Positive Grid giving away their Pro Series EQs free for 24 hours

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Quite the freebie, includes the Tube EQ, Passive EQ and Digital EQ. On the good side, they do sound good, really nice EQs, especially for free!

On the less good (hey they're free so I don't want to be negative): hardly any presets (I like a bunch of presets to get a feel for a plugin) and the UI suffers from the usual Positive Grid UI problems - slow to render, indeed sometimes doesn't render at all leaving a white UI. In Reaper it's not a disaster as you can ctrl-shift a plugin to take it offline and then back on to force it to reload but it's a bit sloppy).

Anyway, not to look a gift horse in the mouth, pretty damn fine giveaway: https://www.positivegrid.com/promotions
A bit fried in the higher freqs

I downloaded them earlier and activated them (via the upgrade button). It isn't really obvious how to keep the full version for free, just installing it, installs the demo version, I believe.

Nice. Also want to know how to keep the license.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

rollasoc wrote:I downloaded them earlier and activated them (via the upgrade button). It isn't really obvious how to keep the full version for free, just installing it, installs the demo version, I believe.
AFAIK, if you log in to the site when you download the installer, you "get" the license. Once you log in via the plugin (Settings -> Login), it downloads the license. Something like that... I hope! Works for me so far.

What's the consensus with these eqs ? Are they good, or average ?
The GUI displays some skeuemorphism eyecandy, but what about the sound and performance ? Does it bring anything new (or, errh, should i say "vintage" instead) to the table ?

The site keeps crashing when I click the download button. Must be busy ...

sinkmusic wrote:The GUI displays some skeuemorphism eyecandy, but what about the sound and performance ? Does it bring anything new (or, errh, should i say "vintage" instead) to the table ?
Skeuomorphism big time! But, CPU performance is very low, 0.4% on my 3.2 i5, so practically nothing. As for sound, well, they sound good to me (but what do I know?). Much better than Bias Amp which I don't like.

PG TUBE EQ :o :love:

Awesome EQ! Try it on a drumloop :wink:

Only one I'm keeping though, need to minimize clutter. Maybe Ill have a closer look of the others sometime later, but for now, this one shines out the most, imo. 8)
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe wrote:Nice. Also want to know how to keep the license.

You need to log in while the plugin is open..

These are the steps:
https://help.positivegrid.com/hc/en-us/ ... /202797405

There is two type of license, and these are "Standard". So there is also "Professional".
It smells like upgrade option. :?:

Awesome. Thanks. Hmm, not cool if its limited in some way or I can't use it for commercial projects... Anymore information about that would be appreciated, if anyone happens to know off hand...

TTU Youtube

Hmm, that little circle thing keeps spinning after clicking login, "please wait" for over 5 minutes....How long did it take for you guys?

TTU Youtube

2 seconds or 3...
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Hmmm about 10 seconds for me. Maybe their server is getting hammered?

As for desktop vs professional license, I think both are fine to do with as you see fit, just the professional versions give you more features (like Bias Amp Pro) although I don't see a professional version of the Pro series... yet!

Positive Grid are so weird. Good SOUND but terrible everything else. Even as a "free" gift I am very hesitant to even bother.

Such an incredibly badly run company.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Got it. I had to login with a fresh account and not use login with facebook option. License type: Desktop...

A very excellent acquisition. :)

TTU Youtube

Return to “Effects”