Eventide "Structural Effects"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Physion

Eventide are about to announce/release their Structural Effect technology. There doesn't appear to be much about it anywhere else so I thought we could use this thread to post examples we find, techno-nuggets, and screenshots from anything to do with it.

this is what we have so far:
Structural Effects is Eventide's new patent-pending technique that can cleanly split a sound into its tonal and transient components. Each of the components can then be individually processed before recombining them.

"It'll be fun to watch as the industry grapples with something as ground-breaking and revolutionary as Structural Effects," said Eventide's Tony Agnello. "The technique makes it possible to mess with sounds in ways that we've only dreamt of. In fact, we're getting results from testers that defy our imaginations. We can't wait to hear the sounds that artists and sound designers will create as they explore the new world of structural effects."
And a completely non-technical marketing experience:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Bay1Yt-6vU

CinningBao wrote:Each of the components can then be individually processed before recombining them.
This is definitely the bit I'm interested in - Wondering what processing freedom we'll have between the split and recombining, will we be able to use third party processing effects or just be tied in with what's supplied in the plugin?

Eventide make awesome stuff and I'm really interested to hear what can be done with it.
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

Mmm just done some research on the SuperVPSynth made by IRCAM which is a sampler that splits a sample into tone/noise/transient components, which then led me to this max for live device splitting things into tone/transients: http://vud.org/m4l.html

Wonder if having two grouped audio tracks (one running through each extreme setting of the plugin) would do the same thing ?

IRCAM's TS product uses the SuperVP technology to stretch/shift audio pretty darn well

http://www.plugivery.com/products/p1680-TS/

I'm hoping the type of extraction/manipulation is on a par with the new Melodyne algorithms (resynthesis sines mapped to content frequencies rather than the standard logarithmic FFT distribution of sines) which _could_ mean seperation of guitar strings, or a _really good_ seperation of noise and tone components of drums.. that's the dream

shroom81 wrote:Eventide make awesome stuff and I'm really interested to hear what can be done with it.
Yes, very excited to check this out.
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

This is really interesting

IRCAM Stretch inside Falcon splits the signal into 3 components: Noise/Transients/Sines - each component has it's dedicated volume slider which can be modulated with any of the available modulation sources.

So does Alchemy, so did Cameleon too actually

Well this seems interesting, I cant help but think they might
have missed an opportunity to build in some more interesting
effects here though. Granular maybe, or some other kinds of re-synthesis...

Could you not do this in Ableton with effect racks - run two chains, one with the transient, one with the sustain, add different fx after each? Certainly a greater variety of options post-split...

Looks uncannily close to Unfiltered Audio plugin designs

Very interesting concept, new to me. Another thing on want list.
pekbro wrote:Well this seems interesting, I cant help but think they might
have missed an opportunity to build in some more interesting
effects here though. Granular maybe, or some other kinds of re-synthesis...
Yes, but you shoudl be able to use empty effect chain just to strip transient or body for further processing in your own chain :)
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Return to “Effects”