Multiband limiter

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anybody use a multiband limiter? If so, do you have any faves?

[Mod edit: Quoted spam removed.]
djmino02 wrote:Anybody use a multiband limiter? If so, do you have any faves?
Not strictly a limiter, but Tokyo Dawn's Nova can kinda work like one if you crank up the ratio - it's a dynamic multiband EQ and it's great - the more I use it, the more I'm impressed by its versatility.

http://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-nova/

DMG Audio Limitless:

https://dmgaudio.com/limitless

that or its single band little big brother Tracklimit:

https://dmgaudio.com/tracklimit

they sound fantastic!! read into how they work. they handle transients different from the rest of the signal.

Nice! These look pretty rad.

The only results Google was giving me was for waves and melda

Limitless all the way - the cream of the crop.

IK Quad-Lim, IK Classic Multiband Limiter, C6, L3 Multimaximiser, L3-16... Except I havent had cause to use these a lot. Not yet anyway.

I'd actually be interested in putting the L3-16 back to back with the McDSP ML8000. If I didn't already have too many plugins I would be snatching the McDSP stuff up myself!! Quite a lot there that is impressive.

DMG Audio Limitless is by far the most flexible and transparent in my opinion. It can also be used in single band mode (at least the first release stage.. not sure about the second one if it follows suite).
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Sonnox inflator is essentially a multiband limiter, right?

Waves L3. It gets negative attention quite a lot but I really believe this is from people who really don't know how to use it. Extremely useful for redistributing energy when it is required.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

djmino02 wrote:Sonnox inflator is essentially a multiband limiter, right?
No it isn't. Different technique, although it might yield the same sort of results at first glance.

Also FabFilter Pro-MB can be set to 100:1 ratio, so essentially a limiter. With look-a-head enabled it can act as a brick wall limiter as well. It's super flexible and a very useful plugin in it's own right as a compressor and especially as a multiband expander (which is super useful for live drums processing, especially keeping bleed in check).
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

I use a bunch of (Fruity Parametric EQ 2) + (Fruity Limiter) instances in (Patcher) .

bmanic wrote:Also FabFilter Pro-MB can be set to 100:1 ratio, so essentially a limiter. With look-a-head enabled it can act as a brick wall limiter as well. It's super flexible and a very useful plugin in it's own right as a compressor and especially as a multiband expander (which is super useful for live drums processing, especially keeping bleed in check).
Sidestepping a little bit from the topic if i may, what multiband compressor do you really like, except Pro-MB?

Return to “Effects”