb filter. it creates sounds that i simply dont get from anything else! metallic, otherworldly, and quite unique! (you have to switch the filter mode from comb, to something like dissonant, to hear what this thing is capable of)

but the real strangeness happens when you start modulating things like tone, flavour, and a small amount of pitch. for example, an lfo cycling 2 semi in pitch, then use the envelope follower to make the incoming audio affect the tone, and the pitch follower (!!) to affect the flavour.
do all this in dissonant mode, and you'll get sounds that you just cant find anywhere else

Return to “Effects”