Limiter6 Skin Black MkII - Improved + Big Labels

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You probably know by now that im not into making big advertising speeches about my stuff, so heres what ultimately matters:

- Smoother background

- Much improved displays (taken over from BiColor skin)

- Vastly improved legibility of labels (as large as room would allow)

- Replaced round LEDs with sharp rectangular LEDs

- Replaced dymo-style buttons with text as in BiColor skin

Note: I recommend to apply the skin to the 'ENV1' version if you have it.

See 'Note Regarding The Readouts.txt' in the archive for details as to why.

That about sums it up, archive contains Images.res for Windows users and individual images for Mac users.

(I hope the names are correct.)

Download directly from KVR.

click for fullsize

Love this one as well as your other skin for Limiter 6!
Thanks ENV1!

Awesome!

<old post>
Is it just me or it doesnt work ?

Ive replace the 100 png with resource files, saved and....got a black interface :?

</old post>

FALSE ALARM - EVERYTHING WORKS AS INTENDED
Last edited by Tp3 on Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

cool, but the red "on" indicator leds are very dim. can barley tell they are on. :/
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:...can barley tell they are on. :/
Wheat are you talking about?

layzer wrote:cool, but the red "on" indicator leds are very dim. can barley tell they are on. :/
While I can agree the red indicators are dimly lit, I personally like 'em the way they are. :shrug:
Perhaps I'm in the minority?

Tp3 wrote:Is it just me or it doesnt work ?

Ive replace the 100 png with resource files, saved and....got a black interface :?
If you want me to help you i need more details.

What exactly did you do?
layzer wrote:cool, but the red "on" indicator leds are very dim. can barley tell they are on. :/
Those are gain reduction indicators, not 'Power On' LEDs.

The more GR the brighter they go.

(Fully lit = -12dB GR.)

ENV1 wrote:
Tp3 wrote:Is it just me or it doesnt work ?

If you want me to help you i need more details.

What exactly did you do?
Sorry, used the wrong tool with wrong instructions... :dog:

(may I advise putting [also] "Info.txt" regarding the [otherwise very easy to execute]installation info - into Black Skin MkII [not only the BiColor one] ? it have been soooo long since the last time I did it, I easily forgot what to do)

So....False alarm. everything good here :tu:
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Tp3 wrote:Sorry, used the wrong tool with wrong instructions... :dog:
Thats what i thought.

Glad youve got it working now. :)
Tp3 wrote:(may I advise putting [also] "Info.txt" regarding the [otherwise very easy to execute]installation info - into Black Skin MkII [not only the BiColor one] ?
Its already in there.

(Check the WIN folder, it contains a straight copy from the BiColor archive since the steps are exactly the same.)

By the way, you didnt by any chance use the individual images from the OSX folder, did you?

Because on Windows thats not necessary anymore, with the provided Images.res you can install all 20 images in one go.

(Only Mac users still have to swap the individual images since they have no DLLs to inject the images into.)

PS: I just saw that KVR is clandestinely renaming the uploaded archives. (Boo!) I wasnt aware of this until just now. IMO the forum software shouldnt be doing this because the name it gives the archives is more or less just a bunch of random numbers with a 'kvr' prefix, i.e. the info as to whats inside the archive is completely lost. Thus id vote to do away with the auto-renaming and just keep the original names.

(The original name of this skins archive is 'Black Skin MkII'.)

Another problem I just bumped into (SORRY !) :

I created the dll, and everything works as expected here (on my Internet computer).

BUT when I copied the dll onto a disk on key and then placed it on my audio computer... well, with the SAME dll (just copied it and pasted it unto another computer), the value readout (small number near the knobs) is shown in gray box (font color is gray too) and I cannot know what value it is until I press the gray box. then the background becomes black again, font color is white again and I can dial in values. upon pressing "enter" or outside the box, it becomes gray again.

Why is that ?
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Thats explained in 'Note Regarding The Readouts.txt' in the archive.

In short: Click into the lower right corner of the UI to toggle the bright readout backgrounds.

(States: Off / Bright / Semi-Bright)

If you applied the skin to the 'ENV1' version you have white readouts and therefore do not need any bright readout backgrounds.

(The last selected state is saved in the registry, so your music computer currently has a different state set.)

Beautiful..!

I hope you don't mind, but I did a quick edit to brighten the resources 116 to 119 - stereo/Mono... etc. They're white now. My old eyes just couldn't make them out before.

Thank you for this excellent GUI :tu:

Andywanders wrote:I hope you don't mind, but I did a quick edit to brighten the resources 116 to 119 - stereo/Mono... etc.
Actually i agree it looks better this way.

(I intentionally made them so they dont 'stick out' up there, but legibility is definitely much better in white.)

I think i will adopt this and replace the current archive.

ENV1 wrote:Thats explained in 'Note Regarding The Readouts.txt' in the archive.

In short: Click into the lower right corner of the UI to toggle the bright readout backgrounds.

(States: Off / Bright / Semi-Bright)
First of all : THANK YOU :tu:
ENV1 wrote:If you applied the skin to the 'ENV1' version you have white readouts and therefore do not need any bright readout backgrounds.

(The last selected state is saved in the registry, so your music computer currently has a different state set.)
Strange... I DID apply it to the ENV1 version and still needed to change the readout brightness. go figure... :scared: (I never messed with the interface with the original ENV1 I had, I must say)

Anyway, what matters is that I have now your ADORABLE new interface and it's functional. and I thank you for that ! :party: :hyper:
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Return to “Effects”