VST to hold or auto level a RMS/Peak value to compare effects?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm searching a free or at least cheep (50€ max) vst plugin that can detect a rms/peak level and hold this level for any given input level. Something like the auto level function for hofa a/b compare, but as a insert and in realtime.

I need some kind of automatic leveling to compare compressor settings at the same volume. So far I have not found too much much that really worked. Until now I do it manually, but I would like to enhance my workflow a bit.

Any idea or experiance with something?

TBP pro audio ab_lm

The TBP page seems down or at least the shop. :/

The download page is still there, tho. Perhaps try the demo?

I tried the demo. This is almost want I want. I only moss that you can set to compare also peak level (sometimes I want same peak, sometimes same RMS). The main problem is that I had already two crashed in ableton unfortunately. Not sure if this is the plugin. :P

Also I can't find a way to set the reference level the incoming one in the reviver. I want exactly the loudness before my FX, not same fix value like -20dbfs. Investigating!

But I really like the A/B button to compare the processed uncompressed very fast

https://www.meldaproduction.com/MCompare

Yes I know its' above your budget but since Melda does 50% off drives every month I though it could get a pass.

However I have not spent much time with it so I cant say if it cover all your needs regarding Peak and so, but might be worth checking out.

A less advanced and more manual laboured way would be HoRNet VU or LU Meter where you can set desired RMS and Maximum Peak... (edit to clarify: It will choose the first one to reach your settings)

https://www.hornetplugins.com/plugins/h ... meter-mk3/
https://www.hornetplugins.com/plugins/hornet-lu-meter/
Last edited by Kr3eM on Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks for the ideas guys.

The mCompare has some really nice feature, the blind compare is epic. I think melda is great quality stuff, but their guis look s really old school in a bad way I have to say.

ab_lm has also it's strength.
The main problem is that I had already two crashed in ableton unfortunately. Not sure if this is the plugin. :P
It never happend again after this. So I think it's not this plugin. I want want to spread bad rumors about this!

midi_transmission wrote:... but their guis look s really old school in a bad way I have to say.
Won't argue with that, but v11 is soon to be released and from what I have seen there will be improvement on the GUI. (You can probably find some beta screenshots in their forum)

Personally I went with commercial skin
http://www.satyatunes.com/web/skyblue.php

About RMS/Peak options on level match, iirc TBPA's free dpmeter2 can do that manually with a single click. Make sure to read the manual before trying, to prevent volume overload.

crimsonmerry wrote:About RMS/Peak options on level match, iirc TBPA's free dpmeter2 can do that manually with a single click. Make sure to read the manual before trying, to prevent volume overload.
If I understood the manual you have to choose either Max Peak or RMS with the single click.

"By clicking on measurement descriptions the current
value with be matched with the
reference level. " - from the Manual

So I just wanted to make my earlier comment about HoRNet VU & LU Meter more clear. The autogain function is not either RMS or Peak, it's both.

It will choose the first one to hit/reach your settings which will be depending on the material.

midi_transmission wrote:The TBP page seems down or at least the shop. :/
Shop is online again :-)

crimsonmerry wrote:About RMS/Peak options on level match, iirc TBPA's free dpmeter2 can do that manually with a single click. Make sure to read the manual before trying, to prevent volume overload.
shift+mouse click :tu:

Return to “Effects”