Is Melodyne more accurate for audio to midi than something like MIDI Guitar?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is Melodyne more accurate for audio to midi than something like MIDI Guitar? As far as latency/timing goes? Has anyone tried both and checked? Or are they pretty close? I would think Melodyne.. but I'm not sure.

memyselfandus wrote:Is Melodyne more accurate for audio to midi than something like MIDI Guitar? As far as latency/timing goes? Has anyone tried both and checked?
What latency? Melodyne is an offline process.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Melodyne is not for playing 'live' you tranfer the audio in it from the daw. It needs to be prerecorded to work. I think Midi Guitar is pretty much on their own in this domain. I tried it long time ago when it came out I had a little latency back then I don't know for version 2. I remember I had to play slowly to get consistant results.
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

Thanks guys. I know Melodyne is offline so I'm guessing Melodyne would be better with the timing? I guess I'm just wondering if there is any latency or how much.. after converting audio to midi with Melodyne?

Melodyne does not convert polyphonic guitar pitchbends to midi.

After you've imported into Melodyne, converted to blobs, there is no latency.
I can't test it right now but I would have thought any MIDI generated from the blobs is probably sample-accurate or pretty close.

Thanks guys

Return to “Effects”