WTH is Key sight?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not to make unnecessary advertising for that company... but, i always have ads from them now, and, when you visit their website, you get very shady offers for "super low cost oscilloscopes!!", and you don't see a price tag anywhere. Is that a serious company? Never heard from them, and they seem very unserious.

:lol: :dog: :help:

Keysight used to be Hewlett-Packard - in fact, it's the direct descendent of the original HP that set up in a garage in Palo Alto in the 30s to make instruments: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/hp-information ... rview.html

When computer maker HP split from the instrument-making part, they became Agilent. Then Agilent split into a biotech unit and the electronic instrument unit now called Keysight.

The ads probably appear because of threads about oscilloscope plugins and Google DFP reckons these are the same kinds of 'scopes as those used for electronics.

I see, cheers. Did you ever click those ads? It's really weird. :lol: At least i don't know what to make of it...

Adblock Plus FTW!

8)

Key sight is pretty alright man. Just don't go low end if you're serious. Won't find prices on their site gotta find retailers.

I have Adblock deactivated on KVR. Wanna support this site. I sometimes click on an ad even, maybe once in half a year or so. :P

scopes aren't siily tools for audio.
I understand they are around $800aud,
and my supplier is JayCar Oz

More weirdness: :o

Google can't tell the difference between two subtly different uses of the word "oscilloscope". What's weird about that?

I've seen adverts for sheds here.

I never searched for oscilloscopes. So why do i get ads about oscilloscopes now, from some weird sites, which offer me a guideline on buying oscilloscopes? And why do those sites pop up now, when they never popped up otherwise? Maybe because i use Edge now pretty frequently, instead of Chrome?

Once again, with emphasis:
Gamma-UT wrote:The ads probably appear because of threads about oscilloscope plugins and Google DFP reckons these are the same kinds of 'scopes as those used for electronics.

Gamma-UT wrote:Once again, with emphasis:
Gamma-UT wrote:The ads probably appear because of threads about oscilloscope plugins and Google DFP reckons these are the same kinds of 'scopes as those used for electronics.
Yea but they kinda are right? I mean if the signal for your source has safe enough voltage you can just run leads into an audio input on your soundcard and use your daw to analyze it. Not a good idea but you can if you really wanna.

And scopes are prolly showing up here because the hardware and diy guys talk about it.

Armagibbon wrote: And scopes are prolly showing up here because the hardware and diy guys talk about it.
Google Adwords/Adchoices isn't that smart. Companies just book keywords like "oscilloscope" and Google looks for those keywords on a page or site.

Man I gotta say like 10 years ago? I'd agree. But now? I don't even know. Google is doing scary shit with ai.

i have a tektronix 545 somewhere around here... only 500kHz bandwidth, but it's full of tubes...

and i used to set up an oscope to the output of my audio card, plug a mic in, and let kids watch their voice on the scope (and let them play with the controls)... it was a lot of fun for them, and it definitely works fine... I just used a normal headphone cable & cut the end to bare wires, no problem... sure, you can do this on a laptop too, but glowing phosphor + knobs had a lot more effect :)

Return to “Effects”