pitchproof harmoniser settings

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi all
i have d/loaded and installed pitchproof into my ocenaudio effects menu and it is working.
i have tried varied and numerous settings but i cannot get a simple,straightforward harmony/duet vocal effect.
any advice on this please.
appreciated.

jo

josephrb wrote:hi all
i have d/loaded and installed pitchproof into my ocenaudio effects menu and it is working.
i have tried varied and numerous settings but i cannot get a simple,straightforward harmony/duet vocal effect.
any advice on this please.
appreciated.

jo
If you didn´t look for tutorials already, you should do it now - on youtube for instance.
Once done with that, and still not succesful, post the link to the documentation and explain exactly what you did, together with an audio sample of your work. Then it´ll be easier to help.
Best Regards

Roman Empire

Not sure what you're doing wrong - this is a very easy to use effect. It sounds kinda glitchy in a "lofi digital" way, like the early effects pedals - which can add an interesting texture but keep that in mind. If you want really clean pitchshifting then look elsewhere.

thanks to you both.
i tried the tutorials.
i agree the effect is very user friendly and as i have knowledge and experience of harmony theory thought i would quickly get a good result.
tried a lot of settings all resulting in high/low/female/male cartoon like voices.
made a recording of a sample track but got a '' mp3 extension not allowed'' when attaching to post[ it contained a result similar to one of the many cartoon voices i got back ]

in the meantime i have tried:
1. eastwood duet.
[ user friendly with preset options ] good fatter sound with double tracking .......no discernable harmony.
1. kerovee
looked at tutorials.
same as pitchproof [ but less user friendly ] tried and tried without success.
i must be missing something here.

jo

Have you tried with Graillon Free Edition: https://www.auburnsounds.com/products/Graillon.html
With the Dry Mix you can add the original voice on top of a transposed one.
Checkout our VST3/VST2/AU/AAX/LV2:
Inner Pitch | Lens | Couture | Panagement | Graillon

josephrb wrote:thanks to you both.
i tried the tutorials.
i agree the effect is very user friendly and as i have knowledge and experience of harmony theory thought i would quickly get a good result.
tried a lot of settings all resulting in high/low/female/male cartoon like voices.
made a recording of a sample track but got a '' mp3 extension not allowed'' when attaching to post[ it contained a result similar to one of the many cartoon voices i got back ]

in the meantime i have tried:
1. eastwood duet.
[ user friendly with preset options ] good fatter sound with double tracking .......no discernable harmony.
1. kerovee
looked at tutorials.
same as pitchproof [ but less user friendly ] tried and tried without success.
i must be missing something here.

jo

You can upload an mp3 to archive.org or soundcloud.com and then link to it.
Which tutorials did you follow, and which settings did you use?
Does it make no difference changing between wet, dry and inbetween?
Best Regards

Roman Empire

Guillaume Piolat wrote:Have you tried with Graillon Free Edition: https://www.auburnsounds.com/products/Graillon.html
Graillon is great :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote:
Guillaume Piolat wrote:Have you tried with Graillon Free Edition: <span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://www.auburnsounds.com/products/G ... html</span>
Graillon is great :tu:
thank you i will try that

roman empire
i have looked at the available tutorials on you tube.
i have tried many settings too numerous to list here.
i have tried varying the dry/wet setting.

there would be no benefit to you by listening to a sample [ or more ] because they all sound familiar; just a variation of cartoon type voices.
jo

guilluame,
i have installed the graillon effect.
could you recommend settings for a simple and straightforward 2 part harmony effect for a pre recorded vocal track that has been imported into ocenaudio from my music folder.
thanks
jo

josephrb wrote:roman empire
i have looked at the available tutorials on you tube.
i have tried many settings too numerous to list here.
i have tried varying the dry/wet setting.

there would be no benefit to you by listening to a sample [ or more ] because they all sound familiar; just a variation of cartoon type voices.
jo
Your initial issue was that it did no harmony at all, but now - at least - it produces cartoon voices :) My question here is: Do those cartoon voices produce harmony to the original input? I just tried the pitchproof effect for the first time, after reinstalling ocenaudio, and instantly got harmony with the default setting. Although not taking much care of the formants, so the added voice having a bit of a cartoon voice feel, it did indeed create a harmony.
Best Regards

Roman Empire

josephrb wrote:guilluame,
i have installed the graillon effect.
could you recommend settings for a simple and straightforward 2 part harmony effect for a pre recorded vocal track that has been imported into ocenaudio from my music folder.
thanks
jo
Try a variation of the "Add Sub Quint" preset (tweak Pitch-Shift and Lead Voice to select the added harmony. Adjust "Preserve Formant" to taste).
Regardless, I'm not sure if that's what you want!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Checkout our VST3/VST2/AU/AAX/LV2:
Inner Pitch | Lens | Couture | Panagement | Graillon

guillaume and roman empire,

graillon worked.....user friendly and set up quickly with a little tweaking of sub quint preset.

thank you both [and others ] for your input.
appreciated.

jo

Glad you made it joseph!
Best Regards

Roman Empire

Return to “Effects”