Unfiltered Audio Sandman Pro: Available Now

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Sandman Unfiltered Audio Sandman

I'm enjoying the demo, and will probably upgrade from Sandman. This looks like a winner!
2020 iMac 27" 10 Core, OS 12.6.6, iConnectAudio2+, iConnectMidi4+, Novation SL MKIII, Push 2, Ableton Live, VCV Rack Pro 2, Bitwig Studio

What a nice thing to wake up to :) I had been really hoping this would get an upgrade with the new modular modulation system, but this is just so much more.

I love the original and thought it was totally nuts, but this is something else altogether. Nice one!

holy holy! this is rad. I can sell all other delay plugins now I guess :D

Here are two vids I made during the Beta-phase using some of my presets from the factory library.

Piano warping:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBNocZBROzg

Electronic drum processing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1eJ24CPoAQ

nice... upgraded for 29 bucks
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Is there a way to save the content of the sleep buffer with the project? I'm using Reaper. Thanks.

Looks pretty cool, nice upgrade offer, I'll have to try it out. PA are on a mission to clean out people's wallets before Black Friday, some great releases lately!

Praised by Richard Devine & Simon Stockhausen uh? I just can’t ignore such tool. I passed on the first version of Sandman while ago but I will give this baby a try tonite.

BTW, Sandman Pro does use granular synthesis under the hood right? It’s a specific mode or it’s at the core of its processing for all modes?

Neon Breath wrote:Praised by Richard Devine & Simon Stockhausen uh? I just can’t ignore such tool. I passed on the first version of Sandman while ago but I will give this baby a try tonite.

BTW, Sandman Pro does use granular synthesis under the hood right? It’s a specific mode or it’s at the core of its processing for all modes?
Modern Instant, Pitch Shifter, and Multi-tap all use granular windowing to achieve delay time changes without pitch or click artifacts. Reverse uses granular windowing to prevent clicks, but it still has pitch changes like Tape mode. Glitch Shifter uses windowing, but the size of the window typically exceeds what would qualify as microsound.

That being said, it doesn't have an explicitly "granular" sound unless you want it to. For granular wavetables, you can activate Sleep mode, set the loop length to very small, and manipulate it from there (Delay Size and Sampling Rate can change the pitch... You can sweep the grain's position around by attaching a Macro control to Start/End. I'm thinking Sandman Pro 1.1 should have an option to replace Start/End with Start/Length). For granular stuttering, the "No Echo" mode works really well for that.

Fantastic cues and explanations! :tu:

Thanks, looking forward to try it.

Sampleconstruct wrote:Here are two vids I made during the Beta-phase using some of my presets from the factory library.
These videos are excellent! We just shared the piano video on Facebook and Twitter. Thanks again for the excellent presets.

didn't even demo first. very few things are #instabuy for me these days. This is gonna be fun ;]

instant buy for me too, killer update and cheers for the great upgrade price

Funny, I just purchased this not long ago.
Now a new version....

This delay is amazing! Easy and inspiring to tweak, one of the best FX I own...great improvement over the first version. if you love experimenting and mangling audio try it!

Return to “Effects”