New things from Unfiltered Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Lesha wrote:
thelizard wrote:Hey everyone, just a quick note that my communication speeds will be slow until Monday or so. We're prepping for a potentially bad hurricane here in Houston, so I'm running around and taking care of last-minute prepping errands before the storm hits tomorrow/Saturday. The storm has potential to knock out power/internet for a few days. I will ask Josh (Amusesmile) to post updates. I'll still post here periodically while I have a connection.
Take care man, hope everything goes fine there.
+1
rsp
sound sculptist

Take care, Lizard aka Rider of the Storm

thelizard wrote:We're working on it. The issue with FLStudio is that it automatically mixes every channel of multi-output plugins together by default. G8 outputs 3/4 are "Reject Outs," or the inverse of the gated signal. In FL, this has the annoying side effect of giving you your dry signal (as the wet signal and its inverse are summed together). The update will have an option to mute the Reject Outputs, which should fix this behavior.
Awesome. Indeed, that option should solve the issue. Muchas gracias :tu:

Plugin Alliance wrote:And sinkmusic, there are technical reasons why you can't directly upgrade from Indent to Indent 2.0 that I won't get into, but when you upgrade to Dent 2.0, you'll also get Indent 2.0, and you certainly don't have to use Dent 2.0! :D
Ok, it's good to know that there are technical reasons behind, and not just marketting.
I ended up getting both :P
Plugin Alliance wrote:By the way -- I'm assuming that you all knew what I meant, but I should probably clarify that when I said "People who didn't pay for Indent," I should have said "Indent owners who didn't pay for Indent."
Yes, imho, and on a side, making things clear from the start (and not making people wait, wonder, expect) help a lot. I still don't understand why it was not clearly specified either in the user area, the website or the newsletter :?:

Thank you for the clarification.

Harry_HH wrote:BTW, concerning the user presets, "save preset" default path of the Dent 2 is strange.
What is the correct Dent 2 preset location (Win 10), checked the obvious suspects, no luck?
I missed responding to this earlier.

Windows presets are in %APPDATA%\UnfilteredAudio

As a heads up to people saying that their User folder is grey: you'll need to copy-paste your presets from the "Dent" directory to the "Dent2" directory. We created a new folder so that presets saved with Dent2 wouldn't get mixed up with old Dent presets. This is a safety measure for users who are using both versions simultaneously.

thelizard wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:BTW, concerning the user presets, "save preset" default path of the Dent 2 is strange.
What is the correct Dent 2 preset location (Win 10), checked the obvious suspects, no luck?
I missed responding to this earlier.

Windows presets are in %APPDATA%\UnfilteredAudio
OK. I suggest in the next update you add an option "save in the preset list", as many plugins have. Now the default location is not the one you say.

thelizard wrote:Yes! Y'all finally got the hidden Batman pun in Dent :hihi: It's a "two-faced" distortion. I think Fault is our only plugin name that isn't a pun or pop culture reference.

For people that received Indent for free during last year's promotion: you'll receive a very nice upgrade offer to Dent 2 and Indent 2 through your e-mail.

For people that purchased Indent: you should already have Indent 2 in your account. You will receive an upgrade offer for Dent 2.

For people that purchased Dent: Both Indent 2 and Dent 2 should be in your account.
This is a pleasant surprise! Thank you so much for the generous approach to updates! :tu:

thelizard wrote:Hey everyone, just a quick note that my communication speeds will be slow until Monday or so. We're prepping for a potentially bad hurricane here in Houston, so I'm running around and taking care of last-minute prepping errands before the storm hits tomorrow/Saturday. The storm has potential to knock out power/internet for a few days. I will ask Josh (Amusesmile) to post updates. I'll still post here periodically while I have a connection.
Update: most of the storm hit while we were asleep last night. We got some hail and high wind, but no damage to our apartment. It's been very quiet here today, as our section of Houston was spared completely. It's crazy looking at a map: there were humongous, dangerous storm bands on both sides of us just a mile or two away. I think that we're pretty much out of the woods for losing electricity and/or internet, but the next few days will be rainy with a chance of localized flooding.

We were very lucky. The damage elsewhere has been horrifying.

thelizard wrote:
Update: most of the storm hit while we were asleep last night. We got some hail and high wind, but no damage to our apartment. It's been very quiet here today, as our section of Houston was spared completely. It's crazy looking at a map: there were humongous, dangerous storm bands on both sides of us just a mile or two away. I think that we're pretty much out of the woods for losing electricity and/or internet, but the next few days will be rainy with a chance of localized flooding.

Good to hear that you are safe :)

virtualpt wrote:
thelizard wrote:

Good to hear that you are safe :)
Glad to hear that too! Looked quite devestating from what I've seen, sometimes you just need a little bit of luck :)

sometimes a little luck is the best scenario. glad you're ok. hopefully affected areas can recover quickly.

Well, I was a bit premature with my last status update. We are still safe, but we had massive flooding overnight. There's currently a river flowing down the street in front of our apartment building, and the ground floor is partially flooded. Thankfully, we prepped for this and have a lot of supplies. Judging by the severity of the flooding, I'm operating under the assumption that power will be out by tonight, but maybe we'll be lucky. It may be a few days before I post here. Again, I'll send updates to Josh (Amusesmile).

Stay safe, I hope the "Dry/Wet Balance" improves right quick!

Stay safe Michael. Just reading about the storms now and it looks absolutely awful. Been on a trip and out of the loop for a few days. Fingers crossed that some semblance of normality returns to everyone affected ASAP. :hug:

Hope the situation will soon be better for all those affected. Glad to hear you guys are safe.
Best

Return to “Effects”