Focusrite Plugin Collective

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Exponential Audio: R2

Free for December:

1 Positive Grid BIAS FX LE guitar effects processor, exclusive for Focusrite customers

2. Sound Radix SurferEQ 2 Boogie plug-in, developed exclusively for Focusrite customers

3. Eventide 2016 Stereo Room Plug-in

4. iZotope DDLY Dynamic Delay Plug-in

https://uk.focusrite.com/plugin-collective

or

https://us.focusrite.com/plugin-collective

Edited title of thread
Last edited by 1wob2many on Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:05 am, edited 3 times in total.

Thanks for the heads up. Would like to get Stereo Room, but I don't want to deal with iLok in any way, soft or hardware.
It's easy if you know how

Lesha wrote:Would like to get Stereo Room, but I don't want to deal with iLok in any way, soft or hardware.
Snap!

I was hoping somebody would convince me that Stereo Room was so good that it would be worth going down the iLok road.

I'll probably decide it on the toss of a coin.

Double post.
Last edited by 1wob2many on Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The iLok software has been really low key for me. Only problem I've had is the service doesn't always like to run on startup if I restart my PC (or it restarts after updating) so I go into the Windows services manager and start it. Not a very big deal IMO, but I could see it driving some people crazy.

If that doesn't sound too annoying, then the Stereo Room is a very nice sounding reverb, even more so for free.

I'd say it's pretty good, but if I didn't have the iLok manager software already installed, I wouldn't install it just for this. Just sayin'
A bit fried in the higher freqs

Thanks for the responses.

Heads, tails, best of three? :wink:

1wob2many wrote:
Lesha wrote:Would like to get Stereo Room, but I don't want to deal with iLok in any way, soft or hardware.
Snap!

I was hoping somebody would convince me that Stereo Room was so good that it would be worth going down the iLok road.

No idea about Stereo Room, but Eventide's plugins are great. And, IMO, iLok is about as intrusive as the software center other companies install on your computer.

chk071 wrote:
1wob2many wrote:
Snap!

No idea about Stereo Room, but Eventide's plugins are great. And, IMO, iLok is about as intrusive as the software center other companies install on your computer.
I am not sure about that. If PACE License Service is always active in the background, then it's way more intrusive.

Depends on what you consider "intrusive". There are loads of background tasks running on a normal Windows system, and you will hardly "need" 20% of those. PACE doesn't get in the way of my normal work, hence it is not intrusive for me.

Just checked, and the PACE service takes a blazing 0% of my CPU speed, and 0,6 MB of my system memory. Not exactly what i'd call "intrusive", or in any way something which slows down my system. Apart from that, there's Google stuff running, Adobe update service, iTunes helper... and so on, and so on. If i'd start to complain about all that now, i'd probably have to stop using my PC.

chk071 wrote:Depends on what you consider "intrusive". There are loads of background tasks running on a normal Windows system, and you will hardly "need" 20% of those. PACE doesn't get in the way of my normal work, hence it is not intrusive for me.

Just checked, and the PACE service takes a blazing 0% of my CPU speed, and 0,6 MB of my system memory. Not exactly what i'd call "intrusive", or in any way something which slows down my system. Apart from that, there's Google stuff running, Adobe update service, iTunes helper... and so on, and so on. If i'd start to complain about all that now, i'd probably have to stop using my PC.
I have all those services disabled and take good care of what runs in the background.

Well, on one hand I already have Cakewalk Command Center, NI Service Center and Waves Central installed and doing their thing...

...on the other hand do I need another free/gift plugin to sit alongside all those other free/gift plugins that never get used...

...on the other hand... I'll turn into Shiva.

Lesha wrote:I have all those services disabled and take good care of what runs in the background.
I try to do this to, but there's always some bugger that seems to keep turning itself on.

1wob2many wrote:Well, on one hand I already have Cakewalk Command Center, NI Service Center and Waves Central installed and doing their thing...

...on the other hand do I need another free/gift plugin to sit alongside all those other free/gift plugins that never get used...

...on the other hand... I'll turn into Shiva.
I have NI Service Center also, but as far as I can remember it doesn't run in the background.

cprompt wrote:I'd say it's pretty good, but if I didn't have the iLok manager software already installed, I wouldn't install it just for this. Just sayin'

I agree, except, if you don't spend money on reverbs, it's unlikely that you have a better room reverb. For me this would depend an awful lot on what you already had and what you needed. If you were using Ableton Live and wished for a more natural sounding reverb but were broke, suck it up, it's worth the effort. On the other hand if you have a couple of paid for reverbs or you are using Cubase (with it's decidedly better built in reverbs), then I wouldn't install iLok just for this.

YMMV.

Return to “Effects”