Glitchmachines Plugins - Anyone?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I would like to know if
ambient can be produeced from Polygon and/or Cataract.
I have all of the GM plugins. They are great for ambient. Just use a very slow tempo. You will be amazed at the depth and variety of sounds they make then.

cron wrote:Polygon is absolutely fantastic. Shame it's monophonic. It's sold as a 'spot machine' effect, but turns out to be one of the most powerful monophonic samplers around. Which kind of brings me to the downside (for me)...

The plugs largely feel like they're engineered to achieve a certain sound rather than being open-ended tools. Take Polygon for instance - it's difficult to pitch the audio accurately in grains mode, and for some of its life (IIRC this has now been fixed) actual transposition values didn't match what was shown on the GUI. It was purely engineered as a 'spot-effect' machine, and little things like the transposition bug slipping by indicate that there wasn't really any time invested as seeing it as possibly being anything other than a spot machine effect during development.

There are a lot of little niggles like this throughout the range which indicate a kind of narrowness of sonic focus during development. The sample pack I have of theirs has kind of the same issue. The samples are very severely top and tailed, and the natural decay of the sounds is never allowed to ring out. The shop described the usage case as 'granulator fodder' IIRC, and sure enough the samples are edited in such a way that leaves them pretty much unusable in any other context.

I'd still recommend their stuff despite this though. I own 5 or so things from them and I keep going back, despite the caveats. Quality plugs at a brilliant price if there's a certain sonic gap in your arsenal that needs filling.
Thanks cron - good insight here. Appreciated :tu:

I did notice their free samples are very often truncated. Too bad. But still usable, as you said, as fodder. And again, I like the samples themselves - and I'm assuming that they were created with their plugins, so that bodes well.

@pekbro - thanks. Yeah, do have a guitar.

I appreciate all the replies here, guys. Good stuff :tu:

ravasb wrote:I would like to know if
ambient can be produeced from Polygon and/or Cataract.

I have all of the GM plugins. They are great for ambient. Just use a very slow tempo. You will be amazed at the depth and variety of sounds they make then.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Now we're talking!
"amazed at the depth and variety of sounds they make then"
Now tempted to buy!

Oh, part of the reason I did not pull the trigger was the these plugins are monophonic!

In any case the sale is over.
Will wait for the next Black Friday.

I messed with (free) Glitchmachines plugins, but eventually couldn't make anything musical / usable with them. These are fun and inspirational, but their principle of operation seems to cryptic to me. :shrug: Deleted these just a few days ago.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

I have all of the plugins. They are great for sound design and aggressive weirdness. The only one that I don't ever use is the sampler. It's a bit time consuming to program for not a lot of payoff in my opinion. The modular rack thingy is spectacular as well as the three path distortion plugin. Really they are so cheap that unless you don't have use for insane distortions and bizarre broken buffer effects there's not much reason to not give them a try.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

DJ Warmonger wrote:I messed with (free) Glitchmachines plugins, but eventually couldn't make anything musical / usable with them. These are fun and inspirational, but their principle of operation seems to cryptic to me. :shrug: Deleted these just a few days ago.
My short experience with the 2 free ones - I'm able to get something usable out of them, but for things like creating little short sounds and hits. Sending something like a kick drum immediately followed by an FM bass through some of the presets in Hysteresis yielded some very cool things. Again, the idea being to record/resample back into the DAW, and then cut out the good stuff for reuse.

But I suppose it depends on what one is striving for. I was looking to take something good and make it better and more interesting, and it did take some effort to get there.

Anyway, unfortunately it seems that there's not a lot of videos available that show what the pay-for plugins can do, in the sense of before and after type of scenarios. The audio demos for these show that some interesting results can be achieved, but there's not a good sense of where someone started, particularly with regard to the effects plugins (vs "synth" plugins).

Hey, I'm sorry to reply on this old post, but I couldn't find much glitchmachines stuff online. But I have a problem with subvert. When I click the on boxes in each section, or it's already clicked, nothing turns on. I turn it off then turn it on again, but the module/section doesn't turn on. Is this a glitch or has anyone ever experienced this? I read though the manual and it didn't mention this.
Thanks

Deefex wrote:Hey, I'm sorry to reply on this old post, but I couldn't find much glitchmachines stuff online. But I have a problem with subvert. When I click the on boxes in each section, or it's already clicked, nothing turns on. I turn it off then turn it on again, but the module/section doesn't turn on. Is this a glitch or has anyone ever experienced this? I read though the manual and it didn't mention this.
Thanks
Sorry if you've already tried this, but bypass isn't engaged at the bottom on the channel you're adjusting is it?

hardwired wrote:Glitchmachines Quadrant $5

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... 4-Quadrant
Veeery interested in PALINDROME and Polygon and Cataract
But at $5 hard to pass up.
Yes I go it!
and
Hope that on Black Friday they have a sale on my favorite three that I cannot pass up.

Kalamata Kid wrote:
hardwired wrote:Glitchmachines Quadrant $5

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... 4-Quadrant
Veeery interested in PALINDROME and Polygon and Cataract
But at $5 hard to pass up.
Yes I go it!
and
Hope that on Black Friday they have a sale on my favorite three that I cannot pass up.
#MeToo

I had Quadrant when it was first released (under a different name, don’t remember the original name), it’s a hard one to use. But if you stick with it, you can do thing with it that you simply couldn’t do with anything else.

Plus, my experience with the developer was a good one, which is always a plus.

Okay so out of Quadrant, Fracture XT, and Cataract which one of them can I actually get a bar to glitch with like a Sugar Bytes effect because they're all on a $2 sale right now.

Fracture XT has been updated and now is avaiable with a new AND re-sizeable beautiful and most usable GUI. It´s a joy and the plugin is a blast anyway. :party:

I'm an Ambient Glitch producer. These plugins are geared more towards Electro and perhaps for Psytrance EFX. Most of the sounds are extremely obnoxious to me and I wouldn't ever use them.

dangayle wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:10 am I had Quadrant when it was first released (under a different name, don’t remember the original name), it’s a hard one to use.
Quadrant was released as Scope, but changed due to a trademark issue around April 2014. Apologies for the slight necro-reply.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

Return to “Effects”