Cytomic "The Scream" stomp box distortion plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Scream

After copying and pasting the challenge code and downloading the authorization file, the authorization text file just says "error: file not found".

Windows 7 x64
REAPER 4.40 x64

-mel

Andy, since UAD released new SSL bus comp emu...they modeled everything from bottom to top (all analog goodness, thd, nonlinearities, etc) People praise it like crazy! Dont you think Glue deserves such update as well? I have no doubt you can do it better than them.

HcDoom wrote:Andy, since UAD released new SSL bus comp emu...they modeled everything from bottom to top (all analog goodness, thd, nonlinearities, etc) People praise it like crazy! Dont you think Glue deserves such update as well? I have no doubt you can do it better than them.
Yeah, that update got me salivating for The Glue 2 as well. And, hey, the MOD in Scream is so cool, maybe there's a way to get mods into The Glue too. For example, I would LOVE to try to play with the Auto setting. There are two capacitors in the schematics, for the fast and slow stages of AR and it would be incredibly cool to be able to play with those. And of course different output amps, maybe a transformer on output.
If The Glue 2 (or maybe NextGen Glue) turns out with same customization features and quality as Scream, I will accept it as a paid upgrade.

HcDoom wrote:Andy, since UAD released new SSL bus comp emu...they modeled everything from bottom to top (all analog goodness, thd, nonlinearities, etc) People praise it like crazy! Dont you think Glue deserves such update as well? I have no doubt you can do it better than them.
It certainly does :) I'll make it like The Drop, where there is an HD button to engage the extra detailed modelling. There will also be an option to automatically switch to HD model on offline render, just like The Drop has.
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

meloco_go wrote:
Yeah, that update got me salivating for The Glue 2 as well. And, hey, the MOD in Scream is so cool, maybe there's a way to get mods into The Glue too. For example, I would LOVE to try to play with the Auto setting. There are two capacitors in the schematics, for the fast and slow stages of AR and it would be incredibly cool to be able to play with those. And of course different output amps, maybe a transformer on output.
If The Glue 2 (or maybe NextGen Glue) turns out with same customization features and quality as Scream, I will accept it as a paid upgrade.
Good idea with regards mods for the auto release, would be easy to also adjust the attack and normal release resistors. The key with the SSL bus comp is modelling the buffering stages and also the VCA, adding detailed models of all the op-amps would just slam the CPU for not much gain, as it's only when op-amps are pushed in terms of differential gain that much distortion and other non-idealities come into play.

News update: The Scream v1.0.5 is ready for download. Anyone previously experiencing issues on Win32 please try this out, everything should now be fixed. I've also got the Copy A->B fixed so it also copies the mods.

www.cytomic.com/scream

If this does fix the last remaining issues then it won't be long before I can take this out of Beta. Thanks for everyone's input thus far :tu:

andy-cytomic wrote:News update: The Scream v1.0.5 is ready for download. Anyone previously experiencing issues on Win32 please try this out, everything should now be fixed. I've also got the Copy A->B fixed so it also copies the mods.

http://www.cytomic.com/scream

If this does fix the last remaining issues then it won't be long before I can take this out of Beta. Thanks for everyone's input thus far :tu:
Looking forward to a version with some presets for some of these mods. I've experimented some on my own, but I have no idea what I'm doing. Look forward to what you come up with Andy.

andy-cytomic wrote:News update: The Scream v1.0.5 is ready for download. Anyone previously experiencing issues on Win32 please try this out, everything should now be fixed. I've also got the Copy A->B fixed so it also copies the mods.

Works fine!

spunkmuffin wrote:Andy didn't say it sounded bad. Here's what he wrote:
andy-cytomic wrote:In my testing I found the Plugin Alliance bx_greenscreamer sounded the least like an analog TS808 tube screamer of almost all products I tested. I found the best sounding one to be the free Mercuriall TSC, which is too low passed at the top end, but overall the closest in tone, apart from The Scream, to the analog units I've used. If you want low CPU and like the tone of the bx_greenscreamer then please use it. If you want something like sounds like an actual tube screamer pedal then I would use something else.

The Scream is the most accurate emulation, and super deep since you can modify every parameter of every component in the entire model to create amazing sounds. You can adjust the battery voltage and bias position to for all kinds of create effects, and switch between arbitrary sets of diodes, or even bypass them completely to get a TS9 TURBO sound. Nothing else comes even close to what The Scream offers in terms of tone and customisation, but it does take more CPU, there is always a tradeoff! To lower CPU you can disable oversampling, it takes around 6% CPU on my laptop without oversampling.
I guess sometimes the truth hurts. :hihi:
hey :idiot:
read again what i wrote.
I don't care about you, but don't try to piss me off. .. u got that?
- WonderEcho -

Melvin J. wrote:After copying and pasting the challenge code and downloading the authorization file, the authorization text file just says "error: file not found".

Windows 7 x64
REAPER 4.40 x64

-mel
------------------
You answer to the saliva dripping posts but will ignore his problem.
2nd time i look into this thread.. and i wonder.. a bit..again.
- WonderEcho -

Thanks Andy - it fixed the issue I had with Ableton Live 8, 32bit (earlier in the thread) :phones:

Win32 works now for me :D
as i'm into bass fuzz and overdrive effects at the moment i approached it from this angle.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yoyulj2j7ud7q ... z.mp3?dl=0
LeXTAC with dimed poweramp section and Bassman Redwirez IR. first without then with The Scream in front of the chain.
let's say i wouldn't kick this out of bed if it came in a stompbox form :D
that thing is bloody versatile :D
"Dont mistake your inability to understand how this happens for it actualy being imposible. " - nollock

Deleting The Scream sometimes causes an instant crash on Reaper x64 (Win 7). There's not even an "End process" popup; the DAW window just disappears. Same also can happen if I remove a track with The Scream on it, or toggle it offline. One way to consistently reproduce this is loading a preset from the Reaper wrapper window dropdown, then toggling the effect offline with ctrl+shift+click.

Also there's some nasty pops when loading presets, at least with Reaper's dropdown menu.

andy-cytomic wrote:
It certainly does :) I'll make it like The Drop, where there is an HD button to engage the extra detailed modelling. There will also be an option to automatically switch to HD model on offline render, just like The Drop has.
why not modeling another comp? lets say API 2500 maybe?
or most people prefer ssl?

Just want to throw in my own praise for The Scream. I've already used the beta in my own and in client mix work. Really great plugin. Haven't experienced any issues, it's been totally solid.

Annnnd... the idea of an update to The Glue has me salivating uncontrollably. That would be amazing. It's been on virtually every project I've done since it was also in beta.

Return to “Effects”