Reverb Recommendation?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've mentioned it before, but will again emphatically: Softube's TSAR-1 is excellent, not emulating anything yet everything at the same time. The controls are extremely intuitive, even more so than the UAD EMT 250, and that's saying a lot. The sound is pristine, and the CPU usage rate barely registers anything on my iMac Retina's Activity Monitor.

I really like the way in which the GUI splits the ER from the tail; it's just one control and a percentage rate. Some of the Valhalla units are similar, however not the Plate.
Last edited by musiclover55547 on Sun May 28, 2017 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
* AKAI, KRK, UAD, Softube Vol 1, Soundtoys
* Live, Logic, Serum, Spire, Dune 2, Hive

MTurboreverb was just released and AFAIK it is the most versatile reverb ever made. It also sound wonderful. I made a video showing a few sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W19jJNB3a0

The best part is you have control over everything. Its a tweakers dream, but if you just want a nice easy to use reverb it can do that too.

Chandlerhimself wrote:MTurboreverb was just released and AFAIK it is the most versatile reverb ever made. It also sound wonderful. I made a video showing a few sounds.

The best part is you have control over everything. Its a tweakers dream, but if you just want a nice easy to use reverb it can do that too.
The GUI is unimpressive to say the least, thus this Reverb model is not a contender in my book.

Same feeling here. We're simply spoiled by beautiful reverbs from FabFilter and Zynaptiq.

Fleer wrote:Same feeling here. We're simply spoiled by beautiful reverbs from FabFilter and Zynaptiq.
I've hear that Adaptiverb is quite good but way CPU hungry, however. That's not good if not on DSP.

I'll use the UAD Reverbs plus a few select, non-invasive CPU Native options such as TSAR-1 or the Valhallas.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/12074265-post19.html
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/12075169-post31.html
Last edited by musiclover55547 on Sun May 28, 2017 2:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

To each his own. Sound, versatility and price are more important than GUI to me. Pro-R looks really nice, but the features and sound where underwhelming to me. Adaptiverb is cool, but IMO its a one trick pony.

Chandlerhimself wrote:MTurboreverb was just released and AFAIK it is the most versatile reverb ever made. It also sound wonderful. I made a video showing a few sounds.

One thing is for sure

DO WANT GUITAR SHOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chandlerhimself wrote:To each his own. Sound, versatility and price are more important than GUI to me. Pro-R looks really nice, but the features and sound where underwhelming to me. Adaptiverb is cool, but IMO its a one trick pony.
The UAD & Softube Models are extremely good sonically. You make the call:
by default 37 copy.jpg
OR This
by default 37 copy 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by musiclover55547 on Sun May 28, 2017 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

And:
by default 37 copy 3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

incubus wrote: One thing is for sure

DO WANT GUITAR SHOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love that guitar. I've had it for close to 10 years now and its my go to. I really should give me Caparison more love though.

@musiclover55547 - I actually hate those GUI, but to each his own. I understand they are going for the vintage thing, but I've never owned the hardware and that old style looks goofy to me. It reminds me of something in my parents attic. Of course if you used the hardware before I can understand how it might be comforting and easy to use. As far as sound goes, I haven't used them, though I've heard they sound wonderful.

Chandlerhimself wrote:I really should give me Caparison more love though.
God I hate you :lol:

I can't get those here, really really wanted one once (I'm sure they are way out of my reach now)

Anyways, back to reverbs :)

Not getting a lot of love around here it seems, but for me:

I tried so many reverbs by now in a certain budget area and I finally settled with this. There are very few reverbs that I found that blend that well with the original signal and this does it best for me. Algo by Softube obviously, but never got into TSAR (or any of their other products). Plus, it's nice if you raise the mid tail and suddenly realize that it can do an infinite tail. :D

Or maybe... maybe when it comes to reverbs, it's almost like synths nowadays... way too many options! :help: :hihi:

emotica wrote:Not getting a lot of love around here it seems, but for me:

I tried so many reverbs by now in a certain budget area and I finally settled with this. There are very few reverbs that I found that blend that well with the original signal and this does it best for me. Algo by Softube obviously, but never got into TSAR (or any of their other products). Plus, it's nice if you raise the mid tail and suddenly realize that it can do an infinite tail. :D

Or maybe... maybe when it comes to reverbs, it's almost like synths nowadays... way too many options! :help: :hihi:
You are not wrong. I love that verb (and it's counter part)

I sold them when I thought I was going to stick with reason because I was done with VST hosts. Certainly NOT because of the quality ;)

jens wrote:
Ultrareverb is a classic algorithmic reverb (featuring nine algorithms), while H-Reverb has an (afaik) unique approach in that it applies FIR convolution where the IR is synthesized in realtime i.e. generated on the fly (which is why it is rather CPU heavy and which is why there are no IRs to be loaded)....

My recommendation is to get them all.:hihi:
"Classic" is a good word for Ultrareverb, with a twist.
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

Return to “Effects”