GrainSpace updated to v2.5 - Granular Reverb Processor - AAX, AU, CLAP, VST2, VST3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
GrainSpace

dumbledog wrote:Getting a huge Mutable Instruments Clouds vibe from this, right down to the knobs and GUI size. I have a Clouds so ordinarily I'd find this redundant...
I have been strongly considering picking up a Clouds. As soon as I saw this I immediately thought the same. Those sure do look like Rogan 1PS knobs, and a similar font to Mutable panels :lol:

I'm guessing there is not that much overlap though -- for instance, no freezing grains and then playing it back like a VCO via MIDI control (and lacks the modular infrastructure needed to then run the output through a VCA controlled by envelope, etc.) But I'll be firing up the demo tonight for sure.

It's funny, I tried replicating the shimmer piano reverb on my Clouds and I couldn't -- combining feedback and pitch shifting also shifts the feedback, so the tone continually increases. Maybe Oliverb from the Parasites firmware would fare better but Im pretty sure it's the same deal. So score one for this thing then.

Audiority wrote:Yes, a user area is on my 2017 ToDo list and hopefully it will be up and running within the next months.
Nice - have everything safely saved at the moment, but just in case :)

Fantastic plugin - GUI could be bigger though

Thanks aMUSEd. I'm planning to make resizable GUIs as soon as I get better on designing them (and get a better machine for the renderings!)

Cheers,
Luca

aMUSEd wrote:Fantastic plugin - GUI could be bigger though
Agreed...and I usually complain about GUIs being too big. Love the way it looks though. Nice and tidy :tu:

+1 on the resizable GUI (and retina support).
Demo looks awesome, thanks for this plugin. Puts an end to my "Clouds AU plugin" Google odyssey.
As somebody who doesn't own a Clouds, let me ask a dumb question: What are the differences exactly (apart from the CV jacks, obviously)?

Clouds' grain population is 40-60; it has the "density" control (which also includes random spacing) and ability to trigger a single grain; it lets you change the windowing algorithm and quality/sampling time settings; it lets you play frozen buffers like a VCO; it lets you adjust the stereo spread (for mono->stereo or stereo->stereo); it lets you save the buffer; it has a "Spectral Madness" mode; it has some additional features with the Parasites alternate firmware.

I don't have Clouds, but have researched buying it. After trying the GrainSpace demo I think their resemblance is pretty superficial; while it's good at a few things I decided I don't really need it.

Thanks. Sounds like a lot more (but also costs ten times more).
Have you considered implementing some of these features, Audiority?

Similar experiment as the last one, just with mbira loops.....

https://soundcloud.com/bryan-lake/audio ... experiment

I love them! Thanks!

Ok good, I wasn't the only one that thought "Clouds available in my computer!" but apparently some of you are saying that this isn't like that.

GrainSpace updated to v1.0.1
– Minor bug fixes
- More presets

To update download and install the demo version from the product page.

Cheers,
Luca

just want to say: brilliant plug in, very good sounding, I like it a lot ... and moderately priced. Thank you.

Return to “Effects”