Focusrite Plugin Collective

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Exponential Audio: R2

do_androids_dream wrote:
1wob2many wrote:
Lesha wrote:Would like to get Stereo Room, but I don't want to deal with iLok in any way, soft or hardware.
Snap!

I was hoping somebody would convince me that Stereo Room was so good that it would be worth going down the iLok road.

I'll probably decide it on the toss of a coin.
One of the best algorithmic reverbs out there no less.. For free it's incredible
I finally bit the bullet and installed iLok and Eventide Stereo Room. So far, so good. My computer's not blown up yet and the world hasn't come to an end (that'll be in January :wink: ).

1wob2many wrote: I finally bit the bullet and installed iLok and Eventide Stereo Room. So far, so good. My computer's not blown up yet and the world hasn't come to an end (that'll be in January :wink: ).
If you are running Windows 7 be careful updating the iLok License Manager to 3.1.3 as it failed on this system and broke all my licenses. I had to dig up an old version and reinstall it to get everything working again. Other than that episode I haven't had any trouble with the iLok Soft Manager. It was worth it for the Air Music Technology plugins that I like so much and allowed me to take advantage of the Eventide Reverb freebie..... :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:If you are running Windows 7 be careful updating the iLok License Manager to 3.1.3 as it failed on this system and broke all my licenses.
Thanks for the warning. I'd read about your troubles earlier in the thread, but seeming as I didn't have any licenses installed I had no licenses to break.

But, yes I'm on Windows 7 64 bit (and deliberately not fully updated*) and it's iLok License Manager 3.1.3.1659 that I have installed. But everything installed and authorised seamlessly (following Focusrite's idiots' guide). I guess I got lucky... :hihi:

*I like to now what sort of shenanigans Microsoft are trying to pull before installing these combined security and quality rollups.

So wait a minute....you have 3.1.3 installed in a Win 7 computer that's deliberately not fully updated but I couldn't get it to install on a fully updated Win 7 computer because it said I needed to update Win 7 ? :dog: :bang:

What the actual f*ck ? :lol:

Oh well at least we both have our software working. I'll be really hesitant to allow the iLok Manager to self update again unless it's absolutely necessary to authorize new software.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

New Offer: Free Flux Studio Session Analyzer.

Says to grab it before the 31st January 2017...

Pretty cool stuff... If you like Analyzers...

https://us.focusrite.com/plugin-collective

*You have to have the bonjour service running on your system
for it to work btw...

I don't see any option to grab the analyzer in my focusrite account...?

I don't have any focusrite card yet, but I have the red suite registered and I easily could take advantage of the december collective giveaway. Where do I go wrong now?

No, I don't see it either.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

Hmm dunno, they emailed me about it. I got it straight away. Pretty neat actually. It communicates with your daw via virtual networking. That's why you need bonjour.

cprompt wrote:No, I don't see it either.

They say that you need hardware, however, it seems some people without hardware have the offer. So, my take on it is that if you only have the CM bundle you won't see the offer.

I specifically unchecked the "I want to receive Flux:: newsletter on my iLok email address", and I just got a confirmation that I subscribed to their newsletter.

Very annoying.

Robert Randolph wrote:I specifically unchecked the "I want to receive Flux:: newsletter on my iLok email address", and I just got a confirmation that I subscribed to their newsletter.

Very annoying.
Flux installation is also the most annoying and convoluted I have ever seen. Why the hell it needs Crapple Bonjour? They even don't have that many plugins so a separate software center seems like overkill.
No signature here!

ghettosynth wrote:So, my take on it is that if you only have the CM bundle you won't see the offer.
I fit that profile.

(Seeing as it's now January according to my stone circle, I've taken "December" out of the thread's title).

robotmonkey wrote:
Robert Randolph wrote:I specifically unchecked the "I want to receive Flux:: newsletter on my iLok email address", and I just got a confirmation that I subscribed to their newsletter.

Very annoying.
Flux installation is also the most annoying and convoluted I have ever seen. Why the hell it needs Crapple Bonjour? They even don't have that many plugins so a separate software center seems like overkill.
You think the installer's bad? Try using the plug-in. According to the demo video, you have to load a "sample grabber" (for some unexplained reason), and then the analyzer--as two separate pieces. And the actual analyzer didn't even show up as a plug-in when I installed it. Going back to Flux's site to see what kind of voodoo they expect to see to get the plug-in to install and work properly. :?

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

planetearth wrote:You think the installer's bad? Try using the plug-in. According to the demo video, you have to load a "sample grabber" (for some unexplained reason), and then the analyzer--as two separate pieces. And the actual analyzer didn't even show up as a plug-in when I installed it. Going back to Flux's site to see what kind of voodoo they expect to see to get the plug-in to install and work properly. Steve
Flux is a stand alone application. You need the Sample Grabber Vst plugin on your master bus to feed audio to the stand alone application.

1wob2many wrote:
planetearth wrote:You think the installer's bad? Try using the plug-in. According to the demo video, you have to load a "sample grabber" (for some unexplained reason), and then the analyzer--as two separate pieces. And the actual analyzer didn't even show up as a plug-in when I installed it. Going back to Flux's site to see what kind of voodoo they expect to see to get the plug-in to install and work properly. Steve
Flux is a stand alone application. You need the Sample Grabber Vst plugin on your master bus to feed audio to the stand alone application.
Yep. I've figured that out. Too bad there wasn't a damn manual with the thing. Thanks though, @1wob2many. :wink:

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Return to “Effects”