Youlean Loudness Meter 2 - V2.5.2 - April 25, 2022 update

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Youlean Loudness Meter

New version is up! Now waiting for more bugs. :D Thank you for all bug reports!

Changelog:
v1.0.1:
Fixed missing libraries on macOS.
Fixed volume boost in FL Studio.
Fixed FL Studio crash while detaching the plugin.
Fixed Reaper crash after play in Windows.
Fixed minor graphical glitches.

_gl wrote:That was fast :tu:. Yep thanks, works now.
Great!

The level retriggers when the loop starts again, I believe it shouldn't do it, right?
It's easy if you know how

Lesha wrote:The level retriggers when the loop starts again, I believe it shouldn't do it, right?
It should if "A" is turned on (below max values). Just switch it off. I will try to make a manual tomorrow so that everybody can see how plugin works...

I got the latest version and used it in FL Studio. So far so good. I put my LCAST meter next to the Youlean meter and all the numbers were spot on :D ..I am impressed
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

youlean wrote:
Lesha wrote:The level retriggers when the loop starts again, I believe it shouldn't do it, right?
It should if "A" is turned on (below max values). Just switch it off. I will try to make a manual tomorrow so that everybody can see how plugin works...
No, it does it no matter if "A" is switched on or off.
It's easy if you know how

Lesha wrote:No, it does it no matter if "A" is switched on or off.
OK. Can you please tell me your DAW, OS, plugin format?

ATN69 wrote:I got the latest version and used it in FL Studio. So far so good. I put my LCAST meter next to the Youlean meter and all the numbers were spot on :D ..I am impressed
Thanks! :)

ATN69 wrote:I got the latest version and used it in FL Studio. So far so good. I put my LCAST meter next to the Youlean meter and all the numbers were spot on :D ..I am impressed
Now that's cool! Glad to hear the FL Studio fix has been implemented already too. Downloading immediately.

Thank you, youlean :)

Voted 5 stars thank you!

Thank you guys! :)

youlean wrote:Thank you guys! :)
If you have more quality stuff like this laying around your harddrive, don't be shy to share it :lol:
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

ATN69 wrote:
youlean wrote:Thank you guys! :)
If you have more quality stuff like this laying around your harddrive, don't be shy to share it :lol:
There are many things in the works, so stay tuned... :wink:

I did some testing last night with other loudness meters (MLoudnessAnalyzer which I currently use, dpMeterII and the Toneboosters one):

+ UI is very nice, I like the big numbers
+ timecode and system time on the scrollable graph is an excellent feature

- no stereo metering
- the title bar is pretty big for no real reason
- GUI is "resizeable", but can only be made even bigger and it does affect only some elements
- true peaks value is off probably because of the mono summing, it fails to show the peak for highest channel (this needs to be fixed before the plugin can be used)

All in all it compares well to the options, and competes with MLoudnessAnalyzer for the best free loudness tool title.

.jon wrote:I did some testing last night with other loudness meters (MLoudnessAnalyzer which I currently use, dpMeterII and the Toneboosters one):

+ UI is very nice, I like the big numbers
+ timecode and system time on the scrollable graph is an excellent feature

- no stereo metering
- the title bar is pretty big for no real reason
- GUI is "resizeable", but can only be made even bigger and it does affect only some elements
- true peaks value is off probably because of the mono summing, it fails to show the peak for highest channel (this needs to be fixed before the plugin can be used)

All in all it compares well to the options, and competes with MLoudnessAnalyzer for the best free loudness tool title.
Thanks for your suggestions! How do you mean no stereo metering? GUI is now resizable for some parts that I think that are important (do you have any suggestion for that?), but it will also become after this competition (making everything bigger or smaller on GUI). True peak should be good, if it is not, then it is a bug. I will check this out. Can you explain more showing peak for the highest channel?

Return to “Effects”