T-RackS 5 (5.0.1 update,information about free CS version, release date countdown added)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS CS T-RackS Saturator X

Harry_HH wrote:This whole launching start to remind a bad opera, with a new crank behind every corner.
Changing rules in the middle of the process, when many have already acted as advised, is not a good idea.
Will you cancel those deals if the rules are changing.

Whatever you in the IK do, it must be transparent, and same rules for everyone. It can´t be that those who cries loudest, get the best deals. :dog:
We're not changing any rules, this is how every business would handle cases where people feel they are entitled to something that is not being offered. They are welcome to make their case, as always, and as has been for all time with any business. Typically, the 99.99 deal will be the best and likely still be the best (with JamPoints for loyal customers) even in these cases. In short: I didn't state that anything was guaranteed and frankly many will still not qualify for anything but the great deal already offered.

Edit - didn't help to clarify, removed.
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Though it really would be great if there were any questions about the actual product since these pricing questions and such have all been covered in the FAQ at http://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/vie ... 13&t=14225

Peter. Why cant be the versions backwardscompatible? It is somehow annoying to have e.g. a ypecific comp 3 times installed....
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

edit - got it answered below
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Caine123 wrote:Peter. Why cant be the versions backwardscompatible? It is somehow annoying to have e.g. a ypecific comp 3 times installed....
Ah OK, I believe this is the clarification of the point I had asked about above.

This is to make sure your previous projects stay as they are and are not suddenly changed when you install a major version release. You can keep your previous projects as they are and migrate whichever projects you might wish to at your discretion and your own pace. Many don't update previous projects to keep them consistent to how they were when they used the plugins that existed at the time, and so nothing changes.

Edit - of course point releases (4.1 to 4.2 to 4.3, etc for example) do update in place, but major full version releases typically do not.

Thx peter. I will check what upgrade options i have.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Is there a mix knob on the compressors yet?
That's the main thing I wanted from a T-Racks update.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Though it really would be great if there were any questions about the actual product since these pricing questions and such have all been covered in the FAQ at http://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/vie ... 13&t=14225
The rules should be clear and same for everyone. The original launching/upgrade should be so well thought, that there´s not need for exception and suspicions. IK must have known, that there are hundreds on clients, which have bought tens of T Racks products over the years, but don´t own the MAX 4. Those are all in the same situation, not eligible for the $ 99 MAX 5 upgrade deal, although they may own 12-25 T Racks plugins.
It had been rather easy to create one or two upgrade step more, and avoid all this hustle.
Now, some of those several T Racks plugin owners have started to sell the old ver. 3 plugins, to cover some of the $/€ 199 MAX 5 upgrade costs. But selling those plugins when IK takes $/€20 transfer of EVERY single plugins, is not easy, the sellerg get almost nothing, if he/she ever get rid of those plugins. If the IK should let group the transfers (1 fee for 10 plugins or something like that), once IK starts making exeptions in the upgrade.
I´m not for the exeptions, those make just things too complicated, and taxes IK support people time. But if IK opens that option, giving up the transfer fee would be a logical step to compensate the old T Racks owners investments.
Last edited by Harry_HH on Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Q1: How can I get my user presets from T-RackS CS (aka TR4), or even T-RackS 3, to be available to T-RackS 5 (aka TR5)?

Q2: Does the status of my plug-ins in TR5 (i.e. not needing purchase / activation) depend on having TR4 installed or is it worked out from the products listed in User Area / My Products and those purchase via Custom Shop?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Harry_HH wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Though it really would be great if there were any questions about the actual product since these pricing questions and such have all been covered in the FAQ at http://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/vie ... 13&t=14225
The rules should be clear and same for everyone. The original launching/upgrade should be so well thought, that there´s not need for exception and suspicions. IK must have known, that there are hundreds on clients, which have bought tens of T Racks products over the years, but don´t own the MAX 3. Those are all in the same situation, not eligible for the $ 99 MAX 4 upgrade deal, although they may own 12-25 T Racks plugins.
It had been rather easy to create one or two upgrade step more, and avoid all this hustle.
Now, some of those several T Racks plugin owners have started to sell the old ver. 3 plugins, to cover some of the $/€ 199 MAX 5 upgrade costs. But selling those plugins when IK takes $/€20 transfer of EVERY single plugins, is not easy, the seller get almost nothing, if he/she ever get rid of those plugins. If the IK should let group the transfers (1 fee for 10 plugins or something like that), once IK starts making exeptions in the upgrade.
I´m not for the exeptions, those make just things too complicated, and taxes IK support people time. But if IK opens that option, giving up the transfer fee would be a logical step to compensate the old T Racks owners investments.
I am sure that the rules are the same for everyone. Anyone who has a licence for any IK Multimedia product (T-RackS or otherwise) with a list price of over $/€99.99 can get the T-RackS 5 MAX Upgrade bundle, for 199.99 excl. VAT. And, if they have them up to 30% (59) JamPoints can be used. I reckon that 17 of the current T-RackS processors are listed at over 99.99.

If you have loads of T-RackS processors and the TR5 MAX Upgrade bundle is not cost-effective, then TR5, at 99.99 could be. With that you'll get TR5-equivalent versions of ALL your current T-RackS plug-ins and the 4 additional processors and the new TR5 features.
Inspired by ...

How can YOU be sure? After the following, from the previous page, the IK has opened the option for exeptions:

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:

audiosabre wrote:
I was interested in TR5 MAX upgrade (I've wanted MAX way before TR5 was announced) but I think it's not worth it for me personally. I'd be paying the extra 100 (over the basic TR5 €99 price) for 5 singles, whereas someone with no T-RackS at all (but qualifies for MAX) pays the extra 100 for 30+ singles.

It's the most skewed "upgrade" (CROSSGRADE!) I've ever seen from any developer. I feel embarrassed that I defended IK so much over the years. If that makes me "entitled", then so be it :dog:

The 99.99 and 199.99 options were created to start to simplify the options (there were many many versions/collections available for T-RackS in the past, which made it complex on its own as well as possibly very complex for upgrades/crossgrades). If you feel you have a special case that falls outside of the "in the box" (pun intended) options, the team can take a look at your situation and see if there's anything they can do.

Please note that new users will not have the opportunity to get up to 30% off the already-low pre-order pricing so that is an extra that does set apart current users from new as far as available deals. Again, though, if that is not satisfactory to you there is always the option to contact IK if you feel you don't fit into the offered options.

Who should we contact, Peter: yourself, joe blow, anyone in particular?
Last edited by Harry_HH on Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

DarkStar wrote:Q1: How can I get my user presets from T-RackS CS (aka TR4), or even T-RackS 3, to be available to T-RackS 5 (aka TR5)?

Q2: Does the status of my plug-ins in TR5 (i.e. not needing purchase / activation) depend on having TR4 installed or is it worked out from the products listed in User Area / My Products and those purchase via Custom Shop?
1. There should be an option to migrate when you install, but I'll check for more details about how presets are handled as some of that may still be TBD until the finalized version is available.

2. It will work like it does now, you'll have access to what you have in your account not what you have installed.

Got it, thank you.
Inspired by ...

Peter I have a question, Will it be integrated or compatible with the ARC 2.5 system?

Christian_D wrote:
Peter I have a question, Will it be integrated or compatible with the ARC 2.5 system?
ARC is not integrated into T-RackS 5 at this time.

Return to “Effects”