izotope RX5 audio editor vs izotope Plug in pack.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Has anyone upgraded from the Plugin pack to the full RX5 audio editor? Was it worth the difference? I am currently demoing both but would love to hear from anyone who has used either version or has upgraded from the plug in pack to the audio editor.
I can get the plugin pack for $69 or the full RX5 audio editor for $249.
I have a lot of my bands old recordings that were recorded on various levels of tape equipment for the early 80's that I have been cleaning up as a labor of love.

I used to use Bias Peak and Bias Soundsoap many years ago and tried RX V1. I do have Adobe Audition and have used it for the dehum features and some basic audio cleanup but so far the newer stuff in RX both seem better.
Anyone have an opinion to share?

Thanks
Surfing, skateboarding, Music Making Man and tech fool.
New Album! KnowledgeBass

I have RX 5 (which includes all the plugins) and only use the stand-alone version, as I find it much easier to use offline.
Seasoned IT vet, Mac user, and lover of music. Always learning.

surferman wrote:Has anyone upgraded from the Plugin pack to the full RX5 audio editor? Was it worth the difference?
Yes and YES!

RX5 gives you immensely more power than just the few plugins in a DAW. Being a standalone application in itself really frees/speeds up your workflow and lets you focus. You're looking at audio restoration? Import your old recordings and away you go. The spectral editing/masking/cloning will blow you away. Sorry for the hyperbole.

Not so much hyperbole. RX really is amazing. I expect you'll eventually upgrade to Advanced in a sale. I found it totally worth it.
Seasoned IT vet, Mac user, and lover of music. Always learning.

Thanks, I am thinking the same thing. Izotope seems very customer friendly. got a discount code just for asking the right question. But they will be getting some of my money so we all win!
New Album! KnowledgeBass

Can anybody compare the RX5/plug in pack to the de-noising tools in Adobe Audition CC? I know Izotope did a lot of the dynamics FX in Audition, and screenshots of the izotope de-hum/de-noise plugins look very similar to the tools in Audition.

I have Audition CS6 and I don't think their has been much changed in audition for noise. What I have read is that Audition has some licensed algorithms from Izotope in Audition, but it is manly based on version 2 I think. The dehum and some of the other process work pretty well. But when demoing the RX editor and the plugs it really seemed that RX5 was much better on the tracks I am working on About 4 years ago I started digitizing nearly a hundred cassette tapes that I had recorded of my band in the early 80's. Early on I recorded on boomboxes, moved "up" to radio shack mics into boom boxes, then to nice cassette decks recorded from the mixing board, to finally 4 and 8 track reel to reel decks. It has been a long time labor of love working on the recordings and I've used Bias Soundsoap, Izotope rx 1, Adobe Audition CS 6 over the years to try to clean up the recordings. So far, after buying the RX 5 audio editor I am already getting better results and I am really still learning what it can do.
New Album! KnowledgeBass

Return to “Effects”