T-RackS 5 (5.0.1 update,information about free CS version, release date countdown added)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS CS T-RackS Saturator X

djshire wrote:So right now its on sale for $99.99. I have 31 Jam Points, so I can use 30 and get it for 69.99. Are the 4 modules new modules and Classic Compressor, Limiter, and Clipper worth that?
No those are not but other plugins that are included imo worth it, especialy master match.

I hope ik will add vst plugin support for the t racks app in future then it would make it very worth it.

EDIT:

As im interested in master match and the last time i demoed it i liked alot after latest t-racks 5 update master match is broken. If i use it inside T-racks app reference track only produced sound 1 time after that after numerous app restarts it does not produce any sound (im trying 14 day trial). If i open plugin in DAW it does produce the sound but after matching the sound no sound at all. Besides that GUI became laggy as hell.

What on earth IK Multimedia? how can you break a plugin that previously worked just fine? :lol:
Last edited by Elektronisch on Sun May 06, 2018 5:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

djshire wrote:So right now its on sale for $99.99. I have 31 Jam Points, so I can use 30 and get it for 69.99. Are the 4 modules new modules and Classic Compressor, Limiter, and Clipper worth that?
Do you already have other compressors, limiters, and/or clippers? It seems like a deal, but when I look at what I'd be getting (just the 4 new modules, resizable interface, and the shell which I've never used in the prior version) it's just not worth it for me.

I personally feel IK has painted themselves into a bit of corner with their Upgrades plus Custom Shop approach. For instance, Amplitube 4 only came with a few new models, and a few features that weren't available in the Custom Shop (Cab Room, Speaker swapping). Not ton of value, especially when you could buy the amps individually in the Custom Shop. Now the've added the missing features to Custom Shop. Then they repeated this [what I view as a] mistake with T-Racks. I already own a ton of modules so I'd be getting very little new. The upgrades from AT2 to AT3 or T-Racks 3 to T-Racks 4 were much larger by comparison.

I feel like a much more logical, customer-focused approach, woulld've been to just have a free Custom Shop that acts as a "base" package, forget about upgrades entirely, and just add features like improved Oversampling and Resizable UI's to the Custom Shop approach. Then try to offsest those development costs by adding new a la cart models. If they wanted to bundle some new models, then so be it. This way, everyone's on the same version with the same features, and you don't get some people running Custom Shop versions and others running "full" versions with more features. Right now, my T-Racks singles all feel "lesser" than they did before because I know some folks are running them with resizable GUI's, but when I bought these, they were top-of-the-line versions. Now with Amplitube, I did upgrade to AT4 for the cab room features, and now everyone has gotten them. I think a "Custom Shop Only" approach would solve for a lot of issues, rather than creating these sillly tiers.

Ikm seems buggy more and more.... i dunno if they follow arturia in rushing uogrades and making big marketing but dont care? About customers.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:making big marketing but dont care? About customers.
That´s the way IK is doing business. It´s even in their slogan: IK Multimedia, marketing first.

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i will make A/B comparisons soon cause i dunno if i wanna keep tracks with all their way and too many plugins i dont need i guess.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Dredging up this ancient thread to ask a T-Racks 5 question:

Many of the T-Racks modules have a very nice ability to separately configure parameters for L and R or M and S channels. I wanted to verify something I thought I knew the answer to (the effect of the "=" button in the L/R-M/S button block) and pulled up my latest T-Racks pdf documentation to check it out. I could not find information anywhere in the current manual about this capability. Did it get lost at some point along the way or am I just not finding it? If it inadvertently got dropped, you might want to fix that, IKM. This is too nice a feature to not let folks know about it.

It is in the description of each FX module for which it is implemented..

Example:
• L=R:linked channels mode. Set it this way when you want to control both left and right channels at the same time, by applying the exact same equalization to them.
• L/R:click on L or R icons when you want to tweak the equalization independently on the Left or Right channels.
• M/S:this option uses a Mid-Side matrix to insert the equalizers on your processing chain. This means that you will be able to equalize independently the Center or the Sides of your stereo program. The L and R icons will be replaced by M and S when in this mode. Click on M to equalize the Center (Mid) of your stereo image, or on S to equalize the Sides.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:05 pm It is in the description of each FX module for which it is implemented..
Duh!!! :dog:

I just went back this morning to check again, and, yeah, it's right there. In every case, all the controls are listed/explained in the order they appear on the control panel ... all, that is, except the L/R/M/S controls which get mentioned last, which is why I didn't spot them. Thanks for taking the time to respond, though.

Hello,
I wake up the post ... I just bought a Native Instrument A49 keyboard, delivered with the Komplete Kontrol bundle. there are T-Racks 5 in it. and when I install everything, the following message appears:
"can't find graphic resources"
Has the problem been resolved? I can't find anything about it except here.
But the solution was going to be found.
how can i do?

Thank you for your help

Return to “Effects”