Plugin Alliance - Black Box Analog Design HG-2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Been demoing it. Probably the most accurate tube emulation I've heard, but not $150 good. I'm fine with 75% accuracy for $100 less. :)

faceaband-YLVR5K code will knock 50$ off purchases over 100$ so are you willing to pay 100$ ? :D
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

The code didn't work when I tried it last night. Can anyone else verify that it works?
It said it added it but removed it automatically. I've never used it before, though.

Does anyone know when that code expires? Also when the hg-2 promo price ends? I missed their flash sale on their cheapie plugins to knock the price down to like $58ish which makes it viable for me. I hope they have another flash sale soon.

I did try it on another deal and it did not work but I thought it just didn't work for that particular deal.

But I've seen people over at Gearslutz using it and adding bunch of 9$ plugins to get the blackbox for 56$...

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-pro ... in-16.html

Edit; I was wrong he was using the coupon from the newsletter, post #479
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

cprompt wrote:Email them if you think you owed a voucher, they seem pretty receptive to that.
Don't do that. I did it and they just told me that I should have gotten the voucher in their newsletter. They must be tired of people asking.
masterhiggins wrote:The code didn't work when I tried it last night. Can anyone else verify that it works?
It said it added it but removed it automatically. I've never used it before, though.

Does anyone know when that code expires? Also when the hg-2 promo price ends? I missed their flash sale on their cheapie plugins to knock the price down to like $58ish which makes it viable for me. I hope they have another flash sale soon.
Hi, I registered since I saw you having some trouble that I've solved. The "faceaband" coupon does not work towards the HG-2, but it works towards other products! So add something else you want to your cart too, and then the coupon will work! That is what I did about a week ago and I just tried it again. It still works!

HG-2 intro $149 price lasts until the end of February then it goes $249.

The Faceaband coupon says "Facebook Abandoned Cart Offer" so I have no idea how long it will last. I have no idea what the coupon even refers to or where it came from! What does Facebook have to do with the Plugin Alliance store cart? I found it on the cakewalk forum.

I would act now if I were you. Hope this helps. The HG-2 is probably the best sounding plugin I have ever heard. But I seriously hope they will add the mentioned mid/side and extra density controls to it. Those ideas give me hope. The current workflow is very annoying with constantly moving three different knobs right now. :\

A lot of the times after I've finally level matched the saturated signal, it turns out I didn't saturate it enough and can barely hear any difference when I bypass it, and that it was just the volume boost that made me think the saturation was enough. Density sort of solves that, but I want control over density per tube so that I can do that trick for the pentode and triode individually, to get either more pentode or more triode, instead of always more of both. That change would be great!

Thanks for that info. I added indent (even though I already have it). It drops the price down to $92.50. Too bad I missed the attacker/cheapie $9 plugs. f**k. I hope they have a weekend flash sale on something else. :)

I got in during the flash sale and got a bunch of stuff for $61. :)

AFAIK, the only things on sale for the remainder of the HG-2 promo are the Unfiltered Audio plugs. Hope that helps...

masterhiggins wrote:Thanks for that info. I added indent (even though I already have it). It drops the price down to $92.50. Too bad I missed the attacker/cheapie $9 plugs. f**k. I hope they have a weekend flash sale on something else. :)
Happy to help! Try that thing you just did but with bx_tuner ($19) instead of Indent ($29). :wink:

Mate, I missed out on the cheapie $9 plugs too. I had them in the cart but the prices reset to normal a few minutes before I was done with checkout. But then I remembered that this is life, and that I am alive in on a planet spinning around a huge ball of fire, in a mysterious universe which somehow arose from nothing, and I thought "Oh, who gives a shit about some Earth-bucks", and placed the order anyway! :hyper: :lol:

Temptin wrote:
masterhiggins wrote:Thanks for that info. I added indent (even though I already have it). It drops the price down to $92.50. Too bad I missed the attacker/cheapie $9 plugs. f**k. I hope they have a weekend flash sale on something else. :)
Happy to help! Try that thing you just did but with bx_tuner ($19) instead of Indent ($29). :wink:

Mate, I missed out on the cheapie $9 plugs too. I had them in the cart but the prices reset to normal a few minutes before I was done with checkout. But then I remembered that this is life, and that I am alive in on a planet spinning around a huge ball of fire, in a mysterious universe which somehow arose from nothing, and I thought "Oh, who gives a shit about some Earth-bucks", and placed the order anyway! :hyper: :lol:
Damn, I didn't even see the bx_tuner. Thanks again! It brings it down to $84.40. A lot more doable, but I'll see if they launch another sale thingy soon. They seem to spit out sales like no tomorrow. :)

masterhiggins wrote:Damn, I didn't even see the bx_tuner. Thanks again! It brings it down to $84.40. A lot more doable, but I'll see if they launch another sale thingy soon. They seem to spit out sales like no tomorrow. :)
True, they spit out sales so much that they're setting a dangerous precedent. 8)

I think you should act at $84.40, at least if you think you will find any use for this super warm tube emulator, whose harmonics add detail and clarity to your music without sounding EQ'd. Otherwise you are going to massively regret that you didn't buy this now at $84.40 when you had the chance (before it went up to $249 regular price). Compare $84.40 to something like $3000 for actual analog tube hardware!

There's only three days left until the $149 intro price ends... Do you want to wait for years for the next sale? I didn't. 3 years of agonizing wait is not worth saving 20-30 bucks to me (and by then, the $50 voucher will most likely be gone forever, so you'd actually be paying more after all those years). So even though I missed out on the $9 fluff to stuff my cart with, I still went for it. Very happy I did. Now I'll have fun for the whole 2-3 years that someone else agonizes over trying to find a slightly better (but probably worse by then) deal. :love:

masterhiggins wrote:Damn, I didn't even see the bx_tuner. Thanks again! It brings it down to $84.40. A lot more doable, but I'll see if they launch another sale thingy soon. They seem to spit out sales like no tomorrow. :)
PA sent out an email at the beginning of the month showing a schedule of their sales. The Unfiltered Audio stuff is the last sale they're running this month so don't wait on this deal.

Wow!? Big things are happening with at the slutty place! :o

You can read more here:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-pro ... st12467098

sidrat wrote:
PA sent out an email at the beginning of the month showing a schedule of their sales. The Unfiltered Audio stuff is the last sale they're running this month so don't wait on this deal.
Oh so that's what that email was, I didn't read it. Then @masterhiggins should buy it now. Next chance will probably take 2-3 years and still cost more than it does now during the intro price since I doubt the $50 coupon will still exist by then.

K thanks for the tip. Appreciate it. :)

Temptin wrote:
sidrat wrote:
Oh so that's what that email was, I didn't read it. Then @masterhiggins should buy it now. Next chance will probably take 2-3 years and still cost more than it does now during the intro price since I doubt the $50 coupon will still exist by then.
Yup. Their top plugins are barely on sale. Even with 50% off it will be $125 and I wouldn't expect more than 25 to 30% sale.
I stretched my budget to get actual deal even that I promised myself to not buy anymore plugins till summer :ud: I'm weak but this plugin rise quality level of my mixes so much that I couldn't resist 8)

Return to “Effects”