Looking for the guitar amp simulator with the cleanest possible sound

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I mean the clean channel in many amps I`ve tried is very nasty and distorted, so that I can`t dial in a good glass-like tone. Any reply is appreciated, thanks :)

The cleanest might be Waves GTR - in fact it has even several great sounding & super clean amps...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

b.t.w.: did you try to turn down the Input gain on those you tried?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Yes, I did. Thanks. Anything else apart from Waves?
I know there`s a trick with real amps to plug the guitar directly into the Return of the amp, thus avoiding any preamp`s gain. But It doesn`t work that good in digital world, as for me, of course :)

the Brainworx Megadual can get pretty clean too...

Thanks again! I`ll check it

Brainworx Rockrack V3 has 4 clean amps(one is listed as Jazz crunch, but it cleans up). Try using the free Niveau filter(very subtly)going into the amp to change your pickup Q. Post amp saturation brings things out also.

I almost forgot I`ve had Niveau . I use tilt filters very seldom. Maybe it`s the very time for that 8)
Thanks

I've always had great luck getting clean sounds from amplitube.
Surfing, skateboarding, Music Making Man and tech fool.
New Album! KnowledgeBass

What kind of pickups are in your guitar?
Surfing, skateboarding, Music Making Man and tech fool.
New Album! KnowledgeBass

It has vintage humbucker in bridge, and a single coil from the same era in neck. Both are Charvel, the exact model is unknown.
For clean tones I find single coils in neck position the only to be useful, or having humbucker that may switch to a single coil mode.

Boogex is pretty clean and free

Scuffham S-Gear is pretty good clean and crunchy... http://www.scuffhamamps.com ... click on on the "amplifiers" link for demos...
You need to limit that rez, bro.

joyo ac tone fx pedal does good cleans. ymmv

People are just gong to suggest basically every amp sim available... :help:

Return to “Effects”