Kush Audio releases Novatron - Varitone Tube Compressor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

"Novatron is an analog-modeled compressor that borrows so many sonic properties from so many different classing hardware units that, ironically, it could only exist in the world of DSP.

With separate in/out Transformer Saturation, two optional Tone Circuits, and a monstrous compressor with groundbreaking attack and release characteristics, the Novatron produces the same three-dimensional 'solidity' and tone typically reserved for expensive hardware."

http://www.thehouseofkush.com/plugins/novatron

this has me seriously considering getting a Kush subscription.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

I was watching this but.. iLok 2 or 3. No software iLok? Why?
:(
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

Novatron is pretty excellent IMHO, especially when coupled with their fantastic
Hammer EQ. Gotta love the kush...

pekbro wrote:Novatron is pretty excellent IMHO, especially when coupled with their fantastic
Hammer EQ. Gotta love the kush...
Hammer is not leaving my mixbus. Incredible eq...
Novatron seems to have a lot of vibe and yeah it must be the perfect match with the Hammer.
Last edited by Endor-8o8 on Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yeah, Hammer and PSP E27 are 2 of my faves
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I've been testing this one for a while. It's an absolute beast of a compressor. It has worked great on every source I've thrown at it. But what's best about it is it's one of those rare pieces of gear that's hard to make sound bad. Dialing in a great sound is incredibly easy. And it really does cover a LOT of ground sonically. It can do clean bus compression, add some character and control to a drum bus, do brutal FET crushing, smooth and big vocals or bass, it's really incredibly impressive.

Definitely worth a demo if you're not anti-iLok.

Lord, take me downtown...I'm just lookin' for some Kush :D

This is one serious beast of a compressor. It's the transformer of compressors...it morphs into whatever you need it to be (Fet, VCA, Vari-Mu). Been beta testing for months and I've been waiting for this thing to be released onto an unsuspecting world. Dominion is now firmly within Kush Audio's grasp.
Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival. [C. S. Lewis]

legendCNCD wrote:I was watching this but.. iLok 2 or 3. No software iLok? Why?
:(

Same here.
Can not touch a dongle due to moving between studios...if I forget to take the iLok dongle to a session...
I also work on projects while traveling on the London tube and a dongle would make it impossible (no space while sitting in the cramped train seats). Take note overzealous developers!
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

Good to hear these reviews, sounds like a one stop compressor and I can sell the majority of the others I have.........being a sad KVR collector of plugins

I do like Kush, they are all just sound bettering plugins, just slapping them on a channel in default mode makes things sound more betterer
Last edited by VariKusBrainZ on Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Was really hoping this would be soft-iLok compatible like the Omega Transformers :neutral:

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stopped watching as soon as I noticed on the beginning that he didnt gain stage properly...

Can somebody please tell me where those 100 presets are?
Just purchased and thought I'd ask here before going to support.
tia

Return to “Effects”