T-RackS 5 (5.0.1 update,information about free CS version, release date countdown added)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS CS T-RackS Saturator X

Gamma-UT wrote:
audio/fault wrote:so if i buy t-racks classic today for 39€ i can upgrade for free to t-racks 5 including the 4 new processors? or is there another upgrade-path? how much will it be?
This seems unlikely. As ever with IK, nothing is straightforward. But as they are selling the basic version of T-Racks 5 with the four new processors and five updated ones for €99, I wouldn't hold out much hope of seeing a T-Racks Classic licence bought for €50 less suddenly turning into one for T-Racks 5 Basic.
i didn't really believe in it ;)
so the question is more about teh upgrade-path.

and also what happens to single plugins.

all asked already of course. little impatient today :hihi:

loungepanda wrote:What's with the EDM parody music used in the trailer?
Indeed that was bummer but these days it does not matter anymore i guess. They want to aim and hit sweet spot with music selection for adverts but ironically they misses it. You can't please everyone i guess.

Looking forward for demo.

Aloysius wrote:No Windows 95 support. 64-bit only. I'm out ... for now.
I guess that means no DOS 3.1 support either. :(

Gamma-UT wrote:... As ever with IK, nothing is straightforward.
Yes, "Italian way". But as a generic comment, I wish that developers would reward loyal customers, and build up the clientele in this way. And I don't mean systems like "Jam points".

Harry_HH wrote:
Gamma-UT wrote:... As ever with IK, nothing is straightforward.
Yes, "Italian way". But as a generic comment, I wish that developers would reward loyal customers, and build up the clientele in this way. And I don't mean systems like "Jam points".
I second that - I'd neither be happy nor I'd consider upgrading in case an upgrade to T-RackS 5 Max is the only upgrade path that is available for existing T-RackS 4 customers.

i will miss the dino logo :(
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Previous users, owning some or all modules, can go straight to T-RackS 5 and take advantages of all the new features. This version is also ideal for beginners or users getting into mastering for the first time since it includes the 4 new modules along with 5 additional classic T-RackS modules
The above quote from the site implies the T-RackS 5 package displayed below for €99.99 (excl VAT) for both existing users and new inexperienced users (my highlight for emphasis).

It appears that this is then the way to go for owners of T-Racks 4 MAX. It gives you the 4 new modules and is cheaper than the T-RackS 5 upgrade price of €199.99 (excl VAT).
To be complete, you'd also need to buy the Saturator X separately, which wasn't included in T-RackS 4 MAX. That's $79.99 full price and $39.99 on sale now. So it's still cheaper to go T-RackS 5 + Saturator X separately, even at full price.

I'm kind of bummed out that there isn't a better deal for upgrading T-RackS 4 MAX, since I'm essentially also paying for 5 modules that I already paid for.
Demo/soundtrack work: https://soundcloud.com/antaln
My post/prog rock band: http://www.sylvium.com

Now...what about us who own T-Racks 4 and many plugins?
Any upgrade prices and stuff? If i get these 4 new plugins
4 free then ok, it is fair, i already own Saturator-X and
many other...but to pay just for the interface, i don't know.
My existing T-Racks cost me over 1000$.

Thanks
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

I'm holding back my commentary until that thing is fully accessible to all users. Old, and new ones alike.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the constant "you have to upgrade route" (as oldschool "Classic" user), especially if the Custom Shop engine is still a thing (see end of the video!). And I do think that we will see free upgrades either (it's new modules! So of course it isn't!). Updates maybe (Custom Shop), but that's about it.

The "Meter" for example looks like a huge(!) update to the Metering Suite of old T-Racks, basically the Custom Shop "Shell". I'm actually looking forward to put that thing through it's paces (accuracy, etc). Though I really hope this will be a free update (or freebie like it was at several points in time) in general.

The "Dyna-Mu" is basically "inspired" form a Manley (which the "based on an American coveted piece of hardware" hints at), the EQual definitely looks like an answer to Pro-Q (and IMO, it was about darn time! Even though T-Racks' original "console" stuff was great, the Linear Master EQ wasn't), "One" looks to be heavily inspired by what has been recently released from Independent Devs. The "secret mojo/sauce" in this bundle so to speak.

Either way... as mentioned, I'm holding back further commentary until the actual release.

But if there won't be a suitable/fair upgrade/crossgrade path yet again - I'll pass (personal opinion and all). In fact, I haven't touched T-Racks in months (and man, I loved the Opto Comp) - and neither JamPoints or "Custom Shop Credits" were of use to me in recent years. Add to that, that somehow my license activation vanished overnight? Oh the joy of C/R copy protection.

We'll know more the next days - and I'm sure the thread will have 20+ pages of thoughts, wild speculation, rage and praise by then.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

On another note...Acustica Audio just released the Ivory 3...ufff!!!
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

For those that have previous T-RackS versions you'd be able to take advantage of the very low $/€99.99 pre-order pricing and also are able to use JamPoints earned from those previous purchases to get an up to 30% off additionally. Your previous T-RackS processors will indeed work within T-RackS 5. If you'd like to get the whole shebang, the T-RackS 5 MAX upgrade would be a good route to go at the discounted $/€199.99 off.

For more information, including pricing, you can visit the T-RackS 5 web page. You can also find your best upgrade/crossgrade options in the new section of your IK User Area (labeled "Crossgrade/Upgrade") or specifically for your best T-RackS MAX pricing if you are logged in at this page.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:For those that have previous T-RackS versions you'd be able to take advantage of the very low $/€99.99 pre-order pricing and also are able to use JamPoints earned from those previous purchases to get an up to 30% off additionally. Your previous T-RackS processors will indeed work within T-RackS 5. If you'd like to get the whole shebang, the T-RackS 5 MAX upgrade would be a good route to go at the discounted $/€199.99 off.
So...it seems to be as I suspected...

Peter, will there be any difference between T-RackS 4 "work within T-RackS 5" and buying T-RackS 5 modules specifically? Or is there no functional and optical difference?
Last edited by evilantal on Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Demo/soundtrack work: https://soundcloud.com/antaln
My post/prog rock band: http://www.sylvium.com

Well, IK never cared about their loyal customers so why was I expecting they finally would in the first place...

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:For those that have previous T-RackS versions you'd be able to take advantage of the very low $/€99.99 pre-order pricing and also are able to use JamPoints earned from those previous purchases to get an up to 30% off additionally. Your previous T-RackS processors will indeed work within T-RackS 5. If you'd like to get the whole shebang, the T-RackS 5 MAX upgrade would be a good route to go at the discounted $/€199.99 off.

For more information, including pricing, you can visit the T-RackS 5 web page. You can also find your best upgrade/crossgrade options in the new section of your IK User Area (labeled "Crossgrade/Upgrade") or specifically for your best T-RackS MAX pricing if you are logged in at this page.
I don't see any Version 5 upgrade/crossgrade offers in the Crossgrade/Upgrade section. I see a ton of items, but none are for Version 5.

I'm specifically looking for a way to upgrade all my Version 4 units into Version 5 units.
Last edited by VitaminD on Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BasariStudios wrote:On another note...Acustica Audio just released the Ivory 3...ufff!!!
Italians on fire!

Return to “Effects”