T-RackS 5 (5.0.1 update,information about free CS version, release date countdown added)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS CS T-RackS Saturator X

Gamma-UT wrote:
FrankLaVerne wrote:Curious if there will be any upgrade option at all - for the moment I have my doubts ...

Quote from the website: "Previous users, owning some or all modules, can go straight to T-RackS 5 and take advantages of all the new features"

Does that mean T-RackS 4 users (who bought, let's say, the Deluxe edition) can just use V5 as a free option, or does it rather mean that those people are free to buy T-RackS 5 with a brand new but still familiar interface?
There is an upgrade offered in the shop but the pricing is...strange. Basically, it seems that if you have a lot of individual pieces already you are probably better off buying the basic €99 package than attempting to go for the upgrade bundle.

However, it looks as though the new Syntronik-like interface is available for owners of existing T-Racks versions if you don't want (any of) the four new modules.
Yeah, just have seen that - somehow an upgrade option like this doesn't make sense to me in regards of long term loyal customers. I hope Peter can clarify this. Also I am quite curious if previously purchased V4 modules are allowed to be used in V5.

Previous users, owning some or all modules, can go straight to T-RackS 5 and take advantages of all the new features.
So I read that as if you own any t-racks 4 modules, you get t-racks 5 straight away, which contains Classic T-RackS Equalizer, Classic T-RackS Compressor, Classic T-RackS Clipper, Classic T-RackS Multi-band Limiter, EQual, ONE, Dyna-Mu, Master Match and Metering (hey, theres some cool stuff right there to that alone would be pretty neat). But you'll still have the "4" version of your original modules (EQ84, Black Comp etc). If you want the latest version of those plugins, you need to pay... something (probably the MAX upgrade for €199).
A bit fried in the higher freqs

FrankLaVerne wrote:Also I am quite curious if previously purchased V4 modules are allowed to be used in V5.
that's a definite yes
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

cprompt wrote:
Previous users, owning some or all modules, can go straight to T-RackS 5 and take advantages of all the new features.
So I read that as if you own any t-racks 4 modules, you get t-racks 5 straight away, which contains Classic T-RackS Equalizer, Classic T-RackS Compressor, Classic T-RackS Clipper, Classic T-RackS Multi-band Limiter, EQual, ONE, Dyna-Mu, Master Match and Metering (hey, theres some cool stuff right there to that alone would be pretty neat). But you'll still have the "4" version of your original modules (EQ84, Black Comp etc). If you want the latest version of those plugins, you need to pay... something (probably the MAX upgrade for €199).
where does it say anything like that? it says "take advantage of the new features" (i.e. resizable interface, "audiophile-grade audio path", yada yada), not "new devices".
Last edited by Burillo on Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote:where does it say anything like that?
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/tr5/

At the bottom, underneath "Multiple versions to suit all needs".

cprompt wrote:
Burillo wrote:where does it say anything like that?
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/tr5/

At the bottom, underneath "Multiple versions to suit all needs".
no, what i mean is, your interpretation of what the page actually says is pretty ummmm... how do i say it... strange.

what they mean is the following. if you own anything T-Racks, you can go ahead and start using that which you own in the new T-Racks 5 interface, and use all the new features - metering, resizable interface, new audio path, drag-n-drop modules, etc. what you don't get for free is the new modules (matcher, comp, EQ and "one", whatever that is).

there are no "T-Racks 4" versions that you use in T-Racks 5 - your gear gets upgraded (or rather just stays the same, but gets new GUI).

Burillo wrote:no, what i mean is, your interpretation of what the page actually says is pretty ummmm... how do i say it... strange.
Well, then the page is ambiguous and not very clear.

When it says "Previous users, owning some or all modules, can go straight to T-RackS 5 and take advantages of all the new features" and then it says "T-RackS 5 - 9 processors" it seemed a logical conclusion. But you're probably right, it just upgrades the modules you currently have to the new "5" versions.

Let Peter clarify, I'm cool either way.

What i'm not too clear about is if some new features are only available if you buy T-Racks 5. Like, if you had Amplitube Mesa, but don't have Amplitube 4, you'll only be able to use the old cab section - i wonder if similar thing is going on with T-Racks 5. Peter, please clarify exactly what do previous owners get "out of the box", without paying.

so if i buy t-racks classic today for 39€ i can upgrade for free to t-racks 5 including the 4 new processors? or is there another upgrade-path? how much will it be?

No Windows 95 support. 64-bit only. I'm out ... for now.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

audio/fault wrote:so if i buy t-racks classic today for 39€ i can upgrade for free to t-racks 5 including the 4 new processors? or is there another upgrade-path? how much will it be?
That's the question that needs clarifying. The more I think about it, the more I think that only the modules you own get upgraded.

audio/fault wrote:so if i buy t-racks classic today for 39€ i can upgrade for free to t-racks 5 including the 4 new processors? or is there another upgrade-path? how much will it be?
This seems unlikely. As ever with IK, nothing is straightforward. But as they are selling the basic version of T-Racks 5 with the four new processors and five updated ones for €99, I wouldn't hold out much hope of seeing a T-Racks Classic licence bought for €50 less suddenly turning into one for T-Racks 5 Basic.

Aloysius wrote:No Windows 95 support. 64-bit only. I'm out ... for now.
So that's why they discarded the dinosaur logo...

:)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

What's with the EDM parody music used in the trailer?

Return to “Effects”