PaulStretch3 preview(12) release

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nah, prefer original (non-fiction) people.

Now I am having trouble coming up for a name for the plugin...Argh. :cry: I would prefer something a bit more distinct than just the current generic "paulstretchplugin"...

Btw, what was the initial intention to name it "paulstretch"? :)

LUAPERTSPHCTIGULN

Add: "Zeitdilatation" (engl: time dilation) would be nice.
Last edited by elassi on Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SALPUTTERCHPLUGIN

elassi wrote:Btw, what was the initial intention to name it "paulstretch"? :)
The original developer of the algorithm named it like that after his own name.

apultserthcpgulni

Xenakios wrote:The original developer of the algorithm named it like that after his own name.
Ah, I see.

So (a potential) new name should somehow refer to him as well, no? :)

Xenakios wrote:
elassi wrote:Btw, what was the initial intention to name it "paulstretch"? :)
The original developer of the algorithm named it like that after his own name.
With a name like Paul Stretch there were probably only a few vocations he was suited to. Apparently, before coding algorithms, he was big in spandex :ud:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:With a name like Paul Stretch there were probably only a few vocations he was suited to. Apparently, before coding algorithms, he was big in spandex :ud:
:-o

https://twitter.com/snoopphaphi/status/ ... 2989620230

elassi wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:With a name like Paul Stretch there were probably only a few vocations he was suited to. Apparently, before coding algorithms, he was big in spandex :ud:
:-o

https://twitter.com/snoopphaphi/status/ ... 2989620230
:lol: :lol: Like..."This is how much fatter you are than us" :scared:

Xenakios wrote:Now I am having trouble coming up for a name for the plugin...Argh. :cry: I would prefer something a bit more distinct than just the current generic "paulstretchplugin"...

Call it' XenStretch'. Looks cool, rolls off the tongue (Like Zen, man), and honours both of the creators :tu:

Edited: Typed emoticon incorrectly Then came back to add this "edit" section to explain the edit :scared:
Last edited by el-bo (formerly ebow) on Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Xenakios wrote:Now I am having trouble coming up for a name for the plugin...Argh. :cry: I would prefer something a bit more distinct than just the current generic "paulstretchplugin"...

Call it' XenStretch'. Looks cool, rolls off the tongue (Like Zen, man), and honours both of the creators tu:
XPStretch for Xenakios Paul Stretch? It would also bring in old memories of Win XP even though I don't build the software for Win XP... :clown:

Xenakios wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:

Call it' XenStretch'. Looks cool, rolls off the tongue (Like Zen, man), and honours both of the creators tu:
XPStretch for Xenakios Paul Stretch? It would also bring in old memories of Win XP even though I don't build the software for Win XP... :clown:
Also cool, but sounds more technical than the flow of Xen (Zen). Besides Win XP is one of the reasons why I am now OSX :P

Of course, it does manage to get both names in full (kinda...)

Return to “Effects”