Unfiltered Audio Sandman Pro: Available Now

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Sandman Unfiltered Audio Sandman

Disabling OpenGL appears to have fixed the crashing issues for me in Sonar Platinum.

Edit: After more time using Sandman Pro post-update, disabling OpenGL definitely fixed the crashing issue for me.

Weird CPU spikes (and subsequent audio dropouts every few seconds) here too:
Mac Mini i7 / 2.3GHz with 16GB Ram
OSX 10.12
Logic Pro X 10.2.4

:?

I must confess, I wasn't paying attention towards the end of last year and classified this as 'just another delay' in my head. Just discovered what Sandman Pro and UA's other plugins are actually all about. Now I NEED the 100% Unfiltered Bundle :borg:

epiphaneia wrote:Weird CPU spikes (and subsequent audio dropouts every few seconds) here too:
OSX 10.12
Logic Pro X 10.2.4

Sorry I missed this during the holidays!

During our patching, we've found two major efficiency bugs with Sandman Pro and all of our modulation system plug-ins. We will send betas to users experiencing the most severe issues early March.

After installing (and re-installing) only a handful of presets are installed.

I have 15 presets in the root Factory Presets folder, sub folder Dense with 3 presets and a sub-folder Experimental with 4.

This is on Windows 64-bit, and I installed from the PA Installation Manager selecting 64bit and VST 2 only. Anyone else with the same issue?

I also installed Fault using the same method and that has a ton of presets.

kenobi77 wrote:After installing (and re-installing) only a handful of presets are installed.

I have 15 presets in the root Factory Presets folder, sub folder Dense with 3 presets and a sub-folder Experimental with 4.

This is on Windows 64-bit, and I installed from the PA Installation Manager selecting 64bit and VST 2 only. Anyone else with the same issue?

Definitely something up there. Checked and I have loads of presets. Many more than 4 in the experimental folder, my 'dense' folder contains 6 presets, and there are indeed many more folders in general. I don't have any presets directly in the 'root' location either - they're all sorted into folders accessed from the root.

kenobi77 wrote:After installing (and re-installing) only a handful of presets are installed.

There should definitely be more presets. Plugin Alliance writes the installers for us, so I would contact their support team.

A while back they had an installer bug where our presets wouldn't get installed if you didn't install the VST3 version. Could you try to reinstall with all formats selected? If that doesn't work, you can reach them at https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/tech_support.html

Thanks Cron , after reading your post I thought I'd try deleting the presets folder and than re-installing from the Installation Mananger but no joy.

Thanks thelizard for chiming in also.

I then downloaded the specific installer for sandman pro, installing just the 64bit VST 2 version(unfiltered_audio_sandman_pro_win_x64_1_0_1.zip) and this did populate the presets as expected.

It seems it could be an issue with the dowload the Installation Manager calls???? I'll report it to PA anyhow. Must say I've not had any issue with the other plugin presets I've installed via the installation manager (including Fault).

audiosabre wrote:I must confess, I wasn't paying attention towards the end of last year and classified this as 'just another delay' in my head. Just discovered what Sandman Pro and UA's other plugins are actually all about. Now I NEED the 100% Unfiltered Bundle :borg:
+1

Useful Stuff Indeed.

Recently got a Sandman Pro license, it's a very creative effect! :phones:

A couple comments about the UI:
1) The up/down arrow for dropdown menus confuses me.
Often, 2 arrows in this context mean you can increment back and forth between choices in the list (like in Reaktor which you may know a thing or two about ;-)).
Having a single down arrow would fix this - that's the most common icon for a dropdown that requires click to view list.
http://ux.stackexchange.com/questions/8 ... own-button

2) Tooltips are triggered only when hovering over the control, not its label?
This is not a standard convention - like hint over label only, or both label/control (probably best solution).

thelizard wrote:
epiphaneia wrote:Weird CPU spikes (and subsequent audio dropouts every few seconds) here too:
OSX 10.12
Logic Pro X 10.2.4

Sorry I missed this during the holidays!

During our patching, we've found two major efficiency bugs with Sandman Pro and all of our modulation system plug-ins. We will send betas to users experiencing the most severe issues early March.
Sounds good, how would one voice one´s interest of receiving beta releases?

Winstontaneous wrote:Recently got a Sandman Pro license, it's a very creative effect! :phones:

Often, 2 arrows in this context mean you can increment back and forth between choices in the list (like in Reaktor which you may know a thing or two about ;-)).
Having a single down arrow would fix this - that's the most common icon for a dropdown that requires click to view list.

This is not a standard convention - like hint over label only, or both label/control (probably best solution).
For #1, we've fixed this in the updates. The dropdown menus now have L/R arrows for quicker navigation. You can still click the label to trigger the dropdown as well. The up/down arrows are a JUCE design oddity.

For #2, I'm not sure if we can change this in time for the update round. That would actually be a surprisingly involved change as the labels are mostly decoupled from the controls. I'll see what we can do, though!

Thanks for your responses, of course these are just minor head-scratchers!
Keep up the great work (including Euro Reakt)!
thelizard wrote:
Winstontaneous wrote:Recently got a Sandman Pro license, it's a very creative effect! :phones:

For #1, we've fixed this in the updates. The dropdown menus now have L/R arrows for quicker navigation. You can still click the label to trigger the dropdown as well. The up/down arrows are a JUCE design oddity.

For #2, I'm not sure if we can change this in time for the update round. That would actually be a surprisingly involved change as the labels are mostly decoupled from the controls. I'll see what we can do, though!

Many thanks for this update (1.1.0) !!!
Some serious adds going on here for an already powerful plug-in.

nordickvr wrote:Many thanks for this update (1.1.0) !!!
Some serious adds going on here for an already powerful plug-in.
Awesome! I'm happy to hear that. Here's the first announcement regarding the update:
https://roli.com/article/blocks-unfiltered-audio

Return to “Effects”