what do you think of stagecraft plugins ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello people , I ve just seen on Jrrshop some free soundcraft plugins , I have seen video of them on youtube , it seems to be very good , but I find nothing about the not free plugins, someone here .Someone here have some of it and can tell me what he think ? Thx
Last edited by hivkorn on Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You can download demos for their plugs at Plugin Boutique if you want to give them a try yourself http://www.pluginboutique.com/manufactu ... Stagecraft

hivkorn wrote:Hello people , I ve just seen on Jrrshop some free soundcraft plugins , I have seen video of them on youtube , it seems to be very good , but I find nothing about the not free plugins, someone here .Someone here have some of it and can tell me what he think ? Thx
Do you mean Stagecraft ?

If so, I only "tried" to use the free ones , I really tried to like them , but on W7 there is so much wrong with the modulation part of them, esp. the AutoFilter ( when you add targets you can't choose them etc) so I "almost" gave up.

My opinion on some of them:

Their "Glitch Machine" is one the best alternatives I know for Ableton's Beat Repeater. I like the results I get playing with it, simple and easy.

The Overdrive one is nice to make things loud when used at low settings, but not mind-blowing or anything.

Didn't like the Ring Modulator that much, though it does have lots of modulation options. May be good for more digital stuff (well, because it sounds very digital).

(The convolution plugin did not accept drag-n-drop of WAV/AIFF files, that's a strong pet peeve of mine, so I uninstalled the demo immediately after testing that.)

I love Stagecraft Delay: http://www.stagecraftsoftware.com/products/delay/

It's free*, incredibly flexible and huge amounts of fun. It can go from standard delays to insanity. And has become my go to delay (for the time being).

I've not yet tried the 2 other free* plugins:

http://www.stagecraftsoftware.com/products/bitcrusher/

http://www.stagecraftsoftware.com/products/autofilter/

* Idiot boy! I now realise I answered exactly the wrong question. :oops:
Last edited by 1wob2many on Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

They seem like they have some nice plugins. They have some ridiculous claims on their site though. Claiming that your plugin in "the only plugin" that does this or that is tricky. In all cases on their site the claim was false. The freebies seem fun, but I have all that covered already. I would buy their neat collection of Impulses if I didn't have to have their playback system. The DJ software they have seems to be very well thought out. I don't have any plans to actually look any deeper at this stuff, but if it's well programmed as far as stability and CPU usage goes, then it's well designed and probably pretty okay.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

I've tried out just about everything over the last few years, and I'm firmly in the less is more camp. I've started really narrowing down what I use based on 1) low latency 2) Quality 3) simplicity 4) flexibility. I'm so much happier and more productive. So what does this have to do with this thread? -well...try yes, but decide on something that suites your needs, like I have with mine and stick with it for a while. It will show you that it's flexible in only a few mixing sessions. Also, don't expect newer companies to compete with older ones while they are new..it just won't happen. There are a few that do IMO.-but they have history with other companies. Overtone DSP comes to mind as a maker who I can use all day long and not think twice, sure I replace them with better most of the time, but they are very useable for a low cost...sometimes they stay. As always, off-topic-and to the point :)

Ah_Dziz wrote:They have some ridiculous claims on their site though.
Which developer doesn't? :hihi:

Some great ideas for plugins and software, also some of the most buggiest pieces of crap ever made, have reported everything to the developer to which he always replies, no other reports of this, to which at one point it annoyed me so much (Tested on 5 different computers) that i got an entire IRC chat channel to test and they all had the issue, to which the developer replied, there are no other reports of this.
Its a shame, if he spent the time supporting the developments they would be excellent.
(I am talking about the payware by the way, not the free stuff)
Duh

Never heard of them, first time. Thanks for the info.

Will try the RigMod even if I don't think it does & offers more than other ring modulation plugins. Who knows!

Return to “Effects”