ToneBoosters, I love your plugins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TB Equalizer v3 TB Equalizer v4 TB ReelBus v3 TB ReelBus v4

djeroen wrote:
mutantdog wrote:The latest update of Barricade seems to have messed up all my levels when i use the Hard Clipper input. There appears now to be a gain reduction at the input stage of around -1 dB. Is this intentional?
If you set a hard clipper to, let's say -6 dB, the output level of the input stage when measured with standard vu meters can indeed show up as being somewhat lower (1 dB does not really surprise me). This is because VU meters typically do not do any oversampling, while the Barricade input stage will apply all non-linear processing (soft/hard clipping, saturation, etcetera) with high-quality oversampling / anti-aliasing filters. As inter-sample peaks can be higher than actual sample values, hard-clipping in such oversampled representation can result in somewhat more aggressive clipping when measured with standard level meter tools.
Hey Jeroen,

I've noticed very low levels of aliasing in reelbus v3 (I think it's aliasing as it isn't there at 96k), but none whatsoever with the input modeller in barricade v4. Is there a chance u will bring the same anti-aliasing quality to reelbus anytime soon? Would be great!

euanek wrote: I've noticed very low levels of aliasing in reelbus v3 (I think it's aliasing as it isn't there at 96k), but none whatsoever with the input modeller in barricade v4. Is there a chance u will bring the same anti-aliasing quality to reelbus anytime soon? Would be great!
That's already there :-) The latest Barricade update has the same anti-aliasing quality as ReelBus 3

djeroen wrote:
euanek wrote: I've noticed very low levels of aliasing in reelbus v3 (I think it's aliasing as it isn't there at 96k), but none whatsoever with the input modeller in barricade v4. Is there a chance u will bring the same anti-aliasing quality to reelbus anytime soon? Would be great!
That's already there :-) The latest Barricade update has the same anti-aliasing quality as ReelBus 3
I think he meant it the other way round, i.e. that Barricade 4 sounds better and he wishes ReelBus 3 sounded equally good.

(yeah, I meant what fluffy said.) Either way, Jeroen's saying they have the same anti aliasing. Weird, my tests don't show any aliasing for barricade even at extreme settings and show a little bit for reelbus. It's very low, but different. Maybe the reelbus saturation is that much stronger?

euanek wrote:(yeah, I meant what fluffy said.) Either way, Jeroen's saying they have the same anti aliasing. Weird, my tests don't show any aliasing for barricade even at extreme settings and show a little bit for reelbus. It's very low, but different. Maybe the reelbus saturation is that much stronger?
Do you hear that or do you just measure it? Be honest!

Haha, I don't hear it in a single instance! Which means I know it doesn't really matter, but it doesn't hurt to take an interest in these things as I use Reelbus on many tracks, which sometimes get compressed, bussed, compressed again, so it's just nice to know what's going on as low level details get brought up. This is NOT a major concern of mine.

how about a reelbus and ferox package?

Just bough TrackEssentials and Reverb 4 (since it's only 5e more than Reverb 4 on its own) mainly just for the shimmerverb. Awesome stuff. :)

dimtsak wrote:I am using some Toneboosters plugins for some years now and everything is great (Especially TB fix is non-replaceable)...
Fix4 has become...non-replaceable for me, too (I was going to say indispensable, but that's redundant). I guess it's like a multi-band compressor, but easier for me to see what I'm doing - not to mention the filter selection (31 choices).

New Tb equalizer v4 is released and it’s the best of fix and eq v3 plus much more.

yes track essentials are superb, only 20 euros and the quality is top top top notch .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Tb equalizer v4 isn´t included in the track essentials!! It´s a complete new eq plugin, released today.

Was just checking for updates and noticed a new version of the download. Was wondering if it would not make more sense to separate the v3.x from the v4.x download. Especially since I don't see any release notes, so who knows which plugins have been modified. I don't have any v4.x plugins, which also use a different protection system afaik.

On the page showing the new version click the version number 1.1.2 and it will take you to the changelog page.

Ah ok, thanks.
So, only the new plugins were updated...
Just like with the previous versions.
Time to remove v3.x plugins from that big download...

Return to “Effects”