T-RackS 5 (5.0.1 update,information about free CS version, release date countdown added)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS CS T-RackS Saturator X

plexuss wrote:
kj.metissage wrote:
musicalwarmth812 wrote:No, 432 is the same, as are all of the other blurry buttons/text.
Yup, same blurry stuff. :(
How about actually using the thing. I'm starting to get tired of all the GUI bs peeps.
Ok guy, that, or tired of your mouth. I can't use the software if the gui is broken, which it is on my system. Why don't you go use it and don't worry about others' problems with it. What a clown.

musicalwarmth812 wrote:
plexuss wrote:
kj.metissage wrote:
musicalwarmth812 wrote:No, 432 is the same, as are all of the other blurry buttons/text.
How about actually using the thing. I'm starting to get tired of all the GUI bs peeps.
Ok guy, that, or tired of your mouth. I can't use the software if the gui is broken, which it is on my system. Why don't you go use it and don't worry about others' problems with it. What a clown.
I haven't been able to come up with a reply that is stupider than yours. you win. :party:

plexuss wrote:
musicalwarmth812 wrote:
plexuss wrote:
kj.metissage wrote:
I haven't been able to come up with a reply that is stupider than yours. you win. :party:
Oh, good one hoss...go make a puppet

musicalwarmth812 wrote:Oh, good one hoss...go make a puppet
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Another 959 Meg download for a 0.1 update ? :bang:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Thanks IK for turning around the update quickly and keeping us informed in this thread. Especially pre holidays. Looking forward to the next update. You guys are the best. - Scotty
Last edited by Scotty on Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Teksonik wrote:Another 959 Meg download for a 0.1 update ? :bang:
I'm glad I don't pay for downloads by the gig. Unless of course I want to download libraries I've bought from IK. They really need to reconsider that.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

braj wrote:
Teksonik wrote:Another 959 Meg download for a 0.1 update ? :bang:
I'm glad I don't pay for downloads by the gig. Unless of course I want to download libraries I've bought from IK. They really need to reconsider that.
I recently got a 1TB per month cap on my data which sounds like a lot but I dropped cable TV so all my content is streaming which can add up. I've only recently started paying attention to my downloads.

But I just find it odd that IK who charges you to download your content after awhile would be so wasteful with bandwidth. :hihi:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I do pay for bandwidth :(

Anyway, a good part of the download is the T-RackS 5.pak file (573 MB) which seems to be sort sort of library file. ST3 and Syntronik have them too. The individual TR5 dll files are from 5 to 52 MB (totalling 624 MB).
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

If IKMultimedia would add VST support to T-Racks 5 then it would be real competitor to Ozone 8

DarkStar wrote:I do pay for bandwidth :(

Anyway, a good part of the download is the T-RackS 5.pak file (573 MB) which seems to be sort sort of library file. ST3 and Syntronik have them too. The individual TR5 dll files are from 5 to 52 MB (totalling 624 MB).
My point is that do we really need to download the whole package just for a 0.1 update ? So every update no matter how minor is going to require another 959 meg download ? I'm sure it's convenient for them but for people such as yourself who have to pay for bandwidth or someone like me who has a monthly cap it is not convenient.

I appreciate the update but I do find it ironic that IK claims to need payment for downloading your content after the expiration date but is so cavalier with bandwidth in this case. If it's absolutely necessary to download the whole package then so be it but if there's a way to just download the updated info it would be beneficial for all involved including IK...... :shrug:

Good points, but I cannot see it happening, given the software module architecture - one big library module (maybe it is the .pak files for the individual plug-ins all in one container?) and individual plug-in dll files.

PS T-RackS 4 download was 'only' 241MB (and that was for 64-bit and 32-bit plug-ins); does that point to all those resizeable GUIs being the cause?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Yes, if you are installing an update it is a full install. There is no system to do incremental installation in the current architecture of T-RackS 5. I will relay your suggestions/comments/concerns to the team. Thank you.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Just a note to people that might not have read all the messages in this thread (or the last page or two): There is no limit (frequency nor time-based) for T-RackS 5. The part of the discussion pertaining to download limits of 180 days is for sound libraries only.
Yes... it’s for sound libraries. Sorry to have added to the confusion.

simon.a.billington wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Just a note to people that might not have read all the messages in this thread (or the last page or two): There is no limit (frequency nor time-based) for T-RackS 5. The part of the discussion pertaining to download limits of 180 days is for sound libraries only.
Yes... it’s for sound libraries. Sorry to have added to the confusion.
This is a 60+ page thread. I think we all bear a bit of the burden for any confusion in such a beast :D

Return to “Effects”