Bias Pedal FREE

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

robotmonkey wrote:
rollasoc wrote:Sounded a lot better once I turned the amp simulations off. Clean blackface is horrible.
How the hell did you manage that? I can't turn off the amp sims as the knob does not switch off.

Played a bit with it and uninstalled. Sounds ok, but too many quirks.
It's another great example of "UI design" from Positive Grid. Whoever designs the user interface should have been fired a long time ago.

This is how it works:

- You have to press the big "AMP" button which opens another screen. There you drag and drop the amp away from the yellow line.

Yeah.. that's it. Nevermind the fact that the button beside the AMP button looks like all the others like the gate and lock.. which CAN BE turned off simply by pressing them.

Like I said, this company is bizarre. Good sounding stuff designed and executed by monkeys. Bizarre.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

I have Bias FX Le which i've registered but haven't downloaded yet. So is this included in that or is it seperate?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVmlgT ... subscriber

Advocator of free and open source software.

Paree wrote:I have Bias FX Le which i've registered but haven't downloaded yet. So is this included in that or is it seperate?
It's separate. Is this the Focusrite giveaway? I wouldn't even bother downloading it, it's as bad as this one. Sluggish UI, may or may not remember settings, only a small number of FX you can actually use (although it taunts you with all the ones you can't select). I uninstalled it pretty quickly. No wonder Bias are giving all this away, no bugger will buy them!
A bit fried in the higher freqs

bmanic wrote: EDIT: They are from USA, California. Makes no sense.
Got that right! California has been squandering Billions$
on a useless train system, rather than investing in water storage
infrastructure, where drought is the normal historic weather pattern,
and the population far exceeds even the available water resources
pirated from other states.

'Oh yeah? Well, we got's da Delta Smelt, so there. Take that!'

Back on topic, Bias are sure good at filling an inbox! If they can code
the mailings so well, maybe 'that guy/gal' will get promoted
to the plugin team :hihi:

bmanic wrote:
robotmonkey wrote:
rollasoc wrote:Sounded a lot better once I turned the amp simulations off. Clean blackface is horrible.
How the hell did you manage that? I can't turn off the amp sims as the knob does not switch off.

Played a bit with it and uninstalled. Sounds ok, but too many quirks.
It's another great example of "UI design" from Positive Grid. Whoever designs the user interface should have been fired a long time ago.

This is how it works:

- You have to press the big "AMP" button which opens another screen. There you drag and drop the amp away from the yellow line.

Yeah.. that's it. Nevermind the fact that the button beside the AMP button looks like all the others like the gate and lock.. which CAN BE turned off simply by pressing them.

Like I said, this company is bizarre. Good sounding stuff designed and executed by monkeys. Bizarre.
Thanks, did not figure that out myself. That's quirky enough. Thought that it was a bug and so did not bother to check the manual.
No signature here!

I haven't actually tried it yet (except to see if it would save settings) - so are you saying that BIAS pedal has an *amp* in the signal chain? That I have to figure out (by reading through this thread) how to disable?

I think I'll uninstall before I even find out ;-)
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

jbraner wrote:
I think I'll uninstall before I even find out ;-)
I´ll uninstall it before even downloading a single byte. :D

This is a gift from a dev, no matter how good or bad you think they are. Don't want it? Great! Don't download it, or uninstall it.
Somebody worked for this software and it was shared with us. Can we not behave like spoiled brats once in a while?
On kvr, guess not..

People can express their opinions if they want to. I have a bunch of issues with the company, not limited to losing bias desktop.

I agree that a gift should be taken as such, but let's face it, if it's that complex, it's going to turn people off.

andy4trance wrote:This is a gift from a dev, no matter how good or bad you think they are. Don't want it? Great! Don't download it, or uninstall it.
Somebody worked for this software and it was shared with us. Can we not behave like spoiled brats once in a while?
On kvr, guess not..
We're just working out how the free gift works :wink:
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

It's not about censorship of course, just some self restraint.
I am also a Bias Amp Desktop owner, and also pissed at how laggy that gui is, and how poorly that online preset sharing environment works, but I kinda saw these in the demo before buying. And I thought, and still do that it has something in it worth the (discounted) price...

But again, this is a gift thread, and the posted critique does not seem a constructive one, even if people didn't pay for it.

@jbraner
Yeah, right...
btw, that Bias knob that somebody also asked about before, has very little audible impact for me. But it must be something important as it is omnipresent in positive grid product names. What's the deal with it?

@andy4trance

Surely you understand that "the gift" is just a marketing gimmick, no? If not, you need a serious reality check.

.. and when something works this badly, it needs to be called out, free or not. Believe it or not, this is for the benefit of the developers. If I didn't like the product at all, I wouldn't waste a single word on it.

Here I find a hidden gem wrapped in a shit sandwich. I hope the developers fix the stinky parts, then I might consider parting with some $$$ for the gem.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Everyone just calm down!!!!!!!

Inhale (swwwwwwwwwwww) and ... exhale (phwwwwwwwwww) and ... repeat*. :hihi:

Come on we have this every time and then the next 3 - 5 pages are people trying to "convince" the other side who is right/wrong.

*If air isn't your thing, then feel free to use a substance :ud: )

Sure, I know the "there's no good deed" bs...
Reaper dev is also a jerk for selling a great daw for almost no money, and virtually no copy protection.

And even marketing moves like this one from PositiveGrid can have their reasons other than rapacious profit making, for example fight for survival.

I also want this software improved, fingers crossed they'll do it before customers lose interest.

Return to “Effects”