MTurboReverb preset making action, let's make the ultimate reverb! ;)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MTurboReverb

I think I finally have got this right. As I am not a musician I cannot try this as it is intended.
It is heavily chorused and should be great for Electronica.
Can you guys test it for me.
Spencer
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hey folks, just a little blindtest:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 98&start=0
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Hey folks, just a little heads up, in the blindtest as soon as I revealed which is which, some jokers started to give votes to everything else that MTR, so I'm a little disappointed in the community and probably won't spend time with more blind tests. If you'd like I can try, but it's a bit pointeless to make a blindtest, that gets hacked... so... If you'd like, please do some yourselves, at least it will be "nonbiased", and don't forget to lock it right after you reveal which is which :D.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

To be honest I didn't like any of the examples like they were shown :D

2 was on of the best. 5 did a good job because it was pretty decent. 6 is a bit bright but not bad. 9 is evenly bright but has a lower bass which sound more decent too. 10 would sound nice if it was not 50% reverb :hihi: 13 is my least favorite one. 14/17 is like 2 but I would eq out more of the bass. 19 could be a good one too.

I think nearly all of them could work by adjusting the dry/wet and add a little bite of eq. But what's more important: it is very dependant on the input signal.

I definitely agree! Releasing stuff I had there would be, well, rather creative :D :D. But I wanted to find out what kinds of reverbs people like, and if you lower the drywet too much, not much will be left to compare. Hard to say... Anyways jokers messed up the results, and since I don't remember the accurate numbers, all is pretty much lost...
Edit: They probably didn't mess MTR results out, so I can use that to know what kinds of stuff from MTR people liked. Just ignore every other reverb.
Vojtech

I didn't have enough time to check the examples seriously. I remember saying to myself: "I must take the time to return to this", but now I see that the names have been already revealed…
Anyway, I remember liking 4 and 5 and disliking 11 (when the names of the reverbs were still hidden). I'm quite sure about this. The sound used as example was very strange and unusual for me (I never use the like in my music). Also… too rhythmical (I would prefer single notes or slow passages with various classical instruments).

MeldaProduction wrote:... probably won't spend time with more blind tests. If you'd like I can try ...
Please do more blindtests. MTR only, only one vote out of x possible and more of real world scenarios. The 3 second decay was good for listening how the tail sounds. But IMO that doesn't count. I have reverbs with really ugly tails but work in a mix.

Just lock it immediately next time if that's possible or take a screen shot.
But those haters are just SO pathetic!

Yes, but… quite the opposite is valid for me. For me, "real world" does not mean pop or rock music, so I would need examples with no drums, no electric bass, no electric guitars, and moreover no regular rhythms, please. And I would like long tails. If possible, each reverb tested with a low, a medium and a high-frequency sound. Piano short notes, string (violin, cello) short notes and solo voice short notes (bass, medium, high) would probably be the most useful examples in my case.

Ok, so obviously everyone wants something different :D. So either we can make each one separately, or create one "ultimate comparison signal", which everyone would be happy with , now that's a challenge :D.
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote:... So either we can make each one separately, or create one "ultimate comparison signal"...
I'm for separate specific application examples.

As I mentioned: MTR only. Offer different working tweaked MTR possible future presets to show how good and flexible your reverb is.

As I mentioned also: Only one vote out of x possible. In addition hide the results and disable posting in the thread till the end.

Next make a specific blindtest like XComposer wishes.
XComposer wrote:... I would need examples with no drums, no electric bass, no electric guitars, and moreover no regular rhythms, please. And I would like long tails. If possible, each reverb tested with a low, a medium and a high-frequency sound. Piano short notes, string (violin, cello) short notes and solo voice short notes (bass, medium, high) would probably be the most useful examples in my case.

MeldaProduction wrote:
Grunwaldt wrote:So when are we getting MTurboReverb officially? any ETA? within v11?
Yes, it will be released within V11, hard to say the exact date, hopefully during April ;)
It's May already, is there any update about this? Just can't wait to hear any news about it. So many great competitors now, from R4 to Nimbus, VSR S24 and Seventh Heaven Pro. It's exciting if MTurboReverb could combine the best parts of those reverbs or even surpassed it. Absolutely no easy task.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

Vojtech released a new v11 beta a few days ago which he hoped would be the last before release. So, maybe another month to go, but that's just guesswork.

Actually I think it's going to be very soon! ;) I hope within 14 days it should be out!
Vojtech

Counting hours now, time running so slow :) I like the look of the new version, almost like a new product. It's suitable for the birth of such a powerful reverb. Is there any plan to update the stock reverb and convolution matching the new standard? Those have a great potential as well.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

Return to “Effects”